America - its all a bit odd...

You can buy beer at the LCBO, but not liquor at the beer store. Weird places beer stores.

I went to New York once. Fantastic place.

But. The licencing laws were a bit of an oddity.

There was a great liquor store near the hotel, which I frequently visited.

I went in there on a Sunday to buy a bottle of whisky.

Conversation went pretty much like this:

Me: "Could I have a bottle of that whisky please"
Shopkeeper: "Sorry sir. You can't buy liquor on a Sunday"
Me: "I thought NY was the city that never sleeps and you can get anything, anytime, anywhere"
Shopkeeper: "It is sir, apart from liquor on a Sunday. You can buy wine and beer though"
Me: "Great. I will have two bottles of that Pinot Noir and a six pack of that beer then"

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
Paging Sam the Bam.

It's hilarious to see these RWNJs are being painted as LARPers in the alternative universe. I actually had to look it up 'Live Action Role Play" is apparently a thing. I don't think purchasing tens of thousands of dollars worth of firearms and ammunition on the way to the capital, setting up weapon caches around DC and establishing "QRF"s is quite what most military COSPLAY fantasists are up to in their spare time.

The leader of this erstwhile group (Meal Team 6) wears an eye patch because while acting as a weapons instructor, he dropped a handgun which discharged and shot him in the eye - that has to be the funniest fu(king thing I have read in a long time, it transcends irony.

Paging Sam the Bam.

So that is one out of how many? You will also notice that the article states "the Jan. 6 docket to face the exceedingly rare charge, which carries the possibility of decades imprisonment."

Still I'm happy for you that someone has finally been charged with this, it must give you a nice warm feeling.

ETA that while Rhodes was in D.C. at the time, he never actually entered the building. Also sedition is a very hard charge to prove. The last time federal prosecutors brought a sedition case was in 2010, when they accused members of a Michigan militia of plotting to provoke an armed conflict with the government.

They were ultimately acquitted.

Last edited:
It's hilarious to see these RWNJs are being painted as LARPers in the alternative universe. I actually had to look it up 'Live Action Role Play" is apparently a thing. I don't think purchasing tens of thousands of dollars worth of firearms and ammunition on the way to the capital, setting up weapon caches around DC and establishing "QRF"s is quite what most military COSPLAY fantasists are up to in their spare time.

The leader of this erstwhile group (Meal Team 6) wears an eye patch because while acting as a weapons instructor, he dropped a handgun which discharged and shot him in the eye - that has to be the funniest fu(king thing I have read in a long time, it transcends irony.
As was mentioned earlier Biden and company are getting desperate. But it will not be funny when the shoe is on the other foot and he is impeached for treason.

Last edited:
As was mentioned earlier Biden and company are getting desperate. But it will not funny when the show is on the other foot and he is impeached for treason.

For what possible reason can there be for charging president Biden with treason? I believe that to be fantasy mate. In fact I have another $50 here that says that it will never happen.

So that is one out of how many? You will also notice that the article states "the Jan. 6 docket to face the exceedingly rare charge, which carries the possibility of decades imprisonment."

Still I'm happy for you that someone has finally been charged with this, it must give you a nice warm feeling. :-o
The Dear Leader of the BlacKKKshorts plus 10 of his equally treacherous cronies.

I'm glad you are pleased for me.
That crow you are eating must be delicious.

For what possible reason can there be for charging president Biden with treason? I believe that to be fantasy mate. In fact I have another $50 here that says that it will never happen.
Afghanistan, the border, undermining the Constitution. The sky it he limit and impeachment is a political process that will the majority in the House will control. 23 and beyond are going to be pretty rough for old Joe.

Afghanistan, the border, undermining the Constitution. The sky it he limit and impeachment is a political process that will the majority in the House will control. 23 and beyond are going to be pretty rough for old Joe.

Fine if you reckon that's the case then take the bet.

The Dear Leader of the BlacKKKshorts plus 10 of his equally treacherous cronies.

I'm glad you are pleased for me.
That crow you are eating must be delicious.

Well actually the crow is not even present because he isn't being charged with anything that happen on that day. he is being charged for sedition before and after the event. he didn't actually do anything while in D.C.

