America - its all a bit odd...

PFFFT I dont know what you are going on about. its not cold there

In Australia they will say that the temp is 10 " but with a wind chill feelins like 3". That Celcius by the way.

Seriously they wrap up in snow gear for days of 10"
I am sure it feels like the Ice ages in the land down under.
But we are not to far away from those -45 degree C days either.

I do miss waking in the morning to find 5 foot of snow has descended overnight...
You're weird. :? I have never said that ever. Good luck with your healing.

You're weird. :? I have never said that ever. Good luck with your healing.
I was 12 at the time and the only time the schools were closed due to snow!

Thank you :)

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Three weeks ago it was 90 deg F or 32.2 deg C.
We will be getting snow this weekend.

It only get's worse from this point on!! Great hunting weather though!
UK is so much easier. Every day there is rain - somewhere.

That’s strange.

It seems that as it gets colder the humidity increases (I am assuming it is relative humidity).

Most peculiar. It ought to decrease with colder temperatures.

With 10F and 77% humidity you might be getting your first snow on Sunday.

Edit. That’s all bollox. Apart from the snow bit. I confused myself with relative and absolute humidity.

Warm air holds more moisture than cold air. Cool a volume of air with a certain amount of water vapour in it and the relative humidity will increase due to the decreased capacity of the air to hold water vapour at the lower temperature.

It's the reason you get water vapour condensing into cloud as air cools adiabatically. (Also needs condensation nuclei)

Ah! Just clocked the bit where the penny has dropped.

Last edited:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m due to leave Austin TX today and although I have enjoyed the trip here, there are some aspects that have been pretty shit.

The amount of down and outs, druggies, beggers etc is shocking and pretty depressing. It is the same here as it is in LA.

I hired a Mustang whilst out here and whilst it has been fun to drive, the act of driving in town and out in the open roads and interstate is way more of a PITA than over in Europe. Crap signs, no signs total WTF road design.

The food. Britain used to have poor resturant standards in the 70’s and 80’s but I am getting tired of morons slagging off British food. Having travelled a fair bit, in my opinion we are better than most places and way better than some of the supposed legends of the US.
NY/Brooklyn pizza? Greasy mess.
Various Austin BBQ joints, yeah ok but I have had better and cooked better myself.
Austin Burgers best burgers in Texas? Well I weep for Texas as they were overcooked dogshit.

So what does Austin do great?
The people are the freindliest I have met in the US, so nice.
The bars are brilliant, world class live bands, stacks of great beer choice, great atmosphere.
The highest concentration if hot women on the planet. Seriously, are they shipping them in? Why the feck didn’t I come here 20 years ago?

The bars are brilliant, world class live bands, stacks of great beer choice, great atmosphere.
The highest concentration if hot women on the planet. Seriously, are they shipping them in? Why the feck didn’t I come here 20 years ago?
Austin is the only place I can live in TX. Might actually do at some point for a bit since I have plenty of fam and friends there, with a ton of tech industry jobs as well.
And oh, they also do F1, if you're into that sort of thing. I am not.

Austin is the only place I can live in TX. Might actually do at some point for a bit since I have plenty of fam and friends there, with a ton of tech industry jobs as well.
Yeah it’s next week. But I cannot stand F1, it is dull as feck. However MotoGP comes out here in the spring, greatest sport on the planet.

My planning has been a big fail, there is a colllege football game kicking off just as I need to get to the airport. I’d love to check out the game.

Last edited:
College football games are always epic fun.
If it's not Ohio State (my alma mater, currently number 3 in the country) then it doesn't matter. ;-) :p :-D

Brutus Buckeye.jpg
Dwayne Haskins.jpg

Many of us do not consider Austin part of the US.

I’m due to leave Austin TX today and although I have enjoyed the trip here, there are some aspects that have been pretty shit.

The amount of down and outs, druggies, beggers etc is shocking and pretty depressing. It is the same here as it is in LA.

I hired a Mustang whilst out here and whilst it has been fun to drive, the act of driving in town and out in the open roads and interstate is way more of a PITA than over in Europe. Crap signs, no signs total WTF road design.

The food. Britain used to have poor resturant standards in the 70’s and 80’s but I am getting tired of morons slagging off British food. Having travelled a fair bit, in my opinion we are better than most places and way better than some of the supposed legends of the US.
NY/Brooklyn pizza? Greasy mess.
Various Austin BBQ joints, yeah ok but I have had better and cooked better myself.
Austin Burgers best burgers in Texas? Well I weep for Texas as they were overcooked dogshit.

now funnily enough I cam on this thread to ask what the view was on Austin TX as I'm going for a week with work in the first week in December. How bizarre.

Much to see?

now funnily enough I cam on this thread to ask what the view was on Austin TX as I'm going for a week with work in the first week in December. How bizarre.

Much to see?
It is mainly great bars. Seeing anywhere will need a car and gps.
Without GPS youre screwed here. The best bbq joints are out of town (Salt Lick).
The river is a nice walk. I didn’t get the feeling that it is sight seeing central like NY. Austin seems to come alive after dark.

Imagine Union Street in Plymouth but 100% classier, brilliant bars great music and gorgeous women.....so nothing like Union Street :)

It is mainly great bars. Seeing anywhere will need a car and gps.
Without GPS youre screwed here. The best bbq joints are out of town (Salt Lick).
The river is a nice walk. I didn’t get the feeling that it is sight seeing central like NY. Austin seems to come alive after dark.

Imagine Union Street in Plymouth but 100% classier, brilliant bars great music and gorgeous women.....so nothing like Union Street :)
Or Plymouth!

Not sure how much time I will have