Ambiguous company names

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bugsy, Feb 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There's a company in Nottingham, UK called "Bordeline Fencing". At first I thought that they had it right, in that's where you put your fencing, but then I started to consider if the company name described the quality of what they offered.

Another case is this: "Smith and Sons High-class Family Butchers". So do these geezers really run a line in offing the aristocracy, or have I erred in my estimation?

Any others?

2. There's a plumbing and plastering firm near me- proudly printed on the sides of their two vans is the company name:

B Patient
  3. Two local companies come to mind.. these are ND..I'm sure they have websites, everyone does these days.. but

Frankenstein Fitness...I'm sure they have a line of electrified benchpress decks and such..

and Freud Signs...Insecurity... Mother Fixations...
  4. I used to work for pvconline, my email address, used to get me noticed, I even managed to get free F1 tickets and met the ex

It was an on line double glasing company, part of Coldseal!
  5. of course it was ;)
  6. Sandline - if you have ever had dealings with , er, camelshaggers, and know where they write their thoughts, that's a good one.
  7. I worked for a place called M.R.Bathrooms and fires run by a guy called Mohammed Rafiq, always used to get phonecalls saying "Hi is this Mr Bathrooms?" fckin civvi mongs with no sense....
  8. What's Cola, where's the coke?

If I don't get stoned on this after another 10 litres, you guys are gonna get whacked.
  9. Go ahead, do better. That is a typical failing of critics on this site. I like a crit from, say, Flash, because the man can do a post himself which is worthy, and there are others equally good. Go back to the chickenhutch.
  10. My mate runs a cleaning firm, he employs mainly south american people, he wanted to call the firm ethnic cleaning!

'Get your building ethnically cleansed!'

I thought it was a winner, he bottled it in the end.

*edited for mong spelling
  11. About ten years ago in Winchester a firm called ARS Ventilation, made ducting or something, The receptionist must have took some shit,
  12. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

There s a dentist in Glasgow which rejoices in the name of "A P GUMMERS"

and a proctologist at Western called Mr R. Sole :(
  13. Paintyer and decorators in Norwich called Mr. Bit
  14. Yes, everyone has websites, but some don't think before register a domain.

All of these are legitimate companies that didn't spend quite enough time considering how their online names might appear ... and be misread. These are not made up. Check them out yourself!

1. Who Represents is where you can find the name of the agent that represents any celebrity. Their Web site is

2 . Experts Exchange is a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at

3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at

4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at

5. There's the Italian Power Generator company,

6. And don't forget the Mole Station Native Nursery in New South Wales ,

7. If you're looking for IP computer software, there's always

8. The First Cumming Methodist Church Web site is

9. And the designers at Speed of Art await you at their wacky Web site,