America - its all a bit odd...

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
For an uninvolved observer from across The Pond, this is quite intriguing:

Source

Caterpillar and Citadel, which in June announced their exit out of Illinois, are only the latest firms to leave high-tax, high-regulation states. Tesla, Hewlett Packard, Oracle, and Remington are also among the hundreds of companies flocking out of California, Illinois, New York, and New Jersey to business-friendly places like Texas, Florida, Arizona, and Tennessee.

Relocating companies have spanned industries including tech, finance, media, heavy manufacturing, autos, and firearms.

“There is a great migration going on, and I expect it to accelerate,” Glen Hamer, president of the Texas Association of Business, told The Epoch Times. “When the Caterpillars and the Elon Musks relocate, it’s an advertisement to the entire country and the entire world that something positive is going on in that state. And there is a multiplier effect.”

According to a 2022 survey of 700 CEOs, the top states for business were Texas, Florida, Tennessee, Arizona, and North Carolina. The worst were California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, and Washington.

Even companies like Apple, which did not move its headquarters to Texas, chose to establish its second-largest campus for employees there. Amazon selected Houston as one of its prime hubs. Ford, Volkswagen, and Nissan chose Tennessee as the location for major new manufacturing facilities.

And in some cases, entire industries like firearms, which are being targeted by legislation and lawsuits in blue states, are moving south.

----------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------- -------------------

It appears ' The South Has Risen Again ' :-D
Adios cold Northern winters.....pass me the sweet tea !

Politically it will be interesting to see how - if at all - these changes will alter eg the Texan political landscape.....

Tennessee has come a long way since the Depression.....

Last edited:
For an uninvolved observer from across The Pond, this is quite intriguing:

Caterpillar and Citadel, which in June announced their exit out of Illinois, are only the latest firms to leave high-tax, high-regulation states. Tesla, Hewlett Packard, Oracle, and Remington are also among the hundreds of companies flocking out of California, Illinois, New York, and New Jersey to business-friendly places like Texas, Florida, Arizona, and Tennessee. Relocating companies have spanned industries including tech, finance, media, heavy manufacturing, autos, and firearms.

“There is a great migration going on, and I expect it to accelerate,” Glen Hamer, president of the Texas Association of Business, told The Epoch Times. “When the Caterpillars and the Elon Musks relocate, it’s an advertisement to the entire country and the entire world that something positive is going on in that state. And there is a multiplier effect.”

According to a 2022 survey of 700 CEOs, the top states for business were Texas, Florida, Tennessee, Arizona, and North Carolina. The worst were California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, and Washington.

Even companies like Apple, which did not move its headquarters to Texas, chose to establish its second-largest campus for employees there. Amazon selected Houston as one of its prime hubs. Ford, Volkswagen, and Nissan chose Tennessee as the location for major new manufacturing facilities. And in some cases, entire industries like firearms, which are being targeted by legislation and lawsuits in blue states, are moving south.

----------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------- -------------------

It appears ' The South Has Risen Again ' :-D

Adios cold Northern winters -we'all fer Dixie naow!
The dark blue states are making themselves rather uncompetitive at an alarming rate. The Red States are attracting industry to come and set up shop. Eventually making certain states irrelevant.

Typical of the Grauniad not to call that mob for the bunch of violent Communist scumbags that they are. A guy shoots dead four California cops? Not a flicker. They could not give a shit. California cops ventilate the shitbag? Riot and disorder. Violent Black felons Lives Matter, after all.

That said, using a commercial-grade flamethrower against their flag is more than a bit stupid. I just hope that the cops get him and that he faces justice.

Do the police sell off confiscated flame flammenwerfer cheap/at auction?
Asking for a friend, natch.

TamH70

MIA
The dark blue states are making themselves rather uncompetitive at an alarming rate. The Red States are attracting industry to come and set up shop. Eventually making certain states irrelevant.

You'll just have to hope that the halfwits who voted to destroy their jobs in those blue states don't tag along and shit in their nests in their new red state homes by doing the same thing.

You'll just have to hope that the halfwits who voted to destroy their jobs in those blue states don't tag along and shit in their nests in their new red state homes by doing the same thing.
They don’t like conservative values, it offends them. It’s unlivable for the poor souls.
Two genders, the Constitution, Old Glory is revered, no safe spaces. The fact that they are told to pound sand by the natives. It’s to much for the woke.

3 cops and a K9 dog killed in Kentucky, by a guy who was wanted on a wife beating charge.

I sincerely hope the state of his face was the result of the application of a fvcking good kicking by the arresting officers.

ap22182636744278-05c94ff51dd646ffd926bb3d97961f4d79d0a481-s1600-c85.webp

The aggravating factors making murder, kidnapping, or armed robbery punishable by death are the following:

1. The murder or kidnapping was committed by a person with a prior record of conviction for a capital offense, or the offense of murder was committed by a person who has a substantial history of serious assaultive criminal convictions;
  2. The murder was committed while the offender was engaged in the commission of arson in the first degree, robbery in the first degree, burglary in the first degree, rape in the first degree, or sodomy in the first degree;
  3. The murderer, or the offender committed kidnapping or armed robbery knowingly created a great risk of death to more than one person in a public place by means of a weapon of mass destruction, weapon, or other device which would normally be hazardous to the lives of more than one person;
  4. The offender committed the offense of murder for himself or another, for the purpose of receiving money or any other thing of monetary value, or for other profit;
  5. The murder was committed by a person who was a prisoner and the victim was a prison employee engaged at the time of the act in the performance of his duties;
  6. The offender's act or acts of killing were intentional and resulted in multiple deaths;
  7. The offender's act of killing was intentional and the victim was a state or local public official or police officer, sheriff, or deputy sheriff engaged at the time of the act in the lawful performance of his duties;
  8. The offender murdered the victim when an emergency protective order or a domestic violence order was in effect, or when any other order designed to protect the victim from the offender, such as an order issued as a condition of a bond, conditional release, probation, parole, or pretrial diversion, was in effect.

Happy Freedom Day, my overseas cousins.

When we were in Boston 2 weeks ago, my Frau threw the contents of a teabag* into the Harbour (honestly, she did - I even have video).

Unfortunately, due to prevalent winds, it blew back in her face - which, given the current (and preceeding) administration, seems appropriate.

*Liptons, so barely qualifies as Tea. You'd get a nicer flavour dredging up what's left of the original tea party in the harbour.

Obligatory shite meme:

IMG-20220704-WA0000.jpg

Another black man oppressed

Happy Freedom Day, my overseas cousins.

When we were in Boston 2 weeks ago, my Frau threw the contents of a teabag* into the Harbour (honestly, she did - I even have video).

Unfortunately, due to prevalent winds, it blew back in her face - which, given the current (and preceeding) administration, seems appropriate.

*Liptons, so barely qualifies as Tea. You'd get a nicer flavour dredging up what's left of the original tea party in the harbour.

Obligatory shite meme:

View attachment 675040
1656952825369.jpeg

Latest Threads