Amalgamated Post-Election Thread

Will he bow out gracefully, or,
cling on and try & cut a deal with the Limp Dems?

Prayers on Sunday... ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He will go once the queen allows him to go, Mandleson that is.

I do'nt think so, even if he / labour get thrashed he will not see (through the good eye) that the country do not want him, in his 'mind' he is the man for the job, I think there will have to be a coup within the labour party to get rid of him.

Stilts

He will kick , scream , fight like a dog and plead to stay in power .... but hopefully to no avail ... then he will self implode .... stand back some mess expected .

Border_Reiver said:
He will kick , scream , fight like a dog and plead to stay in power .... but hopefully to no avail ... then he will self implode .... stand back some mess expected .
Clearly you know the man!
The PA are now saying that Downing Street is saying that Cyclops
will attempt to form a gobberment with the mellow yellows....

RhodieBKK said:
Border_Reiver said:
Aye, the bugger won't go without kicking and a lot of tantrums.

Bits

War Hero
His re-election speech certainly didn't sound like he had any intention of giving up the reigns!

RhodieBKK said:
Border_Reiver said:
Regrettably, if the Tories don't get an overall majority, that's his right! :(

If there's any chance at all, no matter how dubious, that he can hang onto power - he will. I could see the bloke clinging on even if the Tories win a clear majority.

Brown will do anything possible to hold on.
Hopefully to the extent his world crashes down around him and he is left with no option but top himself.

The mood will be dire at No.10 tomorrow. Either way a lot of damage limitation and pertinent phone calls will be executed. Wouldn't mind being in Nick Clegg's house reckon his phone will be red hot.

He'd suck the Sh1t out of Clegg's arrse if that was the going rate to stay in power.
john
Cammeroon must Hang for his failure to win an absolute majority.

jonwilly said:
He'd suck the Sh1t out of Clegg's arrse if that was the going rate to stay in power.
john
Indeed he must.
It should have been a massive win for the Tories!, however, if Labour retain government at least they will have to clear up the mess they created and Clegg will soon learn that Brown will promise anything (but give the LibDems nothing) to keep Labour in a position of influence

Constitutionally Gordon Brown does not have to go until the point at which he cannot command a majority in the House. He gets first dibbs on being PM and forming a government. If he fails to get a coalition he can remain PM until he faces and loses a vote of confidence - which would probably on the Queen's Speech.

Gordon can legally hang on for about another month or until he stitches up enough votes in Parliament.

A month for the pound, stocks and confidence to plummet. It couldn't happen at a worse time with financial meltdown likely in Europe and the markets will demand massive interest increases due to falling confidence and government paralysis.

Well done the people of Britain - now go back to the TV, a new series of Britain's Got Talent is on and X-Factor will return soon

Gordon Brown and Nick Clegg will be like Bob Mugabe and Morgan Tsvangirai (spl?).

Unfortunately I don't think Clegg will see it that way.

archer said:
jonwilly said:
john
Indeed he must.
It should have been a massive win for the Tories!, however, if Labour retain government at least they will have to clear up the mess they created and Clegg will soon learn that Brown will promise anything (but give the LibDems nothing) to keep Labour in a position of influence

Well, I almost hate to say this, but...

I TOLD YOU SO!!! :twisted: