Am I in the poo?

If you are serving on the Emerald Isle and left earlier than you should have then yes, you can be expected to be in the poo. Work it out for yourself, i shall not discuss it on here. The key word is movements.

Dont you just love being RMP. We had this a couple of years ago where everyone was getting called in on rest days to do bone shit like tank moves that had been planned for weeks. People were sloping off on leave as rest days fell on week days and they had worked a week end.

If you put them down as leave days like you would for the weekend they came off your entitlement as they are working days to the rest of the army.

New badge came in and pulled the Pl Comds and SSgts in told them if you cant admin a platoon so blokes arent working their weekends after doing 72hr weeks then you will work it with them. Funny seemed to stop after that. Take it on the chin and think of the money.

Been out of the loop for a long time, and things may well have changed, but leave passes starting at a weekend (rather than mid-week) always used to run from after duties on a Friday to first parade on the Monday. So, for a "weeks leave" you officially used nine days of your entitlement. If you got on well enough with your Orderly Room they may only take the seven but the point is, when you put in a leave pass, weekends counted off your entitlement

Unless that's changed, saying that rest days are "only like weekends" means that those two days should have come off your entitlement, otherwise those on shifts are getting a much better deal than all the rest.

Take it on the chin, accept any (reasonable) punishment and avoid gaining a name for yourself ;)

Does that mean, when they advertise to us new ones, that the 30 days annual leave, means you have to take your weekends as leave? (As part of a holiday, not every weekend!) So you can only take 3 full weeks off a year, plus a few spare days?

Or am I confused?

"New badge came in and pulled the Pl Comds and SSgts in told them if you cant admin a platoon so blokes arent working their weekends after doing 72hr weeks then you will work it with them. Funny seemed to stop after that."

True leadership.

spunkymonkey said:
Been out of the loop for a long time, and things may well have changed, but leave passes starting at a weekend (rather than mid-week) always used to run from after duties on a Friday to first parade on the Monday. So, for a "weeks leave" you officially used nine days of your entitlement. If you got on well enough with your Orderly Room they may only take the seven but the point is, when you put in a leave pass, weekends counted off your entitlement

Unless that's changed, saying that rest days are "only like weekends" means that those two days should have come off your entitlement, otherwise those on shifts are getting a much better deal than all the rest.

Take it on the chin, accept any (reasonable) punishment and avoid gaining a name for yourself ;)
Things have changed - you only get docked working days now so AD Fri to FP a week on Mon costs 5 days "leave" - leave (Authorised absence) for shift workers takes a bit of juggling by the clerks (HR Admin) to get right..

Dunno sounds like his PC was a throbber what if he'd had no leave at the end of the rest days and just gone home for a couple of days and come back for duty would he still be in poo, either they are rest days or they aren't. But at the end of the he's a monkey so who gives a shite.

What you should have done when you submitted your leave pass was include the 2 rest days within the leave dates then, where it says No: of days leave taken, minus the 2 from the total as you would weekends.
AJ

monkey104 said:
What you should have done when you submitted your leave pass was include the 2 rest days within the leave dates then, where it says No: of days leave taken, minus the 2 from the total as you would weekends.
AJ
Leave pass, that is so yesteryear, we have JPA now and it won't allow you to do that unless those days are actually on a weekend.

JPA does not allow you to do much unless you press Ctrl, Alt, Alt, %.

Have you tried to input preferance postings yet??

Red_Brick_Building said:

My current preference posting is down as somewhere in the army, somewhere in the UK. So the lottery of postings will continue!

Jimima

Jimima_Shark said:
Red_Brick_Building said:

My current preference posting is down as somewhere in the army, somewhere in the UK. So the lottery of postings will continue!

Jimima
I've learned not to ask for anywhere unless you really don't want to go there.

Asked for Germany - Got Northern Ireland
Asked for Cattrick - Got Germany
Asked for Northern Ireland - Got Colchester

Why do I bother.

RMP MCM DIV are a bunch of funny buggers, I once asked for the Island of Cyprus, but ended up in another Ireland !!..laughed for 3 years on that one !!..