Am I going down?

Biscuits_Brown said:
Flagged down a taxi tonight.

He dropped me home and asked for fifteen quid. Usual fare for the journey is five to seven.

I remonstrated with him and he got a bit bolshy, culminating with him hitting the central lock.. At which point I sank the head a couple of times, rather obviously busting his nose and grabbed him by the neck instructing him to open the door.

Which he did.

I threw a fiver at him, for the fare.

He drove off shoutig that he was on his way to the cop-shop to dob me in.

Chances of going down???

:lol:
I reckon you are ok on two fronts:

1. Assuming that this was a private hire that you managed to flag down (due to lack of barrier betwen you and the driver), he shouldn't have picked you up (no insurance etc), so is unlikely to go to the old bill..

2. As he actually said he was going to the old bill, as opposed to getting some DIRA/INLA nutter to reform your knees suggests that he wasn't paying 'taxes' to the at least one group of nutters...

the only problem is that he is driving for a company that ahem, contributes to the other group i.e. the loyalist nutters.... Then you are farked :wink:

The13thDukeOfWybourne said:
If you go any where in a taxi in Thailand, the drivers don't expect paying until they pick you up on return journey. Que lots of cheap taxi rides. Leslie Grantham had a way of dealing with sh1tbag taxi drivers.
I got into a Taxi in Thailand, and the driver turned to me and said "You wouldn't beleive me mate but I had Gary Glitter in the back yesterday" etc....

rickshaw-coolie said:
i remember you now discodan your the fella who couldnt pass his taxi test and vowed to take revenge on those nasty clever men who can read
lol dont need a taxi test with sefton council... they have satnav :D

Markintime said:
intergeri said:
Markintime said:
intergeri said:
Markintime said:
intergeri said:
Markintime said:
intergeri said:
i take it ur taxi's don't have partitions between driver and passenger? i thought it was just standard practise in taxis now :?
Since I'm quite sure that you don't really want to come across as a right mong I've taken the trouble to turn your post into English.

I take it your taxis don't have partitions between driver and passenger? I thought it was just standard practice in taxis now?
Sorry sir, :oops: so what is it then?
Detention?
100 lines? I must make sure my posts are grammatically correct and spell checked? :)
It would certainly make you look smarter!! ;)
So do you inspect everyone's posts with a magnifying glass or just mine? I suppose I could write the whole thing in a Scot's accent, give you something to do? You could proofread everything for me 1st if you want?
I bet when you write you draw little hearts over your i instead of dots don't you?

BTW your work is already showing a marked improvement, well done! ;)
For your information I actually put smiley faces above my i's not hearts. I'm glad you have noticed the fact that I am now typing very slowly to avoid mistakes and am reading it through 1st before pressing submit. :lol:
My work is done here.
Pedantry would suggest the quote is 'my work here is done'...

captaincalamity said:
Markintime said:
intergeri said:
Markintime said:
intergeri said:
Markintime said:
intergeri said:
Markintime said:
intergeri said:
i take it ur taxi's don't have partitions between driver and passenger? i thought it was just standard practise in taxis now :?
Since I'm quite sure that you don't really want to come across as a right mong I've taken the trouble to turn your post into English.

I take it your taxis don't have partitions between driver and passenger? I thought it was just standard practice in taxis now?
Sorry sir, :oops: so what is it then?
Detention?
100 lines? I must make sure my posts are grammatically correct and spell checked? :)
It would certainly make you look smarter!! ;)
So do you inspect everyone's posts with a magnifying glass or just mine? I suppose I could write the whole thing in a Scot's accent, give you something to do? You could proofread everything for me 1st if you want?
I bet when you write you draw little hearts over your i instead of dots don't you?

BTW your work is already showing a marked improvement, well done! ;)
For your information I actually put smiley faces above my i's not hearts. I'm glad you have noticed the fact that I am now typing very slowly to avoid mistakes and am reading it through 1st before pressing submit. :lol:
My work is done here.
Pedantry would suggest the quote is 'my work here is done'...
and pedantry would be correct, thank you for your input. I suppose that your work here is done. ;)

Why not just dial the taxi firm yourself. Ask them to estimate the cost of the journey before you get in the cab then get in it.

Alternatively if its a hackney say "Excuse me old bean, how much to suchaplace?"

Is that "a driver of a black hack", or "a black hack driver"?

www.pedants-r-us.com

BTW, got a private hire cab on Friday night in Glasgow. Fare was £6.00. Only had about £4.00 change plus a £20. He took the change and said "Merry Christmas."

When I woke up, I had a hangover, so I know it wasnt a dream.

If you think taxi drivers are bad, try policemen. Bast*rds.

Did I tell you about the policeman who shagged my ex? See various previous threads and posts for full details.