Amazon adverts

I have noticed random Amazon adverts appearing at the top of the web page now and again, they appear above the main heading both on Arrse and BBC. I can't see that either site is responsible so I think Amazon have loaded something on my PC. Any ideas how to stop it?
After reading my post, it sounds like gibberish, what I should say is that the Amazon add loads first and effects the script of the web page, for example the drop down menus don't work correctly when the amazon add is there...any ideas how to stop it?
do i virus scanner. I somehow dought amazon have loaded any kind of spyware or addware or what ever they call it onto your comp. Though have you downloaded anything from amazon?
SparkySteve said:
Right click in the menu space on your browser, does it give you an option to unclick an Amazon ToolBar or similar?
No..and I don't use amazon. I have discovered a Khost and a Kservice in Task manager, looks like they loaded with the BBC I viewer thingy...
SparkySteve said:
When you delete those K processes, do they stop the taskbar?
Would appear so. How do I stop them reappearing when I fire up the PC in the morning?

Bugger, they don't stop it, its also more of a banner add but right at the top of the page before the mail web page title!
Google Kservice and you will find its a Peer to Peer program that seems associated with Sky. Some sites say it is needed if you have signed up for the Sky Download service. Here is an extract from a site if you do want to remove it

"Well, the manual uninstall seemed to work. For those of you in a similar position, here's what I did:

Went into the Services applet (Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services) and stopped the KService service. I also set it to Disabled.
Opened Regedit, went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run and deleted the entry for 'kdx'.
Still in Regedit, went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Services and deleted the entry for 'kdx'.
Deleted the entire folder where KService was installed (in my case 'C:\Program Files\KService')
Restarted the machine"

IT_GEEK said:
Google Kservice and you will find its a Peer to Peer program that seems associated with Sky.
Correct - I have it on my desktop at home. It's called Kontiki and it's part of Sky Anytime (used to be called Sky by Broadband) which allows you to get films on your pc.

Sky do an uninstaller HERE

I haven't used this uninstaller as I haven't had any major problems with it.
It's good for loading films onto the laptop before coming out to the sandpit :)

Hope this helps :D
SparkySteve wrote:
When you delete those K processes, do they stop the taskbar?
Would appear so. How do I stop them reappearing when I fire up the PC in the morning?

Bugger, they don't stop it, its also more of a banner add but right at the top of the page before the mail web page title!

This is from the source page...

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
<html dir="ltr" lang="en">
<base href="" />
It does sound like a classic spyware/malware problem. Have you run Adaware, spybot or any other such utility to scan for spyware?

Edited to add: There is nothing wrong with that header btw
Hi Jack this

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 17:49:21, on 05/11/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
c:\program files\common files\logitech\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam10\QuickCam10.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\LVComSX.exe
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\Monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\ 2.1\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files\ 2.1\program\soffice.BIN
C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam10\COCIManager.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Justin\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext =
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: wssclient - {8D99D2A3-317C-4929-8A5D-21140259D93A} - c:\PROGRA~1\wss.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LaunchApp] Alaunch
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntiMUI] c:\Program Files\NewTech Infosystems\NTI CD & DVD-Maker 7\ntiMUI.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTrayp] VTtrayp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechQuickCamRibbon] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam10\QuickCam10.exe" /hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechCommunicationsManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eRecoveryService] C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\Monitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVCOMSX] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\LVComSX.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] c:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_9
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: 2.1.lnk = C:\Program Files\ 2.1\program\quickstart.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: 2.1.lnk = C:\Program Files\ 2.1\program\quickstart.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: 2.1.lnk = C:\Program Files\ 2.1\program\quickstart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {11260943-421B-11D0-8EAC-0000C07D88CF} (iPIX ActiveX Control) -
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) -
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) -
O16 - DPF: {E5F5D008-DD2C-4D32-977D-1A0ADF03058B} (JuniperSetupSP1 Control) -
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Logitech Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - c:\program files\common files\logitech\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe
O23 - Service: LVSrvLauncher - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\SrvLnch\SrvLnch.exe

End of file - 7152 bytes
I can't run startuplist as I get the error message

"component "MSCOMCTL.OCX" or oone of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

Also its always the last thing to load...
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
endure The NAAFI Bar 5
easy-wan-kenobi Finance, Property, Law 24
G Aviation 7