ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Ambulance Chasers - Leigh Day karma

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Glad_its_all_over, Jan 15, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. ...a fine example of the British tradition of freedom, fairness and justice.

0.6%
  2. ...a gang of worthless, amoral, ambulance-chasing parasites bent on getting rich at public expense.

99.4%
  1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Tell him to get in touch and we might review it!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yes, I will.

3. Case No. 11502/2016: Day, Malik, Crowther and Leigh Day (A Firm)

Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal decision to be announced 14.00 today.

• Like Like x 3
  4. It seems that Leigh Day did nothing wrong at all; just a series of mistakes, misunderstandings and misrememberings.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Looks like the lawyers don't want two rogue legal houses so LD walk. The only good thing from this is Shiner must be spitting blood over the result!

• Like Like x 2
  6. I did not expect that. Is this something that can be appealed or is it a one off process?

7. @LEGZ30,

From Breaking news: Leigh Day and its lawyers cleared of all allegations

"Timothy Dutton QC acted for the SRA.

The option of an appeal is still open to the SRA, but that will not be considered until after the written judgment is published in August. A spokesman added: 'We note the judgment handed down today. We need to wait to see the full detail and rationale behind the tribunal's decision. We will then consider the possibility of an appeal.'"

8. Cheers

9. This'll be the window of opportunity through which the slippery sods have made their escape (from the article linked above):

"none of the allegations of professional misconduct were found to be proven to the required criminal standard of proof"
    That is pretty much saying "they may well have behaved as has been alleged - but they've been smart enough to dodge the bullet"

I thought waking up to a pre-Brexit hung parliament was bad enough. I guess this is just the cherry on top of the icing on that particular sh!te-cake.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Looks like I'very been beaten here.

On top of the disappointing outcome, this is not what I expected. I was sure of their cupablility. Their defence doesn't wash with me at all.

We will now see what action will be taken agains Shiner.

11. It's nice that they can now get back to the work that they love; making 'human errors' which just happen to subject squaddies to years of anxiety whilst trousering massive amounts of cash.

And knocking back the champers with Labour ministers.

No point trying to embarrass those who have no shame.

• Like Like x 1
  12. A touch difficult - there aren't any.

13. Yet

Unfortunately there may be some soon

14. Question really is whether this dents the reputations of those investigated sufficiently to make it impossible for them to find work/pay the mortgage

In my mind, the possibility exists that the ruling has made them a more attractive proposition for dodgy dealers in need of lawyers with an expedient understanding of right and wrong.

The verdict notwithstanding, I'd like to see the internet teeming with links to this tale and the LinkedIn pages of every creep involved in making this little piece of history.