Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMAZON,WISH,EBAY and other online shop PROBLEMS

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I was looking for place to post this thread but wasn't too sure where I should put it so if the moderators do shift it to a more suitable place I shall thank them in advance.
Right where to start?
Over the years i have been buying stuff from Amazon since it released its first e reader which I still have but it doesn't work now.
through the.years I have bought quite a few items and literally hundreds of books and never really had issues, whenever a device stopped doing it's job.The problem was sorted out quickly. The problem now though is are the people who work there doing the job for their loyal customers? I'm my opinion they are not, I can expect large online shops to lose the human edge with so many transactions going on 24/7. But when mistakes are made and acknowledged as such by the seller what should we expect from the company?
I shall.give an example. In Dec 6 I was charged £59.99 for an.Amazon kindle fire 8hd, this was done because they said the original had not been returned. Upon me saying if that's the case why is they refund the other two items that came with it? They then sent a message that they had made a mistake and.would refund the £59.99.
So what's the problem you may ask? The problem lies in the fallout that occurs when you have budgeted to the last penny and money is taken from your account. I had a small transaction of.a mere £3 declined, not much really, but when I mention mobile phone insurance it has greater meanin. This missed payment means I cant.get my phone repaired. Through no fault of my own i.have to pay the price.
What would you expect in return for discovering the mistake the hard.way when your card is declined in a supermarket que of people waiting to be served but they can't because the guy with the walking stick up front has not got enough money. It's humiliating of that fact I'm sure.
I appreciate that mistakes happen and will carry on happening, refunds are given and will carry on happening. But when will large companies take responsibility for the.other things caused by there mistake? Sometimes the personal cost is far out of proportion to the original money involved..
As a customer what.would you expect to be done by a multi million pound company to fix a problem they have caused which has resulted in more loss to you even.When a full refund is given?
If you or anyone you know has had this problem then please post it, I'm fed up with companies not taking responsibility for.problems.caused by themselves.
Hopefully when reading that others have suffered by their hand they might take note and do the right thing, The MORAL thing.

I was looking for place to post this thread but wasn't too sure where I should put it so if the moderators do shift it to a more suitable place I shall thank them in advance.
Right where to start?
Over the years i have been buying stuff from Amazon since it released its first e reader which I still have but it doesn't work now.
through the.years I have bought quite a few items and literally hundreds of books and never really had issues, whenever a device stopped doing it's job.The problem was sorted out quickly. The problem now though is are the people who work there doing the job for their loyal customers? I'm my opinion they are not, I can expect large online shops to lose the human edge with so many transactions going on 24/7. But when mistakes are made and acknowledged as such by the seller what should we expect from the company?
I shall.give an example. In Dec 6 I was charged £59.99 for an.Amazon kindle fire 8hd, this was done because they said the original had not been returned. Upon me saying if that's the case why is they refund the other two items that came with it? They then sent a message that they had made a mistake and.would refund the £59.99.
So what's the problem you may ask? The problem lies in the fallout that occurs when you have budgeted to the last penny and money is taken from your account. I had a small transaction of.a mere £3 declined, not much really, but when I mention mobile phone insurance it has greater meanin. This missed payment means I cant.get my phone repaired. Through no fault of my own i.have to pay the price.
What would you expect in return for discovering the mistake the hard.way when your card is declined in a supermarket que of people waiting to be served but they can't because the guy with the walking stick up front has not got enough money. It's humiliating of that fact I'm sure.
I appreciate that mistakes happen and will carry on happening, refunds are given and will carry on happening. But when will large companies take responsibility for the.other things caused by there mistake? Sometimes the personal cost is far out of proportion to the original money involved..
As a customer what.would you expect to be done by a multi million pound company to fix a problem they have caused which has resulted in more loss to you even.When a full refund is given?
If you or anyone you know has had this problem then please post it, I'm fed up with companies not taking responsibility for.problems.caused by themselves.
Hopefully when reading that others have suffered by their hand they might take note and do the right thing, The MORAL thing.

Get a pre-paid card: Compare Prepaid Cards: Apply For a Prepaid Card | MoneySuperMarket and only use it for online purchases.

Transfer money to it just before you buy, and leave ten/twenty on there to keep it "*charged". Should anything untoward happen, that's the max they can take.

*Some companies ask you to keep a minimum balance.

ETA: Most are free. I like free.

D

Deleted 164106

Right where to start?
Amazon have always been really good when I've returned stuff, or they've made a mistake.

I'd complain to them, and tell them of your situation. Worst thing is you'll get a "sorry" best is you'll get a gift card of some sort.

Robme

LE
Of late I have had to chase them for refunds for items I have returned, especially when I have returned 2 items at the same time (I use the Hermes Pack and Post service).
I am currently waiting for a second item refund, when I have received the refund for the first item. Helpfull is complaints@amazon.co.uk, for giving them a kick up the bum.

Latest Threads