Ambush Videos

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by the_beer_man, Jan 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents.

Been tasked to give a lesson on ambushes. The first part is to be classroom based using PowerPoint (my first time making one too). I thought a one or two short clips of an ambush may keep people awake but I'm struggling to find anything. Most of the stuff on YouTube is from Afghan and shows close to sod all. I found the snap ambush from Band of Brothers but would really like a good and bad example.

Any ideas or direction to look in?

2. Get them all sat down quietly, then lob in a T Bang.
  3. From memory there is a good scene in the film Uncommon Valour which deals with claymores. The primary's detonate scattering the troops to what they believe is a safe area...but thats where the secondarys are placed...Much like WarrenPoint i'm sad to say
  4. Powerpoint? For the love of god, keep it brief. There's no possible way to make powerpoint interesting unless you slip in a random pic of some fine lady's clunge to keep people awake.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'm not a fan of PowerPoint but that's the instruction I've been given. I'd much rather do some kind of practical but there you have it.
  6. Contact has a few ambush scenes. This one is about 8 mins in. Sorry, the quality is rubbish, but I've never seen a good copy except the first time I saw it on telly.

Alan Clarke's 'Contact' part2 - YouTube

Of course you's also need a ddownloader, and possibly permission.
  7. Brilliant. Forgot about that one.
  8. msr

msr LE

9. Loughgall is probably the best example of an ambush I can think of (best result anyway).

I think there was a film or TV program (probably staring Sean Bean).

Ambush scene from Generation Kill, not fantastic but me and the wife were watching the series yesterday evening (xmas pressie) so it was fresh in my mind.
  11. Do you have to use powerpoint for this, I would avoid it for this subject matter.
  12. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

There is a scene in Red Dawn where the kiddies are ambushing them pesky Russians in the woods - thought it wasnt bad from a tactical point of view at the time...