Ambulance Chasers - Leigh Day karma

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Glad_its_all_over, Jan 15, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. ...a fine example of the British tradition of freedom, fairness and justice.

0.6%
  2. ...a gang of worthless, amoral, ambulance-chasing parasites bent on getting rich at public expense.

99.4%
  1. Stonker

Stonker On ROPs

I've just now been mulling this over with Mrs Stonker, and it occurs to me that this here verdict sits in the same space as the Jockanese courts verdict of "Not Proven": which in effect says "We believe you to be guilty, but we cannae nail ye fer it, ya bas"

Where do these shysters go next, one wonders.

Out of the business, or into more dodgy dealing?

2. Wherever the most amount of money can be gouged from the least amount of talent, charisma or decency.

They're already well suited as any kind of solicitors involved in the mortgage process but they could also try their hand at conning elderly Alzheimer's sufferers for poorly carried out gardening, cash for crash scams, hurting children for fun or dropping objects off motorway bridges. For cash.

3. Stonker

Stonker On ROPs

I don't dispute any of that

I am curious as to whether the professional body overseeing the legal trade will tolerate it.

If they do, they forfeit (in my eyes, and I'm surely not alone) the status of "profession"

• Like Like x 3
  4. Could it be that Leigh Day have grown some morals, as they have "suspended" two paralegals who went out and started posting "Get yer claims in now" flyers at the Grenfell site, or could it be that that they now have two others being investigated by the SRA for deliberately touting for business for LD in a rather dodgy manner by putting up flyers which conveniently had email addresses which were not for LD, meaning LD can try and say that they were not actually involved in such a thing...

5. More likely they're gun shy after the IHAT business which nearly brought them to ruin.

6. Even a piece of poo (edited language for CA) legal company can't be seen to condone an illegal act that can be directly traceable back to the company. Kensington Council are under attack from all sides and they would definitely use this as an opportunity to fight back and prosecute LD using Section 224 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 or similar. The fine for flyposting is paltry but the negative press for the ambulance chasers would be worth it. That's probably why these junior clerks have been slapped for being so stupid.

Every little helps...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  7. Given that the report is saying that the SRA are looking at the two paralegals, and so is the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner, I think a fine for flyposting after the negative publicity of them allegedly sticking flyers on walls in amongst "photos of remembrance" is the least of their worries