America - its all a bit odd...

General Mark Miley alerted Chinese Military that he would warn them of a possible attack by the USA

Retired Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a former member of the National Security Council, tweeted that if the calls were made, Milley “usurped civilian authority, broke Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military.

“It’s an extremely dangerous precedent. You can’t simply walk away from that,”
added Vindman, who concluded his post by adding a hashtag to the phrase “do the right thing in the right way.”

milley.JPG

Last edited:
Ethics complaint has been filed against her.

Thomas Jones, founder of the American Accountability Foundation, wrote in an ethics complaint that he believes Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), who represents parts of the Bronx and Queens, broke House rules by accepting “an
impermissible gift” of free tickets to attend the annual gala, which also was attended by fellow New York Democratic Rep. Carolyn Maloney.

Although House rules allow members to accept free tickets to charity events directly from event organizers, Jones argues that the Met Gala doesn’t count because the guest list is curated by a private company, media giant Condé Nast.

Elected officials of both parties have been going to the gala for years with no issues. This is not an investigation by the House, but rather a complaint by an activist, and won’t go far. It’s just the state of politics for both parties in America nowadays - constant guerrilla warfare, with complaints and lawsuits designed to fill the news cycle.

General Mark Miley alerted Chinese Military that he would warn them of a possible attack by the USA

Retired Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a former member of the National Security Council, tweeted that if the calls were made, Milley “usurped civilian authority, broke Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military.

“It’s an extremely dangerous precedent. You can’t simply walk away from that,”
added Vindman, who concluded his post by adding a hashtag to the phrase “do the right thing in the right way.”

I have to agree with Vindman on this. I think Miley did what he had to do but it sets a bad precedent. He was certainly in a bad spot - let’s not forget that numerous Trump advisors were calling for the declaration of martial law and having the military seize the voting machines.

I have to agree with Vindman on this. I think Miley did what he had to do but it sets a bad precedent. He was certainly in a bad spot - let’s not forget that numerous Trump advisors were calling for the declaration of martial law and having the military seize the voting machines.
Has nothing to do with warning Chicoms of a US attack which directly would cause US fatalities.

“We are not going to attack or conduct any kinetic operations against you,” vowed Milley, who added that if Trump did order an attack against China, “I’m going to call you ahead of time. It’s not going to be a surprise.”

The Mother phucker should be hanged for treason

By the way for all the mewling about trump the warmonger he did not get US forces into a war, the first time since Jimmy Carter was POTUS

Has nothing to do with warning Chicoms of a US attack which directly would cause US fatalities.

“We are not going to attack or conduct any kinetic operations against you,” vowed Milley, who added that if Trump did order an attack against China, “I’m going to call you ahead of time. It’s not going to be a surprise.”

The Mother phucker should be hanged for treason

By the way for all the mewling about trump the warmonger he did not get US forces into a war, the first time since Jimmy Carter was POTUS
This is in the context of concerns that Trump would deliberately start a conflict in an effort to stay in power. In which case, Milley did the correct thing.

This is in the context of concerns that Trump would deliberately start a conflict in an effort to stay in power. In which case, Milley did the correct thing.
Yet trump didnt start ANY wars while in office. Miley did the same thing as MacArthur did- Disobeyed civilian authority and should be dismissed with prejudice for the same reasons. Trump gave no illegal orders to start a war.

If you didnt have a phobia about trump you might comprehend that

But do you think this is worthy of an Article 39 hearing?

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
Elected officials of both parties have been going to the gala for years with no issues. This is not an investigation by the House, but rather a complaint by an activist, and won’t go far. It’s just the state of politics for both parties in America nowadays - constant guerrilla warfare, with complaints and lawsuits designed to fill the news cycle.

AOC will surely have to declare bankruptcy if she is ever made to pay rent for all the heads she currently lives in - including many on here who couldn't even spell Congressional District 14, let alone understand what it is. Quite an impressive achievement for a barmaid. One of my UK former colleagues often regales me with tales of what a terrible person she is, even though he's never got past voting for members of Fleet District Council. I'm always curious who feeds his rage - and then I come here...

Yet trump didnt start ANY wars while in office. Miley did the same thing as MacArthur did- Disobeyed civilian authority and should be dismissed with prejudice for the same reasons. Trump gave no illegal orders to start a war.

If you didnt have a phobia about trump you might comprehend that
There was widespread concern in the government about Trump’s efforts to overturn a legitimate election, and the concern Milley had needs to be looked at in that context. There were people close to Trump pushing hard for martial law, and in such an environment, calming the Chinese was wise.

Yes, Trump did keep his promise about no new wars, for which I commend him. But that was in the context of regular governance, not in the context of overturning an election. The Trump appointees at the Pentagon were very concerned about Trump’s actions and took action to protect our democracy.

Last edited:
AOC will surely have to declare bankruptcy if she is ever made to pay rent for all the heads she currently lives in - including many on here who couldn't even spell Congressional District 14, let alone understand what it is. Quite an impressive achievement for a barmaid. One of my UK former colleagues often regales me with tales of what a terrible person she is, even though he's never got past voting for members of Fleet District Council. I'm always curious who feeds his rage - and then I come here...
She has apartments in NYC and DC. She earns $174,000 so she can easily afford it.

Odd? Canada too it seems.

Lot of guys on here would vote for these people
Stick it on the Things Canadian thread, that’s why it’s there.

I watched my local PPC candidate during the online debates, pretty sad and would likely make a good pr boy for the Klan, they need to bring back the Rhino party...

Last edited:
Stick it on the Things Canadian thread, that’s why it’s there.

I watched my local PPC candidate during the online debates, pretty sad and would likely be make a good pr boy for the Klan, they need to bring back the Rhino party...
Are they another bunch of parochial and anti-science halfwits by any chance? It depresses me that Asimov's comment about people believing their ignorance trumps other's knowledge has got more rather than less true.

Are they another bunch of parochial and anti-science halfwits by any chance? It depresses me that Asimov's comment about people believing their ignorance trumps other's knowledge has got more rather than less true.
If you want a detailed discussion, as HLD_DMR said take it over to the Canadian thread instead of hijacking this one. The short version though is that the leader of the PPC is an opportunist who is looking for any passing bandwagon to relaunch his political career, while most of his followers are marginalized nutters who use his party as a mirror to see whatever it is they want to see and the pandemic and Facebook have brought them out of the woodwork. They're anything and everything whose only thing in common is that none of the mainstream parties will have them.

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt

Fixed a couple of typos for you:

Hunter Pepper, a 19-year-old council member mouthbreather who vowed to “fight to the end” against a mask mandate in Decatur, Alabama, revealed he’s been hospitalized with shallow breathing thinking.

Karma much - it's farking hilarious...

Hunter Pepper, a 19-year-old council member mouthbreather who vowed to “fight to the end” against a mask mandate in Decatur, Alabama, revealed he’s been hospitalized with shallow breathing thinking.

And fully vaccinated people have died of Covid.

offog

LE

Looks like he will get his request and fight to the end which may come sooner than he thought.

offog

LE
And fully vaccinated people have died of Covid.
Well when you consider that 55,000 have died since January and only 59 of those have been double vaccinated and didn't have an underlying health problem the odds are in the favour of the double vaccinated.

Latest Threads