Amazon to cease accepting Visa CCs in January

NSP

LE
You'll be completely wasting your time.

I clicked on to this thread to get some information because I use Visa on my Amazon account and all we get is Stacker trying to prove how utterly perfect he is and how inferior everybody else is compared to him. It's the same on virtually every thread he posts on.
I can restart it in CA if it'd help - the pest can't infest that part of the site.

@Stacker 1 who gives two flying fcuks how much you earn or how well off ya are..

You shite out the same hole as I do and you'll go out in a similar wooden box..

Bet if I dropped a quid in the street, you'd pick it up :rolleyes:

Why are you tagging Stacker 1?

I can restart it in CA if it'd help - the pest can't infest that part of the site.

See if you can generate some fake outrage there.

@Stacker 1 who gives two flying fcuks how much you earn or how well off ya are..

You shite out the same hole as I do and you'll go out in a similar wooden box..

Bet if I dropped a quid in the street, you'd pick it up :rolleyes:

Unless one’s name is Jeff Bezos, there’s always someone better off than oneself.

Even then, he can’t keep his dick in his pants and it’s cost him not just a wife, but $38billion.

$38billion is enough to buy quite a lot of beer :)

Unless one’s name is Jeff Bezos, there’s always someone better off than oneself.

Even then, he can’t keep his dick in his pants and it’s cost him not just a wife, but $38billion.

$38billion is enough to buy quite a lot of beer :)
Throw in a few liver n kidney replacements too ;)

or buy every distillery here(Scotland)

chrismcd

Old-Salt
I do not think this has been posted.

So the Americans were prevented from increasing charges by the EU - but now we are outside and Amazon is a "Luxembourg" company - the opportunity has been taken to up charges from 0.3% to 1.5%.

A 500% increase - not bad if you can get it. And think of the volume!

Methinks I will apply for an Amazon Mastercard since they may hold off on the charges, but I rather doubt Mastercard Inc will do so.

It doesn't take long for the scammers to spot an opportunity.

Telephone rings this morning. I answer, to hear a strongly-accented voice say:

"Hi, it's Wobbledydoodah (or something just as incomprehensible) from Amazon. How are you today? We are just calling you to......." CLICK.

I dialled 1471 and was given what seemed to be a UK telephone number. I dialled it, and as expected got: "The number you have dialled has not been recognised".

I assume it was NOT Amazon.................

civvy

Old-Salt
Why is it you feel the constant need to sneer at poor people? Are you overcompensating for something? I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who earn far more than you but don't need to brag about it or belittle others.

It only takes a wrong turn on fortune's wheel and you could be living your life under a bridge with all your wordly possessions shoved into a shopping trolly.

You may well have a reasonable income but you are also proof that money can't buy class.
Oooh. Harsh.

So the Americans were prevented from increasing charges by the EU - but now we are outside and Amazon is a "Luxembourg" company - the opportunity has been taken to up charges from 0.3% to 1.5%.

Methinks I will apply for an Amazon Mastercard since they may hold off on the charges, but I rather doubt Mastercard Inc will do so.

You don‘t see those charges those. They can no longer be added to the price of goods. Mastercard/visa/amex you’ll pay the same price for goods. The profit the seller makes differs depending on the CC.

chrismcd

Old-Salt
You don‘t see those charges those. They can no longer be added to the price of goods. Mastercard/visa/amex you’ll pay the same price for goods. The profit the seller makes differs depending on the CC.
Very true - which is why most small companies do not take American Express.

And Visa will fold like they did previously. If anyone actually thinks they won't be able to use their visa credit card on Amazon next year then they're deluded.

NSP

LE
Well, quelle surprise!!! E-mail just in from Amazon:-

"The expected change regarding the use of Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk will no longer take place on January 19. We are working closely with Visa on a potential solution that will enable customers to continue using their Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk. "

Someone somewhere has done some sums and lost all the colour from their face when they saw the result, I presume.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well, quelle surprise!!! E-mail just in from Amazon:-

"The expected change regarding the use of Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk will no longer take place on January 19. We are working closely with Visa on a potential solution that will enable customers to continue using their Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk. "

Someone somewhere has done some sums and lost all the colour from their face when they saw the result, I presume.

just had the same one, who'd have thunk it?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
It was on mainstream news this morning.
I meant that they have managed to find away to keep on using visa CC's, as predicted by many

BlipDriver

War Hero
Snip

I suspect that the December figures for Visa have just been revealed & shown a steep fall in the number of transactions. Mine now go through an Amazon card.

My younger sister received an email this morning from Amazon UK stating.

"The expected change regarding  the use of Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk will no longer take place on January 19. We are working closely with Visa on a potential solution that will enable customers to continue using their Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk. "

Last edited:

NSP

LE
I suspect that the December figures for Visa have just been revealed & shown a steep fall in the number of transactions. Mine now go through an Amazon card.
They wouldn't give me one of their Mastercards. Too good a credit rating, income and track-record of paying it off each month, I guess - not likely to make anything from me in interest and fees.

enpointe

Old-Salt
They wouldn't give me one of their Mastercards. Too good a credit rating, income and track-record of paying it off each month, I guess - not likely to make anything from me in interest and fees.
i have a similar scenario with a card provider, the average balance on my card over the past year has been around 10 % of the pretty low credit limit ( as it was the first credit card i got after timing out of a period of horrendous credit scores thanks to the ex) and i always pay a big chunk off if i don't clear it

Very true - which is why most small companies do not take American Express.
Not so true anymore. A lot of small businesses have moved from using stand alone credit card machines rented from their bank to third party point of sale systems like Square and Shopify POS.

Square charges a flat rate 1.9% for card purchases where the card is present and 2.2% when it’s not. Or doesn’t matter what the card is. But their hardware is cheap to buy and run. If you work out the costs of using Square versus a conventional bank rented machine, it’s pretty much neutral.

Latest Threads