America — Why I love it! (John Wayne)

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Trip_Wire, Jun 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. OH MY GOD!!!

At first, I thought 'pass the kin bucket'!!!

By the end of it though it was 'pass something kin sharp'!

What the fcuk was that? An Al Qaeda recruiting video...... somebody shoot me please!

3. Looks like an interesting place to take a holiday!

4. Yeah, in a Ruskie nucular bomber lol!!!

5. I managed about 16 seconds before the fitting occured..... :x

6. Somehow I cannot imagine anyone giving the same treatment to the United Kingdom without being lynched!

The only experience I have of watching nationalist propaganda of that sort is that of old Black and White films from the 1940s made by the Ministry of Information extolling the population to fight the Nazis and what a better system was democracy over fascist totalitarianism.

I cannot believe that any educated and intelligent American would be influenced by such a film.

A love of one's country lies within each and every person - Does it actually need to be placed there by such a blatant use of visual propaganda?

7. Brings a tear to my eye everytime.

8. I didn't actually bother watching the whole thing (I agree, annoying nationalist dribble), but the visuals seemed primarily to be of the valleys, deserts, forests, coasts, mountains, and rivers. It was the background noise that made it unwatchable

9. Hi Chief,

Nice to hear from you again.

America is attractive in the sense that is has such a wide diversity of nature: from deserts to swamps.

We just get rain!

All the very best to you.

Regards and best wishes

10. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I'm glad you all enjoyed that! :)~

11. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

[​IMG]

I suggest that you read a little WW II history and try to remember who saved your Country's ass! The next time you run down your best best friends in this world ... cnut!

HooAh!

12. With all due respect, I think you should remember who's forum you're on

13. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Whats the matter "Chief" John Wayne kill off to many "Native Americans," in his Cavalry movies for ya? Are you one of those Blanket Reservation Indians (Opps!) "Native Americans," that wants to rewrite history? Don't like the battle the way Brevet Major General George Armstrong Custer's battle at his last stand with the 7th Regiment, US Cavalry was written into history? TS!

I agree, the Native Americans throughout our history, got the short end of the stick; however, some of it was the fault of your own leaders and their miscalulations. Don't take out your personal "Native American," agenda and/or personal problems on the Country. "Visual propaganda?" Talking about the Cavalry ... what a load of horse manure "Chief!"

Having served with the 7th Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Division, I was proud of their history in the "Indian Wars, " as well as my time in the 5th Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Division. The 7th U. S. Cavalry is/was and still is a proud Regiment in the U. S. Army, with a proud history in the "Indian Wars," doing their mission then and in the present in GWOT in Iraq. "Garry Owen!"

I thought John Wayne's narration of the pictures shown, was VERY good! Actually, this is part of a CD that has other segments on America. To me John Wayne, was a good American, who loved this Country and did his best to support it any way he could. His voice on such a CD is a good example of a Western American's voice and IMHO enhances the CD.

Ours is a IMHO, is a GREAT Country, and I don't give a damn, what some liberal Brit, whos not dry behind the ears yet, might think he knows about this great Country. Most of the critics of our Country on arrse, don't really know squat, about this Country and have never been in this Country. One of the reasons, that I posted this .wav file was the pictures of our beautiful Country, was because I thought they were pretty good examples of our beautiful Country to share with our distant cousins. I guess I was wrong in some cases.

I guess some Brits don't seem to fathom, how we feel/treat our flag and other patriotic feelings, that Americans seem to have and Brits, as well as most Europeans don't have. I don't understand that, however; I, can forgive their ignorance, but I can't understand, an American who doesn't get it. I guess it take all kinds ... Huh "Chief."

It seems to me that we've had to come over to help save their ass, in two World Wars with Money, Equipement and bodies

GARRY OWEN! HooAH!

14. We will always be indebted to the 20 million dead of the USSR who saved Europe.

Last year we finally paid of our financial debt to the US for the equipment they supplied in WW2. They did not save us, they ripped us off.