America - its all a bit odd...

Here in NYC we had a ship ground off the rockaways filled with illegal Chinese swarming ashore

I single incident, in 1993; so 28 years ago. I suspect the Latin American 'migrant caravans' are rather closer in most people's memory.

I single incident, in 1993; so 28 years ago. I suspect the Latin American 'migrant caravans' are rather closer in most people's memory.
1 single incident caught, come to NYC and you will be among a plethora of Illegal Chinese, clouseau

Anyone seen the new gun dog yet, the yanks really have gone and done it now turning Robocop into Robodog

The four-legged robot is capable of shooting 6.5 millimeter Creedmoor cartridges, so you have 15 seconds to comply....

Yet another tragic accident with unsecured guns. You'd think the idea would get around to not leave guns unattended with kids in the house.

Another stat in the CDC's leading cause of death among Black males ages 1-44

Im shocked, shocked

veondre.JPG

Anyone seen the new gun dog yet, the yanks really have gone and done it now turning Robocop into Robodog

The four-legged robot is capable of shooting 6.5 millimeter Creedmoor cartridges, so you have 15 seconds to comply....

Look up EATR.....

That one really does look like an aspiring rapper, albeit one that's at least 30 years too late
He aint dead yet, is he? He looks like he's wearing the jolly jailhouse jumper ensemble already? :?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They could be twins! :p :mrgreen: :lol:

K-9 with defense weapon deployed.jpg
Robot dog Sniper.JPG

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
'Murica's finest, desperate to represent the population's best interest by becoming a member of the government.:oops:

'A Republican state legislative candidate in Virginia is being mocked on Twitter for suggesting an unscientific potential solution to rising sea levels.

“I’m curious, do you think the sea level would lower, if we just took all the boats out of the water? Just a thought, not a statement," said Scott Pio, as he shared an image of the Pacific Ocean swarming with thousands of boats.'

Man's an idiot - what he needs to FOCUS on like a laser, is the massive weight of the Atlantic walrus population.

Once they are all rendered down for soap we can expect an immediate reduction in sea-level by an estimated 0.32461 inches per square acre, in the North Atlantic alone.

Walrus counting from space: How many tusked beasts do you see?

( oh come ON people ? Did you REALLY think space borne satellite imagery was being used to simply count these behemoths? Wake up and smell the soused herring already.... :-D )

A new phrase has entered the political discourse - The Great Resignation. It would appear that one of the consequences of the pandemic is that people are unwilling to work in low paying jobs with poor conditions. Add to this the 1.5 million who retired early and you have the makings of labor problems for service industries such as restaurants.

The Great Resignation - Why Millions of Workers are Quitting

Great Resignation - Wikipedia
Can't say I'm surprised, when I hear about employment conditions in the US - no holidays, poor pay, at whim sacking and healthcare blackmail - I'm surprised anyone puts up with it. When people are working two "nearly full time (got to avoid those healthcare obligations) jobs just to get by for 51.5 weeks of the year they're going to get sick of it at some point.

Can't say I'm surprised, when I hear about employment conditions in the US - no holidays, poor pay, at whim sacking and healthcare blackmail - I'm surprised anyone puts up with it. When people are working two "nearly full time (got to avoid those healthcare obligations) jobs just to get by for 51.5 weeks of the year they're going to get sick of it at some point.

Known in The Land of The Free as 'at will': that is, both employer and employee are not obligated to offer a notice period prior to separation.

Woman has a couple of close Murrcan friends who both live in 'at will' states. During Covid lockdowns, both were in danger of passing coping bricks that their respective employers would 'let them go'.

Having said that, very few states are now wholly 'At will' states: Federal and State laws now offer some measure of protection from 'at will' terminations.

Latest Threads