am i entitled to wear blues

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by andy12345, Feb 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone
    just stumbled on this site looking for some info so i thought if i posted the question i would get some good answers.
    I use to serve in the royal engineers as a TA soldier and spent 11 brilliant years including 1 year called up.
    now sadly i have left about 4 years ago and this year would like to get married in blues and show off my jubilee medal as well
    my intended best man was also a TA soldier for 10 years and we served in the same regiment
    Question is, Are we still entitled to wear blues now we have stopped serving
    Im thinking along the lines of soldiers who attend parades like remembrance and such like that still wear their uniforms and medals
    there is no way on earth that we would wear them if we thought we were not entitled to so a few comments would be most helpful
    thanks
    Andy

2. If you had served as a policeman years ago then left the service would you rock up to the wedding dressed as Old Bill?

Didn't think so, therefore stop big timing it you STAB loser.

So just to summarise, NO YOU CAN'T.

3. WAH, I claim the finder's call fee of £5, hole and endex.

4. Bad idea. You're a civvy now. Smart suit and RE tie.

5. Wah shield up.

No. It's chippy and wrong

Wah shield down.

6. Your entitled to feck off, i know that.

7. Why don't you wear a kilt instead? No?

You are not Scots then? You are not in the forces either?

Next!

8. You are no longer entitled to wear blues.

But that doesn't mean you can't listen to them at the reception.

9. If you got called up for a year, how come you only have the jubilee medal?

10. You should turn up in your school uniform due to the fact that you served 11 years in said service and wear your school prefects medal if you want. Oh and no you can`t wear blues.

11. The Battle of Jubilee was a damn close run thing!

12. It's no better or worse than any other London underground line.

13. This is another poor WAH, these are the reasons,

1. New poster - First post!

2. "and show off my jubilee medal as well" - Why?

3. just stumbled on this site looking for some info - Really more like a a user logged on in a ew name got bored and logged on with a new ane!

4. Im thinking along the lines of soldiers who attend parades like remembrance and such like that still wear their uniforms and medals - when does this happen ( excluding walts of course)! - Really

And because its a very poor WAH

14. Not worth the debate an obvious WAH, we could however post suggestions as to what he should do with his "Battle of Golden Jubilee" medal.

15. The answer is no and Wah