Am I in the poo?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by gorilla, Sep 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here's the story, I have 2 weeks leave, prior to this I have 2 rest days, so I got an early ferry on the first day, sorted out all the admin before I left.
    Pl Comd apparrently wants to speak to me now so:

a. Have I done anything wrong
    b. How bad is it
    c. Whats the worst that could happen

Many thanks
  2. WTF are 'rest days'?
  3. I work shifts, basically I work 1x training day (0830-1630), 2x Earlies (0830-1430), 2 mids (1430-2230), 2x lates (2230-0830), 3x rest days, that I can do what I want with them.
    Question answered?
  4. IMHO these rest days would be the same as 'bedtime', i.e. in practice you are still available for duty.
    You may be mildly in the cack.
  5. Nah feck it, you're fine
  6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I assume that as you work a 10-day shift cycle, your "Rest days" are in lieu of normal weekends, yes?

In which case, the PC should have had his own admin squared away sufficiently to not have to call you in on the weekend your leave starts. I'd say you're fine, unless you are under specific instructions that you are still to be "on call" during your rest days.
  7. could be a promotion!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Doubtful, he has me on his hit list
  9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

A further thought - what does your leave pass say? If it's "After Duties" from your last shift, you're fine. If it's after duties from your third rest day, you're boned.
  10. Apparently he wants to speak to me because I went on leave early
  11. how early????
  12. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Define early.

If as I said, your rest days are in lieu of weekends, then your leave pass should be for "After Duties your last shift". In which case you're fine.

If you are specifically supposed to be available during your rest days, your leave pass should reflect this, and be for "after duties, your final rest day". In which case you're boned.

Under a normal rest day, are you allowed to clear off anywhere you want?
  13. 2 days- rest days, on the roster it is 2 rest days then my leave starts.
    If I am in the poo, how bad is it 1-10, 10 being frog marched to the Glasshouse.
  14. Take 4 extras and make him coffee for the next 6 months.
  15. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

So I assume your leave pass reflects the fact that your leave starts after duties, from the end of your second rest day. Yes?