am i entitled to wear blues

#1
Hi everyone
just stumbled on this site looking for some info so i thought if i posted the question i would get some good answers.
I use to serve in the royal engineers as a TA soldier and spent 11 brilliant years including 1 year called up.
now sadly i have left about 4 years ago and this year would like to get married in blues and show off my jubilee medal as well
my intended best man was also a TA soldier for 10 years and we served in the same regiment
Question is, Are we still entitled to wear blues now we have stopped serving
Im thinking along the lines of soldiers who attend parades like remembrance and such like that still wear their uniforms and medals
there is no way on earth that we would wear them if we thought we were not entitled to so a few comments would be most helpful
thanks
Andy
 
#2
andy12345 said:
Hi everyone
just stumbled on this site looking for some info so i thought if i posted the question i would get some good answers.
I use to serve in the royal engineers as a TA soldier and spent 11 brilliant years including 1 year called up.
now sadly i have left about 4 years ago and this year would like to get married in blues and show off my jubilee medal as well
my intended best man was also a TA soldier for 10 years and we served in the same regiment
Question is, Are we still entitled to wear blues now we have stopped serving
Im thinking along the lines of soldiers who attend parades like remembrance and such like that still wear their uniforms and medals
there is no way on earth that we would wear them if we thought we were not entitled to so a few comments would be most helpful
thanks
Andy

If you had served as a policeman years ago then left the service would you rock up to the wedding dressed as Old Bill?

Didn't think so, therefore stop big timing it you STAB loser.

So just to summarise, NO YOU CAN'T.
 
#3
WAH, I claim the finder's call fee of £5, hole and endex.
 
#4
andy12345 said:
Hi everyone
just stumbled on this site looking for some info so i thought if i posted the question i would get some good answers.
I use to serve in the royal engineers as a TA soldier and spent 11 brilliant years including 1 year called up.
now sadly i have left about 4 years ago and this year would like to get married in blues and show off my jubilee medal as well
my intended best man was also a TA soldier for 10 years and we served in the same regiment
Question is, Are we still entitled to wear blues now we have stopped serving
Im thinking along the lines of soldiers who attend parades like remembrance and such like that still wear their uniforms and medals
there is no way on earth that we would wear them if we thought we were not entitled to so a few comments would be most helpful
thanks
Andy
Bad idea. You're a civvy now. Smart suit and RE tie.
 
#7
Why don't you wear a kilt instead? No?

You are not Scots then? You are not in the forces either?

Next!
 
#8
You are no longer entitled to wear blues.

But that doesn't mean you can't listen to them at the reception.
 
#10
You should turn up in your school uniform due to the fact that you served 11 years in said service and wear your school prefects medal if you want. Oh and no you can`t wear blues.
 
#11
fridge_magnet said:
If you got called up for a year, how come you only have the jubilee medal?
The Battle of Jubilee was a damn close run thing!
 
#12
DarkNinja said:
fridge_magnet said:
If you got called up for a year, how come you only have the jubilee medal?
The Battle of Jubilee was a damn close run thing!
It's no better or worse than any other London underground line.
 
#13
This is another poor WAH, these are the reasons,

1. New poster - First post!

2. "and show off my jubilee medal as well" - Why?

3. just stumbled on this site looking for some info - Really more like a a user logged on in a ew name got bored and logged on with a new ane!

4. Im thinking along the lines of soldiers who attend parades like remembrance and such like that still wear their uniforms and medals - when does this happen ( excluding walts of course)! - Really

And because its a very poor WAH
 
#14
fridge_magnet said:
If you got called up for a year, how come you only have the jubilee medal?
Not worth the debate an obvious WAH, we could however post suggestions as to what he should do with his "Battle of Golden Jubilee" medal.
 
#16
andy12345 said:
Hi everyone
just stumbled on this site looking for some info so i thought if i posted the question i would get some good answers.
I use to serve in the royal engineers as a TA soldier and spent 11 brilliant years including 1 year called up.
now sadly i have left about 4 years ago and this year would like to get married in blues and show off my jubilee medal as well
my intended best man was also a TA soldier for 10 years and we served in the same regiment
Question is, Are we still entitled to wear blues now we have stopped serving
Im thinking along the lines of soldiers who attend parades like remembrance and such like that still wear their uniforms and medals
there is no way on earth that we would wear them if we thought we were not entitled to so a few comments would be most helpful
thanks
Andy
Having just read all the comment's the best thing you can do is IGNORE THEM ALL

JUST DON'T GET BLOODY MARRIED
 
#17
Blues walt.
 
#19
3_Peco_Seconds_GO said:
STILTS said:
2. "and show off my jubilee medal as well" - Why?
Becuase he want to pretend its for been the second man on the balcony medal ...
He can't have been. That was me.
 
#20
mistersoft said:
3_Peco_Seconds_GO said:
STILTS said:
2. "and show off my jubilee medal as well" - Why?
Becuase he want to pretend its for been the second man on the balcony medal ...
He can't have been. That was me.
I can vouch for that, I standing next to him, I was dressed in black with ski mask over my mush!!!
 

Latest Threads

Top