• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Am I sad?

#1
I've just been digging through my old kit no thanks to talking army alot these past few days.

Photos - A few souvenirs - 2 x A2 MAGS in an ammo pouch.

Now here is the possible sad bit.

I pulled out an old weapon cleaning kit. Stripped them down. Wiped off the old oil, dusted them off, re-oiled them lightly and stored them back in the pouch almost miming the words "Just incase" as I carefully placed them away and checked the pouch was closed.

I'm sorely tempted to re-shape my beret.

Is it just me???

:?
 
#2
Closet_Jibber said:
I've just been digging through my old kit no thanks to talking army alot these past few days.

Photos - A few souvenirs - 2 x A2 MAGS in an ammo pouch.

Now here is the possible sad bit.

I pulled out an old weapon cleaning kit. Stripped them down. Wiped off the old oil, dusted them off, re-oiled them lightly and stored them back in the pouch almost miming the words "Just incase" as I carefully placed them away and checked the pouch was closed.

Is it just me???

:?
http://www.samaritans.org/
 
#3
I often get my hexi telly out and brew up in the garden while in my shell scrape, for maximum fondness this should be done in the rain.
 
#5
Closet_Jibber said:
I pulled out an old weapon cleaning kit. Stripped them down. Wiped off the old oil, dusted them off, re-oiled them lightly and stored them back in the pouch almost miming the words "Just incase" as I carefully placed them away and checked the pouch was closed.


:?
Liar.
 
#6
FiveAlpha said:
Closet_Jibber said:
I pulled out an old weapon cleaning kit. Stripped them down. Wiped off the old oil, dusted them off, re-oiled them lightly and stored them back in the pouch almost miming the words "Just incase" as I carefully placed them away and checked the pouch was closed.


:?
Liar.
Once again, I can sense the lurrve in the NAAFI.

Closet-Fibber, if you feel the need to do that sort of stuff again, can you go round to my house and sort all that "Army" mullarky for me? I'll type you a letter as payment.
 
#7
Closet_Jibber said:
..."Just incase"...
Just in case what?

Just in case you also happen to stumble upon an A2 rifle, and then by some outrageous serendipity some ammo, just as the jihadis come over the horizon?

Are you sure you didn't just drink some old rifle oil that you found in your sock drawer?
 
#8
Sangreal said:
Closet_Jibber said:
..."Just incase"...
Just in case what?

Just in case you also happen to stumble upon an A2 rifle, and then by some outrageous serendipity some ammo, just as the jihadis come over the horizon?

Are you sure you didn't just drink some old rifle oil that you found in your sock drawer?
That wasn't rifle oil that was were I creamed off my drips after shagging his fat heffer of a wife
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#11
Yep, yessir, yeppers, yup, uhhuh, that's affirmative, sure, no doubt, doubtless, indeed, verily, absolutely, oh yeah, you can take that to the bank, you can hang your hat on that, true, is the pope a child molester?, sure as eggs is eggs, da, jah, oui, ja, да, sí, sim
 
#13
Seriously though, these are the first few steps towards Walt-dom. Reshaping your beret next, then wearing your old boots round the house. In a few weeks you'll be making fake military plates for your car and driving round with body armour on.
 
#14
dhgrainger1 said:
Seriously though, these are the first few steps towards Walt-dom. Reshaping your beret next, then wearing your old boots round the house. In a few weeks you'll be making fake military plates for your car and driving round with body armour on.
One can only hope :D
 
#15
Closet_Jibber said:
dhgrainger1 said:
Seriously though, these are the first few steps towards Walt-dom. Reshaping your beret next, then wearing your old boots round the house. In a few weeks you'll be making fake military plates for your car and driving round with body armour on.
One can only hope :D
Then the rest of the closet_jibber family will be out in the trenches and barbed wire entanglements on stag to keep the neighbours out,there will be kit inspections,lights out,a makeshift guardroom in the form of what used to be the shed and closet_jibber strutting around with his pace stick up his ar$e bellowing out orders.(or is that just me thinking too hard about this)
 
#16
twosugarsnomilk said:
Closet_Jibber said:
dhgrainger1 said:
Seriously though, these are the first few steps towards Walt-dom. Reshaping your beret next, then wearing your old boots round the house. In a few weeks you'll be making fake military plates for your car and driving round with body armour on.
One can only hope :D
Then the rest of the closet_jibber family will be out in the trenches and barbed wire entanglements on stag to keep the neighbours out,there will be kit inspections,lights out,a makeshift guardroom in the form of what used to be the shed and closet_jibber strutting around with his pace stick up his ar$e bellowing out orders.(or is that just me thinking too hard about this)
Your in my mind - Get Out... GET OUT I demand it!!!
 

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
#17
Closet_Jibber said:
Your in my mind - Get Out... GET OUT I demand it!!!
Jesus. Gather up your old tat and ask yourself...

Have I touched it for a year gone?

If yes, keep it.

If no, chuck it in the river.

If you define yourself by what you once were, well, we're all dribbling bairns innit?

Or you could sit and touch your A2 mags and stroke your ammo pouch. Maybe polish them. Post pics?

unf
 

Latest Threads