Am I the only tw@t wearing uniform to work?

Having had some very odd looks in my office garbed in my finest DPM, beret etc from customers; none of whom seem to know a damn thing about Armed Forces Day or wear uniform to work day, I'm just beginning to feel a mite paranoid.... have I been set up on a massive scale? 8O :? :oops:

Or could it be that the event is still in ints infancy and a certain singer of some repute has apparently died today? :roll:

oldcolt said:
Having had some very odd looks in my office garbed in my finest DPM, beret etc from customers; none of whom seem to know a damn thing about Armed Forces Day or wear uniform to work day, I'm just beginning to feel a mite paranoid.... have I been set up on a massive scale? 8O :? :oops:

Or could it be that the event is still in ints infancy and a certain singer of some repute has apparently died today? :roll:
Could be all 3 ;)

I'm taking part. I'm working from home and am sat here in my Number 2's, boots need a bit of work mind you

While speaking to a fellow stab last night (who has a fine ass, by the way), she hadn't heard of 'armed forces day' nor that memorable event - TA100.

Perhaps we should disband some more scalies and create 198 Advertising and ******** Regiment?

P.S. Wearing rig to work=SUCKER :D

I am sat here naked, with a sandbag on my head, no, sorry, wrong forum......

May as well be :roll:

msr

You are not alone...

My County Council client have (for better or for worse) nominated today as a Dress Down / Dress Up day, in aid of one of the Service charities. One hopes some co-workers can tell the difference but you never can tell...

Off home at lunchtime anyway, to my son's school's Special Mention.
:lol:
FP

BTW, one liner text MSG from the TAC on the subject yesterday, so not well promoted or promulgated...

oldcolt said:
Don't tell me.... you work at the TAC?! LOL :D
:lol: not quite, I work for a local authority.

Unfortunately most haven't heard about Armed Forces Day. Some have seen the AFD flag flying in front of the building for the last week, others have seen some coverage of TA soldiers working in their uniform, but most seem quite happy to live their lives in complete ignorance.

I'm not in work, but am in uniform as been collecting for Help for Heroes this morning during rush hour.

I might apply for a posting to the local recruiting office cos I've fielded questions (mainly from parents for their young lads/lasses at home) about trades, army life & the joining up/basic training experience. Lol.

Not worn uniform today (much to the disgust of a couple of colleagues who have) but I have discarded my usual tramp look and come in to work dressed as an officer. I am therefore wearing shoes of the type your uncle wore in the fifties and everything else clashes by way of colour, pattern or both. I think that qualifies me.

Comments from customers to date: (excludes odd looks from passers by)

"What the fcuk is going on!" A rather thick house seller who was sent a letter explaining EXACTLY what was going on a few days ago.

"Is it June 27th today?" Close, but no banana

"Oh! Are you in the TA?" Give that woman a biscuit! FFS :roll:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Letterwritingman Current Affairs, News and Analysis 8
MrPVRd Current Affairs, News and Analysis 45
Jip Travolta The Intelligence Cell 31