Amazon Bonus

Just a thought.
I appreciate using ARRSE at no cost, and although I paid for MIA, and do not grudge it, I wondered if there was an alternative that would benefit ARRSE for the better.
You have the Amazon button on the header, and I believe that if you use that, and make a purchase with Amazon, then ARRSE gets a (very) small fee.
Since some moaning minnie whined abut the explotative admins, I make a point of using the ARRSE Amazon link for all my Amazon purchases.
I now wonder, if it would be to our benefit, that if a level of Amazon purchases were made, then that would qualify the ARRSE member for an MIA or higher.

Just a thought.
I appreciate using ARRSE at no cost, and although I paid for MIA, and do not grudge it, I wondered if there was an alternative that would benefit ARRSE for the better.
You have the Amazon button on the header, and I believe that if you use that, and make a purchase with Amazon, then ARRSE gets a (very) small fee.
Since some moaning minnie whined abut the explotative admins, I make a point of using the ARRSE Amazon link for all my Amazon purchases.
I now wonder, if it would be to our benefit, that if a level of Amazon purchases were made, then that would qualify the ARRSE member for an MIA or higher.
Disappointed. I thought you were going to out yourself as really being Jeff Bezos and were going to give us each a million.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just a thought.

I'm not sure that it's possible (or desirable) to link a user-name here to an individual's Amazon account. As far as I'm aware, the affiliate link just bungs some money to the CO's without identifying who ordered what deviancy.

@Bad CO will know the intricacies though.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Our Amazon shopping is done at smile.amazon.co.uk to support a dog rescue charity - you can select any charity registered with Amazon but they don't release any details of what was purchased or by whom.

Bad CO

Admin
I'm not sure that it's possible (or desirable) to link a user-name here to an individual's Amazon account. As far as I'm aware, the affiliate link just bungs some money to the CO's without identifying who ordered what deviancy.

That's spot on, we have no way of linking Amazon click through/purchases to user accounts.

We have however said that if anyone wants the MIA then we'll happily just give it to them!

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
ArRSe is just a ponzi scheme supporting the CO's retirement fund. Don't fall for it!

1629922855899.png

I don't know if this is a feature or a bug but I have noticed that an embedded Amazon link does not show up in a post.

Two examples in one post here: https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...information-capabilities.306433/post-11032624

You can get around it by reloading the page and hitting the link quickly before it vanishes again.

ETA:
Hmmm. That is in Chrome and Windows 10. Not an issue in MS Edge/W10 or iPad.

ETA2
Ignore this. I just realised it is shut down by Adblock in Chrome and Edge.

Last edited:

It’s not an affiliate link, it’s a Google pay per click advert. You’ll probably only see it if you use Amazon. I’ve never knowingly noticed Amazon ads on Arrse, but I don’t use Amazon so their algorithms don’t advertise to me.

Google advertisers have no control over which sites they advertise on. When you place an ad, you can’t specify Arrse. But you can define audiences with specific profiles and interests that would give a good match.

An affiliate programme refers to a site that recommends products to their audience rather than one that runs adverts. Amazon does have an affiliate programme; they call it Amazon Associates.

I suspect Arrse’s membership would decline rapidly if the COs started affiliate marketing.