America - its all a bit odd...

Wild video shows Las Vegas police pursuit, shootout with suspects

Yee Haw, watch the Las Vegas PD in action! Granted I don't think shooting through your windshield at a moving vehicle is a great risk to take to the public, while driving........
Absolutely stupid of him-

He's ruining his own field of vision
Most of his shots will not hit the target vehicle and will go into areas occupied by innocent people

He didn't use his left hand to shoot, right to drive
when the target vehicle does finally stop he has to do a reload

Cowboy cop at its worst

Most of his shots will not hit the target vehicle and will go into areas occupied by innocent people

Cowboy cop at its worst
The counter argument to that would be; it isn't stupid if it works!

I would imagine his defence will be that the shots coming from the vehicle and the way it was being driven were a greater threat to the public than him stopping the pursuit by firing while driving.

I would imagine his defence will be that the shots coming from the vehicle and the way it was being driven were a greater threat to the public than him stopping the pursuit by firing while driving.
surely he can just site that "Allyness saves lives" if people get concerned about a threat to the public?

However LE is not supposed to endanger the Public, by doing stupid shit either. That officer managed to do that with flying colors.

However LE is not supposed to endanger the Public, by doing stupid shit either. That officer managed to do that with flying colors.
As I said, his argument is going to be that he did something dangerous, to stop something that was more dangerous. And it worked.

out of curiosity, what's the reaction to this cops actions? heroic defender of the peace or heroically dangerous and incompetent?
Dangerous.
There's plenty of videos available showing how far bullets can diverge from their intended path when fired through windscreens, especially sloping ones.
He was fixated on the stop above all else.

Cowboy cop at its worst
I daresay it's something that has come from playing way too many video games rather than anything learned during firearms or pursuit training.

As I said, his argument is going to be that he did something dangerous, to stop something that was more dangerous. And it worked.
Or did the suspect lose control of his vehicle? Pistols are the hardest weapon to accurately shoot. Off hand out of your window from one moving vehicle at another just seems like a great way to frag a bystander. Shooting through your windshield is dumb. Those rounds are wild, and you are increasing the risk of losing control of your own vehicle.

Note that guy was at point blank when shooting through the windshield in the test. The suspect vehicle was a bit further away.....

Brits have to understand that for quite a lot of people around the world, England = The UK. When they say England, they are referring to the UK as a whole, are not aware that there are separate countries within the UK . I myself was guilty of that for a long time.

Having lived in the US for 30+ years I think I sussed that one out. It still amuses me when I hear the UK referred to as England though.

Well. Off to the States on Saturday - West Coast. Great food, positive can do attitude, cracking scran and a brilliant POTUS:)

Bring it on

Very nice, don't forget the sunscreen and the face masks! Well at least for LA.
Not just LA, they're ugly in the Bay Area too :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mr_C_Hinecap US 7
POGscribbler The NAAFI Bar 78
Ord_Sgt The Intelligence Cell 22