Ambulance Chasers - Leigh Day karma

Are Leigh Day....

• Total voters
Looks like I'very been beaten here.

On top of the disappointing outcome, this is not what I expected. I was sure of their cupablility. Their defence doesn't wash with me at all.

We will now see what action will be taken agains Shiner.
I've just now been mulling this over with Mrs Stonker, and it occurs to me that this here verdict sits in the same space as the Jockanese courts verdict of "Not Proven": which in effect says "We believe you to be guilty, but we cannae nail ye fer it, ya bas"

Where do these shysters go next, one wonders.

Out of the business, or into more dodgy dealing?

Where do these shysters go next, one wonders.

Out of the business, or into more dodgy dealing?
Wherever the most amount of money can be gouged from the least amount of talent, charisma or decency.

They're already well suited as any kind of solicitors involved in the mortgage process but they could also try their hand at conning elderly Alzheimer's sufferers for poorly carried out gardening, cash for crash scams, hurting children for fun or dropping objects off motorway bridges. For cash.

Wherever the most amount of money can be gouged from the least amount of talent, charisma or decency.

They're already well suited as any kind of solicitors involved in the mortgage process but they could also try their hand at conning elderly Alzheimer's sufferers for poorly carried out gardening, cash for crash scams, hurting children for fun or dropping objects off motorway bridges. For cash.
I don't dispute any of that

I am curious as to whether the professional body overseeing the legal trade will tolerate it.

If they do, they forfeit (in my eyes, and I'm surely not alone) the status of "profession"

Could it be that Leigh Day have grown some morals, as they have "suspended" two paralegals who went out and started posting "Get yer claims in now" flyers at the Grenfell site, or could it be that that they now have two others being investigated by the SRA for deliberately touting for business for LD in a rather dodgy manner by putting up flyers which conveniently had email addresses which were not for LD, meaning LD can try and say that they were not actually involved in such a thing...

Could it be that Leigh Day have grown some morals, as they have "suspended" two paralegals who went out and started posting "Get yer claims in now" flyers at the Grenfell site, or could it be that that they now have two others being investigated by the SRA for deliberately touting for business for LD in a rather dodgy manner by putting up flyers which conveniently had email addresses which were not for LD, meaning LD can try and say that they were not actually involved in such a thing...
More likely they're gun shy after the IHAT business which nearly brought them to ruin.

Even a piece of poo (edited language for CA) legal company can't be seen to condone an illegal act that can be directly traceable back to the company. Kensington Council are under attack from all sides and they would definitely use this as an opportunity to fight back and prosecute LD using Section 224 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 or similar. The fine for flyposting is paltry but the negative press for the ambulance chasers would be worth it. That's probably why these junior clerks have been slapped for being so stupid.

Every little helps...

Last edited:
Even a piece of sh*t legal company can't be seen to condone an illegal act that can be directly traceable back to the company. Kensington Council are under attack from all sides and they would definitely use this as an opportunity to fight back and prosecute LD using Section 224 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 or similar. The fine for flyposting is paltry but the negative press for the ambulance chasers would be worth it.

Every little helps...
Given that the report is saying that the SRA are looking at the two paralegals, and so is the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner, I think a fine for flyposting after the negative publicity of them allegedly sticking flyers on walls in amongst "photos of remembrance" is the least of their worries

Despite they being cleared of all 19 charges at a SDT Hearing earlier this year (much to disappointment and incredulity) they have been ordered to foot the £7 million pound defence costs themselves by the same disciplinary body.

Christmas has partially come. And the SRA announced it will appeal the verdict at the original misconduct hearing.

Now for Shiner....

Last edited:
Despite they being cleared of all 19 charges at a SDT Hearing earlier this year (much to disappointment and incredulity) they have been ordered to foot the £7 million pound defence costs themselves by the same disciplinary body.

Christmas has partially come. And the SRA announced it will appeal the verdict at the original misconduct hearing.

Now for Shiner....
I assume they will pay the fine from cash gouged from the MoD?

I assume they will pay the fine from cash gouged from the MoD?
From a n other thread they're insured for this. So eventually people who use the services of lawyers will pay through increased fees caused by increased insurance premiums.

Now for Shiner....
You may have missed the fact that 4 Iraqi claimants represented by Leigh Day have now won a "landmark" case against the Ministry of Defence. MoD can appeal.

British troops breached Geneva conventions in Iraq, high court rules

Female shop workers are taking action against Tesco saying they should receive the same pay as distribution centre workers.
If successful, it could cost Tesco £4billion.
The law firm bringing the action is Leigh Day.
A guest (himself a former lawyer) on the BBC yesterday, said it is unlikely to be successful & that Leigh Day are considered to be a "laughing stock" by other law firms.
Presumably they have run out of squaddies to stitch up.

Female shop workers are taking action against Tesco saying they should receive the same pay as distribution centre workers.
If successful, it could cost Tesco £4billion.
The law firm bringing the action is Leigh Day.
A guest (himself a former lawyer) on the BBC yesterday, said it is unlikely to be successful & that Leigh Day are considered to be a "laughing stock" by other law firms.
Presumably they have run out of squaddies to stitch up.
I believe LD are pursuing this action with ASDA as well, not sure how warehouse work and shop floor work could be considered the same?

I believe LD are pursuing this action with ASDA as well, not sure how warehouse work and shop floor work could be considered the same?
And there’s the point. It’s like saying ward ancillary staff should be paid the same as senior consultants. Same principle (a word I hesitate to use where Leigh Day is concerned).

One of the Tesco women behind this was on telly the other day claiming that they deserve the same money as men who spend their shift unloading trucks and pallets because "we have to serve customers and they don't". She was clearly no stranger to a fish supper either and looked like a shift spent moving at all would end her.

One of the Tesco women behind this was on telly the other day claiming that they deserve the same money as men who spend their shift unloading trucks and pallets because "we have to serve customers and they don't". She was clearly no stranger to a fish supper either and looked like a shift spent moving at all would end her.
The woman who work in my local supermarkets would struggle to give the correct change if the till did not scan and tell them what amount to give, the older ones are terrible. Shelf stacking is done by the younger fitter staff, both male and female. Warehouse work and shop floor work are worlds apart.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
There are both male and female checkout staff. I believe the same also applies to distribution centre staff.

Leigh Day are therefore going to have to prove that the skills required to stack shelves or operate a till are the same as those required to work in a DC.

I would imagine the fest think the defence lawyers are going to ask of Leigh Day's witnesses is "when did you get your fork lift truck license", followed by "talk me through how you do voice activated picking".

I suspect the answers will be "I haven't got one" and "WTF are you on about".

Wordsmith