Amazon Mechanical Turk

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Anyone ever done it?

Amazon Mechanical Turk - you sign up and then get loads of shitty online slave labour jobs like surveys, identifying what an image is, answering random questions. I signed up the other day (takes a few days to activate) and I've made £10 of vouchers in two days by basically doing these jobs when I'd be doing nothing more than touching myself.

It's hosted and controlled by Amazon - wondering if anyone else is doing it and how much they've made? Quick note - UK peeps can only get Amazon gift vouchers, but meh, I'll happily spend it.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Aren’t you just selling them all your data for a very cheap price?

They now know everything about you and in a few days you’ll be bombarded with junk and spam.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Aren’t you just selling them all your data for a very cheap price?

They now know everything about you and in a few days you’ll be bombarded with junk and spam.
Nah, it's not like that - mTurk doesn't give your details away. The questions are not personally identifiable or linked to you. The one I just did there for $2 was to write statements which could trick an AI into thinking they were true based on a given context.

I.e

'ARRSE is full of intelligent, knowledgable people and is a good place to find useful tips on soldiering like a true man.;

I needed to write a 'definitely incorrect' statement which the AI couldn't spot.

So if I wrote;

'ARRSE is not full of intelligent people'

It would spot it and fail me.

If I wrote:

"The intelligence on ARRSE would lead knowledgable men to know many weren't soldiers'

Then it'd probably not spot it because I've jiggled the meaning of the words around.

It was actually quite stimulating mentally and took about 5 minutes.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nah, it's not like that - mTurk doesn't give your details away. The questions are not personally identifiable or linked to you. The one I just did there for $2 was to write statements which could trick an AI into thinking they were true based on a given context.

I.e

'ARRSE is full of intelligent, knowledgable people and is a good place to find useful tips on soldiering like a true man.;

I needed to write a 'definitely incorrect' statement which the AI couldn't spot.

So if I wrote;

'ARRSE is not full of intelligent people'

It would spot it and fail me.

If I wrote:

"The intelligence on ARRSE would lead knowledgable men to know many weren't soldiers'

Then it'd probably not spot it because I've jiggled the meaning of the words around.

It was actually quite stimulating mentally and took about 5 minutes.
I see your comedy is on par with your DIY.

endure

GCM
I've just signed up and it told me to bugger off...

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I've just signed up and it told me to bugger off...
Has it? I wouldn't say it's particularly worthwhile - it's something where if you work nightshift for example and do **** all, you could sit your entire shift on this and earn a few quid. Last one there was to give my feedback on a new business idea which was basically a Ponzi scheme. The questions were "Would you consider this a Ponzi scheme?" and "Would you consider this trustworthy" etc. That was 20c and took about forty seconds.

So yeah, I'll probably revert to this when I genuinely have nothing else to do and get a few quid towards an Amazon tat purchase.

Has it? I wouldn't say it's particularly worthwhile - it's something where if you work nightshift for example and do **** all, you could sit your entire shift on this and earn a few quid. Last one there was to give my feedback on a new business idea which was basically a Ponzi scheme. The questions were "Would you consider this a Ponzi scheme?" and "Would you consider this trustworthy" etc. That was 20c and took about forty seconds.

So yeah, I'll probably revert to this when I genuinely have nothing else to do and get a few quid towards an Amazon tat purchase.
Museums seem to be all the rage these days. Maybe a DIY comedy museum?

endure

GCM

I do online surveys. Given the amount of time I spend some of them are quite reasonable. The easy but tedious and repetitive ones give Amazon vouchers. The more interesting ones ask serious questions and pay cash. Worth doing if your days otherwise consists of sitting in your skiddies and scratching your nuts...

magumba

Swinger

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yougov seem to have stopped sending me surveys.

You get points per survey, and a certain number of points makes £50.

However medical and dental surveys are far more lucrative.

I am one of those 8 out of 10 dentists will say anything for an Amazon voucher

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well last night I made about $26 in what would have otherwise been empty time. A lot of it was about having conversations for AI training, at $1.87 a pop they were relatively quick and easy and took about four minutes. So you're not making a living, but I can now buy some Amazon tat.

Woo!

Well last night I made about $26 in what would have otherwise been empty time. A lot of it was about having conversations for AI training, at $1.87 a pop they were relatively quick and easy and took about four minutes. So you're not making a living, but I can now buy some Amazon tat.

Woo!
Can you buy amazon tat from the .co.uk site? There was some previous criticism that only amazon.com vouchers were being handed out, regardless of location if I'm thinking of the right thing.

morsk

LE
I just did there for $2 was to write statements which could trick an AI into thinking they were true based on a given context.

The only way anyone will believe that is if they cant read. Even then they will still be able to sniff out the civvies.

Latest Threads