Am i going to get barred?

kimmy2014

Swinger
Evening, I applied for regulars last year when there was the issue with captia etc. I am re activating my application but am now worried i will get barred. I am allergic to rabbits. In December last year i stupidly got one for my little boy thinking i would get used to it. I didn't and developed a chest infection from the reaction to living with the rabbit. I went to the doctors and he gave me a blue ventolin inhaler to help get rid of the infection and open up my chest. Im 25 and have never had one before or since. Even though i don't have asthma and was given the inhaler for a chest infection caused by allergy to the rabbit will i get an instant bar for 4 years because of that one prescription? I will be too old to join in 4 years time. I joined the TA in 2010 and passed the medicals and fitness will that help? I fell pregnant shortly after selection so dropped out. If i see my gp and make sure they write notes saying it was a one time thing would that also help? Any advice would be appreciated especially if anyone has had this problem before and if you got it waivered. Thanks in advance.

jonnopne21

Old-Salt
are you going in the royal army veterinary corps because they don't have squadron's full of rabbits
so you should be ok, on your medical they will ask you if your taking medication just tell them and let them decide its reet....

kimmy2014

Swinger
Hehe no not going for veterinary corp. I'd like to become a CMT. Im just worried about the one off ventolin prescription and being written off straight away as an asthmatic when im not.

jonnopne21

Old-Salt
Carry more tents thats what cmt means and you will... You should be ok maybe go down to the army recruitment office and have a word with them just to keep your mind a ease good luck anyway

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Allergic to rabbits.

A little bit of wee just fell out.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
The Emperor Napoleon was once defeated by rabbits, and sent running for his life.
If he'd had his ponies with him, they would have protected him.

Allergic to rabbits. Can I put that in my "Stuff What Makes Me Laugh" list?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
if you use the search function you'll find the answer you need

"jsp 950" and "all medical"

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Dont apply for your commando course on the survival phase... or nor the SERE or SF course...

Would it affect your application.... I doubt it

Allergic to rabbits.

A little bit of wee just fell out.

Allergy or dependency, one way or another, it's a hard one.

On a serious note, back to the OP...

If you're allergic to rabbits, wouldn't you be better off avoiding training areas? Like airfields, they're teeming with them. Wouldn't you be better looking to the Navy if you want a career in the Armed Services?

Yes, you'll get barred.

If you're daft enough to tell them.

Seriously, keeping this under (or in) your hat is not in the same league as failing to mention that you only have one leg. Normally I'm all in favour of honesty as the best policy, but if you mention this you risk having your application rejected unnecessarily by some box-ticker.

kimmy2014

Swinger
Im ok outside with rabbits. I only start to feel the allergy if im in a room with them/hold them/eat them etc. Am going to go to my GP tomorrow and see if he will write a note on my file categorically stating I do not have asthma and the inhaler was given for one off infection caused by allergy to pet rabbit. Praying it will stop me from getting binned.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Must stop laughing.

Must stop laughing.

kimmy2014

Swinger
If I keep it quiet wont I get found out eventually? As they go through my records thoroughly from my GP don't they? On the form one im not going to declare it though as you are right I don't want to get ticked off without being able to explain it to a doctors face.

Latest Threads