America - its all a bit odd...

I have two septics working for me in London both of who are US Citizens and they get to pay tax twice - once to HMRC and a second time to the IRS. If they wish to remain US Citizens, they have no choice. I’m about to take a couple more on in London - it’s funny they’ve come here to escape Trump and I want to go to the US to escape remaining in the European Union

I have two septics working for me in London both of who are US Citizens and they get to pay tax twice - once to HMRC and a second time to the IRS. If they wish to remain US Citizens, they have no choice. I’m about to take a couple more on in London - it’s funny they’ve come here to escape Trump and I want to go to the US to escape remaining in the European Union
Grass greener...etc...etc...

Though, I came to Europe long before all this Trump malarkey....I always love the thought of living/working in Europe, when a position opened for a 2yr assignment, I jumped at it. 6 something yrs later, still here...though, for how long, not sure...

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
A Glock?

A bleedin' Glock?

No thanks...

View attachment 364918
I would really really like to know how that pistol could possibly take either of the two very large magazines shown at the back.

Being serious I did find a gunsmith/shop in NY state actually making a handgun for rifle cartridges, all for a customer who wanted to shoot bear - with a handgun.

My reaction when I found out BYU got Wyoming’s bowl game this year......I fecking hate the Mormons....:mad::censored:
Why?
One of my mates in OR is a Mormon & a rally nice guy.
What I can't stand is religious zealots, of any stripe. Oh & the smug, pious "look at meee!" types.

I would really really like to know how that pistol could possibly take either of the two very large magazines shown at the back.

Being serious I did find a gunsmith/shop in NY state actually making a handgun for rifle cartridges, all for a customer who wanted to shoot bear - with a handgun.
I've fired one chambered for what's in those magazines.
nasty is the only fitting description of the recoil.

Why?
One of my mates in OR is a Mormon & a rally nice guy.
What I can't stand is religious zealots, of any stripe. Oh & the smug, pious "look at meee!" types.
The closer you are to the Holy land (Utah) the more zealous they are. I don’t like how they treat their young women. They send them to college (finishing school) to marry a missionary and start pooping out kids early. My best mate in high school turned into an utter douche when he was on his mission, came home got hitched at 21 and popped out three kids he was not ready for. He was divorced at 27 and the same with both his sisters.

Besides Wyoming fans hate BYU and CSU. We have an image to maintain.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
You sound like the people we met when we drove from SF to Tampa, asking us why we didn't just fly.
We tried to stay off the interstates as much as possible (except for the El Paso to San Antonio bit, that was just 500 miles of nuthin!), and in doing so saw things that weren't in any guide books and met people that had barely been outside their own county, never mind abroad. Wouldn't have got that flying the friendly skies!
A bit late with this one but one April I drove from Houston to San Antonio (in the days when I had an employer to pick up the bills) and the wild flowers were really something. There's a packet of seed for them in a drawer somewhere, one day I may scatter them privily for the future amazement and bafflement of the locals. Also a packet of seeds for Texas bluebonnets which presumably are bigger and better and smellier than those from any other State.

A bit late with this one but one April I drove from Houston to San Antonio (in the days when I had an employer to pick up the bills) and the wild flowers were really something. There's a packet of seed for them in a drawer somewhere, one day I may scatter them privily for the future amazement and bafflement of the locals. Also a packet of seeds for Texas bluebonnets which presumably are bigger and better and smellier than those from any other State.
Good thing the UK doesn't have OZ style quarantine laws.

The closer you are to the Holy land (Utah) the more zealous they are. I don’t like how they treat their young women. They send them to college (finishing school) to marry a missionary and start pooping out kids early. My best mate in high school turned into an utter douche when he was on his mission, came home got hitched at 21 and popped out three kids he was not ready for. He was divorced at 27 and the same with both his sisters.

Besides Wyoming fans hate BYU and CSU. We have an image to maintain.
Seems to me you believe the BS, rather than the reality, as I've yet to meet a Mormon anywhere who treats their women as anything but equals.
Don't get me wrong, as I agree such things happen but no more so than in many other sectors of society & a fuxite less than in some.

PS Have you considered that your mate's family might well have been a bunch of dysfunctional douches no matter what sky pixie they followed?

Seems to me you believe the BS, rather than the reality, as I've yet to meet a Mormon anywhere who treats their women as anything but equals.
Don't get me wrong, as I agree such things happen but no more so than in many other sectors of society & a fuxite less than in some.

PS Have you considered that your mate's family might well have been a bunch of dysfunctional douches no matter what sky pixie they followed?
Go to a temple and ask to observe a ward in action.

What It's Like to Be a Mormon Woman | HuffPost

I'm afraid it's more a case of you being fortunate in the Mormons you have met. It is quite well documented that Mormon women are treated little more than breeding machines and unpaid servants. They aren't much different to some Arab states in that respect.

I'm afraid it's more a case of you being fortunate in the Mormons you have met. It is quite well documented that Mormon women are treated little more than breeding machines and unpaid servants. They aren't much different to some Arab states in that respect.
And don't forget the Amish they are just as bad. We used to go to Amish country for days out and buy traditionally prepared foodie items.

Being a Class 1 perv I could not help notice how gorgeous some of the Amish women are. But, there they are traipsing around wearing long sack like clothing walking from A to B, doing manual work in the fields at early o'clock, then having to go home and prep the old mans dinner, wash his clothes and clean the home. Some of them could seriously be world class models, but they have farm labourers hands.

Back to Mormons: Salt Lake City, the home of all things Mormon, has a serious, and I mean serious, drug problem - heroin, crack and meth. All the pressures of conforming and fitting into a tightly defined life takes it's toll. I've seen a couple of docu's on Salt Lake City and its narco problems, one of them was about the cartels expanding in there.

And don't forget the Amish they are just as bad. We used to go to Amish country for days out and buy traditionally prepared foodie items.

Being a Class 1 perv I could not help notice how gorgeous some of the Amish women are. But, there they are traipsing around wearing long sack like clothing walking from A to B, doing manual work in the fields at early o'clock, then having to go home and prep the old mans dinner, wash his clothes and clean the home. Some of them could seriously be world class models, but they have farm labourers hands.

Back to Mormons: Salt Lake City, the home of all things Mormon, has a serious, and I mean serious, drug problem - heroin, crack and meth. All the pressures of conforming and fitting into a tightly defined life takes it's toll. I've seen a couple of docu's on Salt Lake City and its narco problems, one of them was about the cartels expanding in there.
Here they are called Mennonites, and we sometimes visit a place called St Jacobs to do much the same thing. I was never struck by their attractiveness, but a family together do have a distinctive aroma.

Ever since Utah lowered their BAC threshold to .05, they have been a nightmare to deal with. Those damn Sermon Sam’s and Sally’s just come here to drink.

Last edited: