America - its all a bit odd...

I can understand teaching that the practice of witchcraft is not ok. But reading a series of fecking books about the subject is a bit over the top. I mean for FFS, you one has to be able to teach the youth that eventually when you are released into the wild, you are going to deal with folks from all walks of life. You don't have to agree with everybody else's ideas but you still have to be able to work with them to accomplish things.
Of course, now the heresy is believing (much less actually communicating) in anything "conservative" that is most widely verboten in academe and certain other segments of post-modern American society.

Of course, now the heresy is believing (much less actually communicating) in anything "conservative" that is most widely verboten in academe and certain other segments of post-modern American society.
He's a "Redneck" Burn him! Oh wait he has the guns..............

Oh trust me, the poor Liberals who come out here are in culture shock. It is rather funny to see them reach for the Holy Water...fecking hypocrites.

A couple of weeks ago a second mate was explaining to me how he does his chart corrections these days. He receives an e-mail with an attachment, the attachment is downloaded onto a USB stick which is then plugged into the ships ECDIS system, press a tit and it all happens. The whole lot done in a few minutes. No paper charts no pens or notices to mariners.

Hmmm, there's a nice attack vector right there . . . but I'm sure the whole chain is protected by infallible system-users and mega encryption techniques. Errrm, isn't it?

Bog Snorkelling, welly whanging and I once saw a black pudding hurling (as in throwing, not up) contest.
More pertinent to the quirky Brit thread, though.
Black Pudding-------------Also know as Darkies Walloper-------as sold in Scottish fish and chip shops-----(Fried in batter and sold as "Black pudding supper ")

Less odd support animals and more like very odd people wanting/needing support animals.

I can maybe understand the squirrel, a small soft furry thing, but peacocks are amazingly noisy beasts with ear splitting screams. Talk to anyone who attended the US Naval Postgraduate School in California and they hate peacocks due to the screaming.

When I was 16, I attended a Catholic-run school in the UK. One of my classmates told me and a friend off for reading the horoscopes in a teen magazine as they were "the devil's work".
Youngest Devexette's best friend who she has known since nursery is from a God-bothering family and despite being 20 has still not told her mum that she has defied her and watched the Harry Potter films as they were 'evil and promoted whichcraft'. She actually watched them years ago round ours but we were sworn to silence on pain of a smiting!

I thought David Morrissey did an excellent Southern accent in The Walking Dead, especially after finding out he is Liverpool born and bred. His brother was deputy head (vice principal) of my daughters' high school.
Bloody hell. I have just found out the actor who played Rick Grimes is also English!

Yup, quite a bit of TWD cast are English. I think the death of Rick this season is going to kill the show though.
Shhh. I'm invalided and binge watching. Up to season 5 episode 2. :)