Well actually the crow is not even present because he isn't being charged with anything that happen on that day. he is being charged for sedition before and after the event. he didn't actually do anything while in D.C.
What about his cohorts in the tactical stack who did?
D'you want ketchup or BBQ with that crow?

What about his cohorts in the tactical stack who did?
D'you want ketchup or BBQ with that crow?

And those that did go inside the building didn't do anything that could be called seditious under US law and weren't charged as such. I believe your crowing rather early Hector. As I said above, sedition is very hard to prove.

The Feds had plenty of what they called evidence when they went after the Michigan Militia nutters, that case fell apart and they all walked free so we'll see.

Better make it BBQ sauce mate, I'm not keen on ketchup. :grin:

And those that did go inside the building didn't do anything that could be called seditious under US law and weren't charged as such. I believe your crowing rather early Hector. As I said above, sedition is very hard to prove.

The Feds had plenty of what they called evidence when they went after the Michigan Militia nutters, that case fell apart and they all walked free so we'll see.

Better make it BBQ sauce mate, I'm not keen on ketchup. :grin:
Suck it up snowflake.
You were the one who said there had been no sedition charges. Now there have been.

The butt hurt is strong in this one.

Suck it up snowflake.
You were the one who said there had been no sedition charges. Now there have been.

The butt hurt is strong in this one.

I said there were no sedition charges and I was indeed correct as there hadn't been up to this point. Horace, Rhodes has been accused of seditious conspiracy, a charge very hard to prove. If he is found guilty of the charge then he deserves all he gets.

Understand something here Horace, you were the one shouting about treason and sedition when it all kicked off last year. I merely pointed out to you that what you think or believe has no bearing on US Federal law.

Far from condoning these nutters, I prefer to wait until charges are laid before commenting on any charges that anyone thinks should be laid. By the same token I'm also not going to listen to the ramblings of someone who lives thousands of miles away with I'd say not much knowledge of Federal law.

Rhodes hasn't had his day in court yet mate so I wouldn't get too smug yet if I were you. We all saw your opinion during the Rittenhouse case and trial mate, the jury disagreed with you on that one as well.

I said there were no sedition charges and I was indeed correct as there hadn't been up to this point. Horace, Rhodes has been accused of seditious conspiracy, a charge very hard to prove. If he is found guilty of the charge then he deserves all he gets.

Understand something here Horace, you were the one shouting about treason and sedition when it all kicked off last year. I merely pointed out to you that what you think or believe has no bearing on US Federal law.

Far from condoning these nutters, I prefer to wait until charges are laid before commenting on any charges that anyone thinks should be laid. By the same token I'm also not going to listen to the ramblings of someone who lives thousands of miles away with I'd say not much knowledge of Federal law.

Rhodes hasn't had his day in court yet mate so I wouldn't get too smug yet if I were you. We all saw your opinion during the Rittenhouse case and trial mate, the jury disagreed with you on that one as well.
It only appears to be a malicious prosecution with a highly politicized DOJ trying to take the spotlight off the negative news concerning the Biden admin.

It only appears to be a malicious prosecution with a highly politicized DOJ trying to take the spotlight off the negative news concerning the Biden admin.

Could be you're right. By the same token the Feds have been going after Rhodes and his nutty band of people for some time now. Locking the twat up will be no great loss to society.

Could be you're right. By the same token the Feds have been going after Rhodes and his nutty band of people for some time now. Locking the twat up will be no great loss to society.
Maybe, but in a bigly politicized environment about 1-6-2021, he might also be the poster child for progressive government run amok. The timing of the charges does seem to fit with the Pearl Harbor/ 11-9 Spiel last week. Democrats are looking for somebody to crucify and that has not gone unnoticed. In this environment if you don’t see eye to eye with one party you are an enemy to be crushed.

That's because LCBO stands for Liquor Control Board of Ontario. Beer is sold at The Beer Store.

Shocking prices, first time I went to Canada, I couldn't believe they had a monopoly on alcohol, and as far as I remember, you couldn't even buy wine or beer in the supermarket at the time.

First day in Ottawa, was a 30 mile round trip to a beer store on the French side of the river, to get enough beer to last a fortnight.

Latest Threads