America - its all a bit odd...

I don't follow the Olympics except for the swimming events and the track. What is Wendy Ball? Is that the same thing as what I know as soccer?

Yes. It is a disparaging name for English football/soccer.

Based on the male professional players being a bunch of big girl's blouses and total primadonnas.

In reality based on peoples jealousy and spiteful envy of young men who earn shedloads of cash, shag loads of supermodels, drive Aston Martins and Bentleys and generally live high on the hog.

(I guess the female players are entitled to big girls blouses.)

Based on the male professional players being a bunch of big girl's blouses and total primadonnas.

In reality based on peoples jealousy and spiteful envy of young men who earn shedloads of cash, shag loads of supermodels, drive Aston Martins and Bentleys and generally live high on the hog.

Speaking of which it's time for a shameless plug for this seasons league that starts Friday the 13th August.
0_premier-league-ball.jpg

And yet every day I work in NYC I see EMT Ambulances called for junkies who pass out by Penn Station and I know that bill isnt getting paid. Not to mention responding NYPD, FDNY wasting their time for this vermin. In the winter months they do it to get free 48 hours in hospital and hot food, warm bed and the taxpayer pays.

I don't invent this stuff GB. What I posted comes from US news sources, not my fertile imagination.

What you quote may well be because NY has a well organised and funded EMS department under the FDNY.

Elsewhere in the US things are slightly different. There seem to be significant problems right across the US with EMS provision. Again, I haven't invented these problems. They are detailed in the Journal of Emergency Medical Services, NIH etc.

I thought so, but I didn't want to make an ass of myself The Go Woke brigade of women on the soccer team seem more interested in pushing their social justice bullshit narrative instead of playing the best ball they know how; as a consequence, they lost to Canada and are no longer in contention for the gold medal. I hope they lose more games and don't get a medal at this Olympics at all. The Yankee Kneelers..
Idiot Kneels (and get her ass handed  to her as Japan beat her team 3 to 0.jpg

bentobox

Old-Salt
Part 2.

The front rooms overlooking the lake.

We installed a 2nd toilet and a closet in a small room back left of this pic.
We also removed the old shitty door, redid the wall and installed a new sliding door.
View attachment 593629

The brown ceiling rafters are original but we installed insulating foamboards' and new panels in between each one. The same was done underneath the windows.
View attachment 593631

BTW, The window's are original and some of them (4) could be opened. Freezing cold Gale Force winds would howl through the gaps, blocked quickly with packing tape.
One of the owner's is American, hence the flag and a reason to post in this thread. :)
View attachment 593632

2nd room.
View attachment 593634

And there you go, job jobbed, thanks for looking.
Some really tidy work there, especially working the foamboards into the ceiling.

I thought so, but I didn't want to make an ass of myself The Go Woke brigade of women on the soccer team seem more interested in pushing their social justice bullshit narrative instead of playing the best ball they know how; as a consequence, they lost to Canada and are no longer in contention for the gold medal. I hope they lose more games and don't get a medal at this Olympics at all. The Yankee Kneelers..
View attachment 593923
She has been a self proclaimed sjw type for years now, it’s not a new thing. Her outrage covers everything from astroturf destroying the environment to more recently blm shïte, hopefully as her Olympic career ends so will her soapbox preaching, but l doubt it. I was so happy seeing her fall to the Canadians who just want to play the game, she’s not someone young girls should use as a role model....

Some really tidy work there, especially working the foamboards into the ceiling.
We called it the 'Crooked Cottage for good reason.
Days of up the ladder. Measure. Down the ladder. Cut. Up the ladder. Bollox. Down the ladder. Adjust. Up the ladder. Nail gun. Down the ladder. Move 2'. Up the ladder. x 52 panels.

Add another 250 - 300 ladder climbs for the 4 trim pieces and painting.

Last edited:

You forgot the acting awards they should receive if an opposition player looks at them in a funny way, and they drop and roll around like they've been kicked in the nuts by a 18 hand chestnut stallion that was in a very, very bad mood.

Missouri governor pardons couple who pointed guns at protesters​

I can sort of see why black people in the US get a bit miffed, presumably there'll be a statue of these two put up next year.

Ritch

LE

I can sort of see why black people in the US get a bit miffed, presumably there'll be a statue of these two put up next year.

I saw this earlier on.

The bloke was quoted as saying something like "the angry mob came to destroy my house and kill my family..."

No they didn't. They walked past his house. He and his wife escalated the situation.

I saw this earlier on.

The bloke was quoted as saying something like "the angry mob came to destroy my house and kill my family..."

No they didn't. They walked past his house. He and his wife escalated the situation.
They were not all peaceful and they were trespassing. Communicating a threat in front of a persons property is not a wise decision to make.

They were not all peaceful and they were trespassing. Communicating a threat in front of a persons property is not a wise decision to make.

What a load of bollox.

You really are waiting for the day when a neegra steps on your lawn and you can blow him away, aren't you?

bentobox

Old-Salt

and from the department of 'you can't make this up' the husband is running to be a senator of Missouri!

Different mindset. I find on the odd occasions I do carry, I'm excruciatingly polite and will avoid situations I'd be quite happy addressing while not carrying a firearm.

I think it could be a fear of the masses of paperwork and dealing with the official mongery that would follow if I were forced into a situation where I'd have to use it.

Likewise. As a UK, and also German firearm certificate holder I used to more or less run away from situations where I wanted to pound people into the ground as I did not want to lose the licences. Same in the US too, as a gun owner it only takes a retard lawyer, or cop to say, "yeah, but he owns guns" to make some judge think you are a free-range psycho looking for your next liver, even if at the time of the incident the worst you had on you was a credit card.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Trespassing is already bad, threatening the owners in front of their home is worse. Peaceful assembly does not give a group the right to do either of those things.
Unless it's in Congress of course, when it's all perfectly ok apparently.

Unless it's in Congress of course, when it's all perfectly ok apparently.
Don’t know if it appears in the UK, but it’s been a never ending saga on the news here as almost daily another one of those fückwits gets picked up by the plod for the incident, they are not getting away with it their immense stupidity.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Don’t know if it appears in the UK, but it’s been a never ending saga on the news here as almost daily another one of those fückwits gets picked up by the plod for the incident, they are not getting away with it their immense stupidity.
It's not been mentioned over here at all really, just commenting on the contradictory attitude from some of the Trump fans.

Latest Threads