Am I seriously watching this interview with Gen Jackson??

Yes you are. And what a cracking use of IT! I hope the bloke in the background has good hands. By the sounds of it not though!

I wonder if that was another senior ex-gen doing the tried and tested lecture theatre/cinema trick of texting when inappropriate.

Either way, a little school-boy of the big man!

In_Tray said:
Yes you are. And what a cracking use of IT! I hope the bloke in the background has good hands. By the sounds of it not though!

I wonder if that was another senior ex-gen doing the tried and tested lecture theatre/cinema trick of texting when inappropriate.

Probably getting instructions from Mandleson

tropper66 said:
In_Tray said:

Probably getting instructions from Mandleson
Ha ha..

[Mandy 09.45] tone is down, big up brown [repy | delete | save]

RCT(V) said:
Donny said:
The Andrew Marr show is on BBC1, so try iPlayer.

Don
BBC ONE said:
The Andrew Marr Show

Availability: Sorry, this programme is not available to watch again. (why?)

Last broadcast today, 09:00 on BBC One.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lyxlk
As I said Mandleson is now probable threatening the BBC for not following the script he sent them, I wonder if Ms Flowers is still there next week

tropper66 said:
RCT(V) said:
Donny said:
The Andrew Marr show is on BBC1, so try iPlayer.

Don
BBC ONE said:
The Andrew Marr Show

Availability: Sorry, this programme is not available to watch again. (why?)

Last broadcast today, 09:00 on BBC One.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lyxlk
As I said Mandleson is now probable threatening the BBC for not following the script he sent them, I wonder if Ms Flowers is still there next week
Maybe, but probably because it has only just been broadcast so will be on iplayer later.

I saw the interview.

Gen Dannatt withdrew from the AM Show, so the Labour machine trots out the friendly General.

Call me cynical....

the_guru said:
I saw the interview.

Gen Dannatt withdrew from the AM Show, so the Labour machine trots out the friendly General.

Call me cynical....
That makes two of us, I was waiting for somone to bring up last weeks no-show by Dannert

Nah, he was squaring away his Twitter.

He didn't do a very good job of switching it off first time and the second time it went off he tried again, but gave up and threw it to the back of the studio. Obviously technology was not his strong point, but then when you have had staff doing everything for you for a big part of your career it is understandable. Never rated Jackson. In my opinion failed to step up to the plate and take responsibility for the Iraq fiasco. Dodged/hedged most of the important questions on the show. He is retired!

By the way, where the hell was the floor manager to take it from him?. I have been in that studio and watched the show when Frost did it and there was always somebody there who could have taken it from him. It must be the culture nowadays of bottling it and failing to use your initiative, so plainly seen in all walks of life.

StickyEnd said:
Maybe, but probably because it has only just been broadcast so will be on iplayer later.
You're right - it's there now. There's always some delay before live programmes appear on iPlayer.

Worth watching, if only as a demonstration of the technical prowess of the Army's (recent) top leadership. I wonder if the current or next CGS can turn their mobile on or off, or if they also need someone else to do it for them (after, in Jacko's case, throwing it at them). :roll:

Don

Are there others, besides me, who is completely unimpressed by Mike? One feels as if this is an "empty suit." Or is it just me?

tropper66 said:
That makes two of us, I was waiting for somone to bring up last weeks no-show by Dannert
Is that the wire or the person?