America - its all a bit odd...

Watering the livestock!
BD384856-6C3C-4866-A8E2-82FDB637BAF0.jpeg
8B240045-FC94-4091-8E82-1985E93419C7.jpeg

1627920704125.png

Canada

Upsets U.S. With 1-0 Win In Women's Wendy Ball​

KASHIMA, Japan (AP) — Carli Lloyd, clutch in so many critical moments fcuked up royally when she failed to connect against Canada on Monday night and the Americans won't play for a fifth Olympic gold medal.​

By Anne M. Peterson, The Associated Press
Published on 8/2/2021 at 10:55 AM

View attachment 593391

Canada

Upsets U.S. With 1-0 Win In Women's Wendy Ball​

KASHIMA, Japan (AP) — Carli Lloyd, clutch in so many critical moments fcuked up royally when she failed to connect against Canada on Monday night and the Americans won't play for a fifth Olympic gold medal.​

By Anne M. Peterson, The Associated Press
Published on 8/2/2021 at 10:55 AM
They were sore losers overall, specifically Lloyd, but l must admit it left me grinning...

Ooooops.​

SAILOR CHARGED IN FIRE THAT DESTROYED USS BONHOMME RICHARD​

MIL & INTEL
By Matt White | August 02, 2021
BONHOMME.jpg

The Navy formally charged a sailor with setting the fire that destroyed the USS Bonhomme Richard, an amphibious assault ship that served as a landing pad at sea for helicopters and Harrier jets and that was scheduled to carry F-35s. The Wasp-class ship is estimated to have cost $750 million to build and was undergoing a $250 million upgrade when the fire broke out.

In April the ship was permanently decommissioned from the fleet, after the Navy determined that it would cost over $2 billion to repair.

The charged sailor was a member of the Bonhomme Richard’s crew. The announcement means that the sailor could now face a court-martial. Under UCMJ rules, the charges will be heard at a formal hearing, after which an official will recommend to Vice Adm. Steve Koehler, commander of the 3rd Fleet, whether or not a court-martial is in order.

With its exit from active duty, the Bonhomme Richard became just the fourth ship the Navy has been forced to retire from the fleet due to damage since 2000, and the second lost to an intentionally set fire. The Miami, a fast attack submarine, was scrapped after it burned at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Maine in 2012 when a shipyard worker set a fire in an effort to get off work.

I've not seen a cooker like that since the 1980's, even in those days that was an old one.

I thought the US of A was a modern country?

That's modern compared to my place, it's still got an Aga that was put in the 50's

I've not seen a cooker like that since the 1980's, even in those days that was an old one.

This is a hotel, where the rooms are rented out by whomever owns the individual rooms. But it is better to have it then not.

What is it with you folks and everything has to be brand new over here? If it works then that is all that matters, I wouldn’t expect a rental to have the latest and greatest in a tourist town.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
This is a hotel, where the rooms are rented out by whomever owns the individual rooms. But it is better to have it then not.

What is it with you folks and everything has to be brand new over here? If it works then that is all that matters, I wouldn’t expect a rental to have the latest and greatest in a tourist town.
I’ve two weeks camping and kayaking in the lakes around ullswater, me and my youngest lab, no high level walks or climbs due to knee surgery. Find your happy place and enjoy it.

endure

GCM

Mrdude is not 'us folks'. He's a twat... ;-)

Beach cottages tend to be furnished with second hand or old stuff. Unless you're made of money you're not going to put brand new stuff in somewhere you're only going to use part of the year. An old stove like that is fine for cooking eggs on at breakfast, which is probably all it will get used for. Supper will probably be done on the barbecue and I doubt the wife is going to be doing any baking on vacation.

You should also have noticed that the chairs are worn with the paint rubbed off in places. It's probably old furniture repainted white to cover up the wear and make it match. Again though, Steamy didn't fly half way across a continent in order to be spending a lot of time indoors, so it's not a problem.

There are loads of beach cottages in my area (southwestern Ontario), but they were all booked up for the summer at least 6 months ago by people who knew they weren't going abroad on vacation this year. If it's like that in the US then Steamy should consider himself lucky to get anything that was reasonably habitable.

Latest Threads