America - its all a bit odd...

I showed her the photo and told her the name and she went and had a look. Nope, 5 foot bed, she likes it but doesn't want it.

JHC I've just looked at the prices of the Wranglers because this what I reckon she's looking at. There's been a couple of times I've heard her comment on them in the past few months. Thing is mate, she was the one that made the big money, she's earned it.
Aah, Yep ... what's the saying "Happy Wife, ..."? As long as it's "her decision", eh!

Aah, Yep ... what's the saying "Happy Wife, ..."? As long as it's "her decision", eh!
Happy wife, Happy life blah, blah, blah. It is true to a point, but it also works both ways. The wife is happy until the dogs she brings home are put in her vehicle gets a bit gross when conducting daily business. Or God Forbid smells funky when the Tilapia manages to slip under the emergency blanket for a few days…

I am not very impressed with GMC. I prefer RAM and Jeep, and the next vehicle the wife gets will be a Jeep. But this is not a buyers market and need her POS to last at least two more years.

Had a Jeep in Burundi. Piece of shit. They seem popular with the upper echelon of the ruling demographic in SA but utterly useless outside the suburbs. Bastard thing eventually siezed the gearbox solid in the driveway of the house I lived in there and had to be dragged out and towed away.

Land cruiser is the way to go in tough environments. See them all over the crappier bits of Africa. Quite a few in SA sport a bumper sticker saying 'Land Rover Recovery Vehicle'.

They are not cheap here either, especially with the inventory of new vehicles being non existent. Does Jeep make left hand drive vehicles for you lot?

You could probably fit my car in the back seat of that ;-)

View attachment 620982
Panda 4x4 are ace. I haven't been skiing for years, but they were apparently the vehicle of choice in Alpine villages. If just needed a 4x4, and didn’t need to transport so many children or tow cattle trailers, I would choose from the Holy Trinity of a Fiat Panda, Subaru Justy (should you find one), or Suzuki Jimney.

Not to be outdone Lauren Boebert has issued her Christmas card now. Say what you like but can your kids demonstrate such good trigger discipline?

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 08.41.50.png

And naturally the Internet has responded......

FGEVy9dUcAEjfxI.jpg

Last edited:

Niamac

GCM
My Volvo laughed at snow too. Decent tyres.

ETA: and knowing how to drive on the stuff.
I had my wheels changed to winter ones yesterday. Now it will be rain 'til the end of March.

Had a Jeep in Burundi. Piece of shit. They seem popular with the upper echelon of the ruling demographic in SA but utterly useless outside the suburbs. Bastard thing eventually siezed the gearbox solid in the driveway of the house I lived in there and had to be dragged out and towed away.

Land cruiser is the way to go in tough environments. See them all over the crappier bits of Africa. Quite a few in SA sport a bumper sticker saying 'Land Rover Recovery Vehicle'.
Wrong brand out here, Toyota is for yuppies.
Ram will have better towing capacity. How do the Landies function in your bit of the world?

Bordon/hants

Old-Salt
Panda 4x4 are ace. I haven't been skiing for years, but they were apparently the vehicle of choice in Alpine villages. If just needed a 4x4, and didn’t need to transport so many children or tow cattle trailers, I would choose from the Holy Trinity of a Fiat Panda, Subaru Justy (should you find one), or Suzuki Jimney.
Chuck the 3.0 litre VDC Outback in as well to that list , brilliant tool!

endure

GCM

Wrong brand out here, Toyota is for yuppies.
Ram will have better towing capacity. How do the Landies function in your bit of the world?

Not well. Out here Jeep is for the entitled who never leave the suburbs. Land Rover falls into the same bracket. They don't survive well in this environment.

Not well. Out here Jeep is for the entitled who never leave the suburbs. Land Rover falls into the same bracket. They don't survive well in this environment.
Same here in Canada, majority of Jeeps manufactured after the 90’s are owned by city dwellers, mostly the old CJ’s and like are what you see rurally still in use.

Don't know if it's branding or after market stick ons, but a lot of the Jeep stuff here has a sherrif's star decal with a rufty tufty helmeted soldier in it applied to the doors. Not sure what point they're trying to make apart from looking like throbbing frenulums.

On the subject of Jeeps, there’s a model in the UK called a Renegade, which ranks quite highly as the worst car I have ever driven. Does that even exist in the US?

Latest Threads