America - its all a bit odd...

Simmerit

War Hero
I’m sorry but

B173A2C2-2536-4C31-BA6D-329D39CBC799.jpeg

45039914-9331-446C-B184-0D5D0E22A0F1.jpeg

What the fook is that all about? Honestly. I mean FFS.

Just about to do an omelette!!

I’m sorry but

View attachment 681607
View attachment 681608

What the fook is that all about? Honestly. I mean FFS.

Just about to do an omelette!!
Actually that's not too bad. Generally a lot thinner than that and, as I've said before (all this has been said before) I got a slice of bacon in a diner in Florida and thought they'd made a mistake and put the paper divider on the grill. Bought another slice to confirm but, nope, that was the same.

Like most American food it's designed to be eaten with the fingers. No way could you cut that with a knife as bits would fly off everywhere.

Just like burgers, ribs, corn dogs, pizzas (yeah, I know it's Italian but only came into favour when the Americans "discovered" it and in Naples the locals were eating their pizzas with a knife and fork).

Actually that's not too bad. Generally a lot thinner than that and, as I've said before (all this has been said before) I got a slice of bacon in a diner in Florida and thought they'd made a mistake and put the paper divider on the grill. Bought another slice to confirm but, nope, that was the same.

Like most American food it's designed to be eaten with the fingers. No way could you cut that with a knife as bits would fly off everywhere.

Just like burgers, ribs, corn dogs, pizzas (yeah, I know it's Italian but only came into favour when the Americans "discovered" it and in Naples the locals were eating their pizzas with a knife and fork).

If you really think that most American food is designed to be eaten with the fingers, then you should perhaps stop eating at the Chuck E Cheese level and go to some more mainstream restaurants.

I assure you that most American food is designed to be eaten with knife and fork, though differently than the European custom, granted. Have you ever seen the movie “The Founder”, about how Ray Kroc effectively swindled the McDonald brothers out of their business and built the empire? When he first visits their hamburger stand, he is shocked to be given his food, but no utensils to eat it with.

I see Biden has signed of Trump’s wall!
What does this exactly mean? :? Do you mean to say that Shitty Joe has (finally) realized there is a problem with the southern border and has signed off on Trump's wall in the sense that he is now going to (resume) building it to stop (or at least slow) the overwhelming mass of illegals crossing our southern border? Or do you mean that he has signed off on it in the sense that he wishes the issue would go away as he doesn't want to deal with it anymore.? His asshole VP Harris went down and waved a naughty finger in the faces of the delegates at the meeting of the Pan-American states, but that did no good.

Simmerit

War Hero
What does this exactly mean? :? Do you mean to say that Shitty Joe has (finally) realized there is a problem with the southern border and has signed off on Trump's wall in the sense that he is now going to (resume) building it to stop (or at least slow) the overwhelming mass of illegals crossing our southern border? Or do you mean that he has signed off on it in the sense that he wishes the issue would go away as he doesn't want to deal with it anymore.? His asshole VP Harris went down and waved a naughty finger in the faces of the delegates at the meeting of the Pan-American states, but that did no good.

I believe the bus loads of immigrants sent from Texas to New York and DC have not gone down too well

I believe the bus loads of immigrants sent from Texas to New York and DC have not gone down too well
Yes, I had heard that the governor of Texas was shipping them up to DC (at state expense?) as fast as they were released by ICE in his state to let the Blue Staters deal with them and their problems. Maybe it has finally penetrated that senile old fockers's brain that there is a problem that he must do something about.

I believe the sentiment was along the lines of ‘you like ‘em so much, here you go - have some of ours’.

I wish we would do that with our arrivals and send them to Jockland.

I know I shouldn’t be surprised by this, but I am. These “Sanctuary cities” have a policy of “limiting cooperation with Federal ICE authorities”.

Perhaps the Federal government should have a policy of limiting cooperation with these uncooperative cities in terms of federal funds disbursement. Why the ACTUAL FVCK is the federal government giving my tax dollars to the enemy within?

When it was my turn to immigrate, I did it legally, and expensively. Why are these people being allowed to stick the middle finger to the law, AND being assisted to do so by authorities?

I hope their economies collapse.

