America - its all a bit odd...

You'd rather we used Paul Hogan in full Crocodile Dundee garb backed by black fellas playing digeree-dos? No pleasing some people it seems. :? The alpha dog is always going to get sniped at by the envious beta dogs. :-D I'll bet it didn't make a blessed bit of difference to Mother England either when she was top dog. ;-) The crust of convicts and hobbits complaining..mutter..mutter View attachment 335949
No need to explain to us, tell it to the Kiwis and the Aussies, preferably at a safe distance, ie out of boomerang or spear chucking range!

You'd rather we used Paul Hogan in full Crocodile Dundee garb backed by black fellas playing digeree-dos? No pleasing some people it seems. :? The alpha dog is always going to get sniped at by the envious beta dogs. :-D I'll bet it didn't make a blessed bit of difference to Mother England either when she was top dog. ;-) The crust of convicts and hobbits complaining..mutter..mutter
Well, if you're going to go the whole hog global dominance chauvinism piece, then don't do this afterwards!

“Our sincere apologies. We were given incorrect information,” they wrote.

And as far as getting uppity about convicts: pot, kettle.

'Britain had been shipping convicts to America for decades before they started sending them to Australia. In fact, it was precisely because of America’s fight for independence that the Brits had to start sending their criminals to Australia. But from 1718 until 1775, convict transportation to the American colonies flourished. Some estimates claim that almost 10 percent of migrants to America during this time were British convicts.'

https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/britain-sent-thousands-of-its-convicts-to-america-not-1707458418

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
It would be interesting to know which of the 13 colonies were the most favoured for dumping British convicts.

Ah, Australia, largest island in the New Zealand group! ;)
QUESTION: What does Australia have . . . that New Zealand does NOT have?

ANSWER: Good neighbours!

Meanwhile back on the subject of our unusual colonial allies, one of the more senior (knackered old sh1t) members of the shooting club does occasionally show up wearing his Vietnam Vet base ball cap.
I must admit it's an unusual choice of profession, but it was rather kind of him to fix animals in South East Asia.

Meanwhile back on the subject of our unusual colonial allies, one of the more senior (knackered old sh1t) members of the shooting club does occasionally show up wearing his Vietnam Vet base ball cap.
I must admit it's an unusual choice of profession, but it was rather kind of him to fix animals in South East Asia.
Those poor fuc#kers got hosed. Their treatment was pretty damn shameful.

Neighbours? Kylie Minogh, yes please.
[FURTHER DRIFT]

My own preference from that cultural masterpiece . . . Natalie Imbruglia.

[/FURTHER DRIFT]

[FURTHER DRIFT]

My own preference from that cultural masterpiece . . . Natalie Imbruglia.

[/FURTHER DRIFT]
Excellent!
Can't tell you how many times I've watched that, hoping, praying, that , like Steve Mc Queen trying to jump the fence, that the string on her top would snap...ooo

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mr_C_Hinecap US 7
POGscribbler The NAAFI Bar 78
Ord_Sgt The Intelligence Cell 11