Amazingly Walty Clothing Accessories

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
So, talking to the guy from Smart Turnout earlier, they can produce a batch of Corps colour socks if we can raise 24 orders. Price wholesale will be about 6 quid + VAT + delivery if they all go to the same address for distro. With repostage from mine, I guess about a tenner a pair. I'm assured they're good quality cotton and look vile.

Any interest?

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Perevodchik said:
Flippin right!! Wearing civvies for a living means I need all the covert mil gear I can get me hands on.
Where do I sign up?
With me. How many pairs?

Perevodchik said:
No doubt every Walt and his dog'll want some ;-)
Jog on, no self respecting walt is going to want these socks. They are going to go for some sky blue ones and claim to be apache pilots. They will probably claim to have been in the aircraft which lost its barrel for it AWS the other day. So far its probably got a crew of 50. I can't remember but how many people does the balcony of the Iranian Embassy hold at the last count!!! :lol: :lol:

cpunk

LE
I want an Int Corps version of one of those regimental jumpers they sell, for when I'm on secret undercover missions like...

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
cpunk said:
I want an Int Corps version of one of those regimental jumpers they sell, for when I'm on secret undercover missions like...
And a strip of Harry Blackers to wear across your eyes to keep that air of mystery going.

Glad_its_all_over said:
So, talking to the guy from Smart Turnout earlier, they can produce a batch of Corps colour socks if we can raise 24 orders. Price wholesale will be about 6 quid + VAT + delivery if they all go to the same address for distro. With repostage from mine, I guess about a tenner a pair. I'm assured they're good quality cotton and look vile.

Any interest?
You'll look like you've got seaweed hanging out the bottom of your keks :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Howay_the_Lads said:
PS I am suprised at you two - I would have thought something in dark blue would have been more to your satisfaction.
Fcuk right off. After being ethnically cleansed from that shower I want nothing more to do with them.
Hell hath no fury like an EWOp scorned......

cpunk

LE
whistler said:
Glad_its_all_over said:

Any interest?
You'll look like you've got seaweed hanging out the bottom of your keks :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
So? It's a very popular fashion accessory round where I live.

I'm very partial to green and I am therefore more than moderately interested. Any chance they could have flashes of scarlet and french grey down the side? Any chance of a webbed fit in size 10?

Perevodchik said:
Howay_the_Lads said:
PS I am suprised at you two - I would have thought something in dark blue would have been more to your satisfaction.
Fcuk right off. After being ethnically cleansed from that shower I want nothing more to do with them.
Wasn't it a trade amalgamation, rather than the Royal Signals EWOp/Tele Op (Ling)/Ling Op/RS Op (L) trade transfer? :wink:

Fraser said:
Perevodchik said:
Howay_the_Lads said:
Wasn't it a trade amalgamation, rather than the Royal Signals EWOp/Tele Op (Ling)/Ling Op/RS Op (L) trade transfer? :wink:

NO!

If I did, I don't think the ECBA they've issued me would have enough life in it no protect me from the sh!tstorm of pi55 taking I'd get!

And that's just from CR!

Fraser said:
Perevodchik said:
Howay_the_Lads said:
Ehtnicheskoe ochishchenie, as perevodchik says. Can't have all those pouffy arts grad types cluttering up the Royal Corps, can we, old boy? It confuses the RD types and annoys the barely CEng officers, not to mention the Yo people (one for whistler, there).

I was a voluntary transfer well before then. My solitary claim to renown was having every single one of the DISI trades bar Supv (R) - S Tg, Op EW, EW Op, An(SI) and Ling(SI). The Royal Corps is an interesting institution and I keep an eye on the Sigs forum, still - and I'm thrilled to see that it's hardly changed, all the Tp SSgt, SSM and RSM slots still filled with failed tradesmen, all the military training slots filled with tarmac mechanics while the SF and airborne types keep a wary distance from it and techs still getting a hard time for being bright enough to have alternatives outside.

What's with the sock fixation? I fancy one of those sweaters in the Corps colours. (Velour in the Zap Brannigan style, for preferance.)
OK, count me in for socks, then.

Flippin eck GIAO, how can a man carry that much cynicism for so long and not climb into a bell tower
with a high powered rifle?

Spot on tho', and far more economical and erudite than I would ever have been :)