I know I shouldn’t be surprised by this, but I am. These “Sanctuary cities” have a policy of “limiting cooperation with Federal ICE authorities”.

Perhaps the Federal government should have a policy of limiting cooperation with these uncooperative cities in terms of federal funds disbursement. Why the ACTUAL FVCK is the federal government giving my tax dollars to the enemy within?

When it was my turn to immigrate, I did it legally, and expensively. Why are these people being allowed to stick the middle finger to the law, AND being assisted to do so by authorities?

I'm with you, matey. I'm not against legal immigration, but the flood has to be stopped or slowed. And "Sanctuary Cities", what is that nonsense about? If certain cities don't cooperate with the Fed authority to enforce the law of the land, then they deserve to fail. Be on you way then. You don't need my tax dollars to prop up the illegals you are harboring in defiance of the Federal Law. Get the money you need to support these people by raising taxes among your own citizens; it doesn't concern me.

Our current Federal government is the enemy within.

I'm with you, matey. I'm not against legal immigration, but the flood has to be stopped or slowed. And "Sanctuary Cities", what is that nonsense about? If certain cities don't cooperate with the Fed authority to enforce the law of the land, then they deserve to fail. Be on you way then. You don't need my tax dollars to prop up the illegals you are harboring in defiance of the Federal Law. Get the money you need to support these people by raising taxes among your own citizens; it doesn't concern me.
Put on your breechclout and warpaint and start a "get off my land" movement.
Seriously, why are the original inhabitants being put behind the wetbacks?

TamH70

MIA
Put on your breechclout and warpaint and start a "get off my land" movement.
Seriously, why are the original inhabitants being put behind the wetbacks?

Mainly because the Great Project of the Founding Fathers of America was the complete eradication of the indigenous people. They came pretty close, especially after they realised just how much a resource piggy-bank the place actually was. Remember what some indigenous tribes call George Washington - "Conotocaurius" or "Town Burner".

Garminalpha84

On ROPS
On ROPs
Mainly because the Great Project of the Founding Fathers of America was the complete eradication of the indigenous people. They came pretty close, especially after they realised just how much a resource piggy-bank the place actually was. Remember what some indigenous tribes call George Washington - "Conotocaurius" or "Town Burner".
Who was it that gave smallpox infected blankets to the Indians?

TamH70

MIA
Who was it that gave smallpox infected blankets to the Indians?

Us, probably. But they'd already got it from the Spanish when they came over in the Fifteenth Century.

A (now former, due to massive anti-vax bellwhiffery) friend of mine went over to the US (LA) on a tourist visa and started working for a University; cash in hand.

After a few months her visa expired and she stayed.

She then married a gay bloke to get a green card; once she had this she divorced hom* and is now legitimately married to an American bloke with a kid and one on the way.

My wife, American by birth and British by the grace of God naturalisation (the legal/hard way) hates her with a passion; and that was before she went all anti-vax.

It's remarkable how easy it seems - but there again each state is like a mini country - and seem to do their own thing.

*not sure of the specifics/timing, but she's def got a green card now.

Mbongwe

War Hero
A (now former, due to massive anti-vax bellwhiffery) friend of mine went over to the US (LA) on a tourist visa and started working for a University; cash in hand.

After a few months her visa expired and she stayed.

She then married a gay bloke to get a green card; once she had this she divorced hom* and is now legitimately married to an American bloke with a kid and one on the way.

My wife, American by birth and British by the grace of God naturalisation (the legal/hard way) hates her with a passion; and that was before she went all anti-vax.

It's remarkable how easy it seems - but there again each state is like a mini country - and seem to do their own thing.

*not sure of the specifics/timing, but she's def got a green card now.
Wow, a university paid a tourist cash in hand? I remember being advised against taking my CV ("resumee") to the US in case it breached my tourist visa...

Wow, a university paid a tourist cash in hand? I remember being advised against taking my CV ("resumee") to the US in case it breached my tourist visa...
Yeah I can't remember the exact details but it was just being set up by an obscenely rich dude.
It was a "I'll pay cash directly to your bank account and you'll declare it on your taxes, yeah?" "Of course" - because he didn't have any payroll or anything set up.