Am I in the bracket?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Tescos, Jan 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

A quick simple question for those in the know.

I am CSEngr of 7 years. I was promoted to Cpl on the last board but have yet to do my CLM, therefore I am a substantive LCpl, A/Cpl.

I fall under the 6-8 year CSEngr LCpl bracket, but does my selection for promotion mean I will be considered as a Cpl and therefore I would not come under any bracket on this tranche?

I have read the DIN and it says you will be considered for redundancy at your substantive rank as of today, which would be LCpl, but I have not had a call from my OC.

Advice much appreciated.

2. 123

123 LE

Sounds like you've answered your own question really

3. That's why I am confused that I have not had "the call". People of my trade and with the same LoS who are LCpls have all had it.

4. You need to re read the DIN you will be considered in you new sub rank ( what it will be after your CLM) so unless you loose your acting rank before march you will not be considered. Your unit should have already answered this for you. Hope this helps.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Start packing your bags now princess....

6. Cheers thelazybiker.

"New" being the key word. I asked my unit this question and none could answer...

7. Heres an idea go up to your ******* lazy RCMO ( if he's not career laughing or redundancy laughing and eating crossiants with the CO in the mess) and ask him to ring up APC Manning div and all your dreams and wishes will be answered...

8. I smell bitterness clarice!!!!Pass me the chianti...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Having read the DIN, I can confirm this is true.

10. Maybe he has a point?

11. I wish I was in the bracket, but the army has deemed me too witty, charming, and handsome, to be made redundant. It's hard being so wanted.

12. You're a sprog Spec Op?