Ambush Videos

Gents.

Been tasked to give a lesson on ambushes. The first part is to be classroom based using PowerPoint (my first time making one too). I thought a one or two short clips of an ambush may keep people awake but I'm struggling to find anything. Most of the stuff on YouTube is from Afghan and shows close to sod all. I found the snap ambush from Band of Brothers but would really like a good and bad example.

Any ideas or direction to look in?

Thanks.

From memory there is a good scene in the film Uncommon Valour which deals with claymores. The primary's detonate scattering the troops to what they believe is a safe area...but thats where the secondarys are placed...Much like WarrenPoint i'm sad to say

Powerpoint? For the love of god, keep it brief. There's no possible way to make powerpoint interesting unless you slip in a random pic of some fine lady's clunge to keep people awake.

Powerpoint? For the love of god, keep it brief. There's no possible way to make powerpoint interesting unless you slip in a random pic of some fine lady's clunge to keep people awake.
I'm not a fan of PowerPoint but that's the instruction I've been given. I'd much rather do some kind of practical but there you have it.

Loughgall is probably the best example of an ambush I can think of (best result anyway).

I think there was a film or TV program (probably staring Sean Bean).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clo4vUPVtCE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ambush scene from Generation Kill, not fantastic but me and the wife were watching the series yesterday evening (xmas pressie) so it was fresh in my mind.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
There is a scene in Red Dawn where the kiddies are ambushing them pesky Russians in the woods - thought it wasnt bad from a tactical point of view at the time...