Am I too old??

#1
I would like to know if I'm too old to join the RLC TA?
Back in the eighties I was a regular in the RCT - did 3 years.
I'm 43 and fairly fit and active and I'd like to consider joining one of the specialist units at Grantham.
Can anyone help please?
 
#3
smudgermick said:
I would like to know if I'm too old to join the RLC TA?
Back in the eighties I was a regular in the RCT - did 3 years.
I'm 43 and fairly fit and active and I'd like to consider joining one of the specialist units at Grantham.
Can anyone help please?
There is an FAQ listed at the top of the forum. Without previous service the limit is 43 inclusive at Attestation. Not sure whether three years service twenty five years ago will really make a difference.
 
#5
Thanks for your replies, I tried to get info via the RLC website, but the contact details given there were pants. Any ideas who I might call etc?
Thanks again.
 
#6
smudgermick said:
I would like to know if I'm too old to join the RLC TA?
Back in the eighties I was a regular in the RCT - did 3 years.
I'm 43 and fairly fit and active and I'd like to consider joining one of the specialist units at Grantham.
Can anyone help please?
no mate 43 isnt too old im 42 just joining the rlc. farely fit. no problems about my age. you can do it.
 
#7
get onto it quick.

the recruiting process takes a bit of time with the medicals and security checks, can run into a few months with some people, you have to get attested before your 44th.
 
#8
DrStealth said:
get onto it quick.

the recruiting process takes a bit of time with the medicals and security checks, can run into a few months with some people, you have to get attested before your 44th.
WRONG!

Revised TA Gp A Engagement
5.013. General
a. With effect from 1 April 2007, the maximum age for enlistment for TA Group A soldiers will be the day before their 43rd birthday. Soldiers will initially sign on for a 12 year engagement which, subject to their age, satisfactory performance, retention of medical fitness for role and vacancies appropriate for their rank and employment would be eligible for a further extension of 12 years. On completion of 24 years ’ service and subject the provisions outlined above, soldiers would be eligible to re-engage for periods of up to 6 years at a time until they reached the normal retirement age (NRA) of 55 years or the age specified for certain forms of employment in Annex C/5. (Subject to the provisions outlined above, soldiers over the age of 43 years on completion of their initial engagement will be offered a reduced engagement until they reach the age of 55 years or the age specified at Annex C/5.)

5.014. Ex-Regular Soldiers. Ex-Regular soldiers who enlist into TA Group A after their 43rd birthday will be granted a reduced period of engagement to enable them to serve until age 55 or the age specified for their employment in Annex C/5.
 
#9
msr said:
DrStealth said:
get onto it quick.

the recruiting process takes a bit of time with the medicals and security checks, can run into a few months with some people, you have to get attested before your 44th.
WRONG!

Revised TA Gp A Engagement
5.013. General
a. With effect from 1 April 2007, the maximum age for enlistment for TA Group A soldiers will be the day before their 43rd birthday. Soldiers will initially sign on for a 12 year engagement which, subject to their age, satisfactory performance, retention of medical fitness for role and vacancies appropriate for their rank and employment would be eligible for a further extension of 12 years. On completion of 24 years ’ service and subject the provisions outlined above, soldiers would be eligible to re-engage for periods of up to 6 years at a time until they reached the normal retirement age (NRA) of 55 years or the age specified for certain forms of employment in Annex C/5. (Subject to the provisions outlined above, soldiers over the age of 43 years on completion of their initial engagement will be offered a reduced engagement until they reach the age of 55 years or the age specified at Annex C/5.)

5.014. Ex-Regular Soldiers. Ex-Regular soldiers who enlist into TA Group A after their 43rd birthday will be granted a reduced period of engagement to enable them to serve until age 55 or the age specified for their employment in Annex C/5.

opps, didnt know that. ignore my dribblings.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts