Amazon Fire stick

If I get one, do I still have to sit through advertising in the programmes, or can I fast forward through them?

ugly

LE
Most programs have the adverts removed, if you use it to watch commercial channels regular output you can skip the adds by subscription. I only used the ITV hub for Endeavour and the RWC

FWIW the Fire stick is also capable of creative modification, in the form of 3rd party apps.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FWIW the Fire stick is also capable of creative modification, in the form of 3rd party apps.

Rarely works in a satisfactory fashion, especially for live TV, in my experience. You can get an Android TV box for the same money, which does a much better job of it.

I have this one:

s-l1600.jpg

£30 or less from eBay from numerous sellers

Rarely works in a satisfactory fashion, especially for live TV, in my experience. You can get an Android TV box for the same money, which does a much better job of it.

I have this one:

View attachment 431262

£30 or less from eBay from numerous sellers
Our Android box is 'very similar' to that image.

As for the Fire Stick, I've never used one but seen plenty of how to/guides online.

dontenn

War Hero
I use firetstick, i was using android box both of these worked equally well. I would highly suggest that installing a VPN is a must in my eyes. I have used NORDVPN for the past 12mths and had no issues I am now trying ExpressVPN for a year and i will see how i get on.

If I get one, do I still have to sit through advertising in the programmes, or can I fast forward through them?
If you get netflix or Prime, then no, if you download TV apps (Channel four, ITV etc) you will get them and I found out the other day even on non live TV they have advert that cant be sped up.

As someone said early, with the fire stick you can download a lot of third party apps, which if they were legal would be a lot cheaper than paying Sky.

Definitel
I use firetstick, i was using android box both of these worked equally well. I would highly suggest that installing a VPN is a must in my eyes. I have used NORDVPN for the past 12mths and had no issues I am now trying ExpressVPN for a year and i will see how i get on.
+1 for a VPN. I was using NordVPN, but they stopped taking PayPal and that didn't suit me. Moved to IPVanish which is spot on. They asked me to review them on TrustPilot, I did so, and I got a year's free subscription.

ETA: A lot of the VPNs won't run on the older FireSticks.

I use firestick also HUMAX box far better than sky. Tape 5 watch one. And by using the correct app even see all of sky . I dont as I use sky BB . But as movie comes out it's there to see.

dontenn

War Hero
Definitel

+1 for a VPN. I was using NordVPN, but they stopped taking PayPal and that didn't suit me. Moved to IPVanish which is spot on. They asked me to review them on TrustPilot, I did so, and I got a year's free subscription.

ETA: A lot of the VPNs won't run on the older FireSticks.
Yes you are correct that is first gen firestick

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Captain_Crusty The Book Club 0
GrumpyWasTooCheerful The Book Club 9
Mikal Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets 16

Latest Threads