Am I Doing Things Wrong?

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by themalky, Jul 19, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just got back from a shindig ( Friday PM) and already my head hurts!!!!!!!!.

Question, should I be taking the buffen before I partake or
    should I stay on the coke (non snorting kind thank you very much!)
    or
    look for an LE commision ;D ??? :p :-[

Those that know me would not NORMALLY call me a wuss - before the accusations start!
    Suggestions please to:

OW MY F***ING HEAD HUIRTS@reme. WUSS.CO.UK

2. Best cure is to go sick feign an asthma attack and wait to be put onto the oxygen, there is no finer cure as any medic will tell you, if they are allowed to play with the gas cylinders that is

3. The best suggestion is to drink at least one pint of water (preferably 2) before you go to bed.  This rehydrates your body (including the brain) and stops it hurting in the morning.  Voila, problem solved..........oh, by the way, there is one unfortunate side affect....you will probably lag the bed!!!

[​IMG]

4. Sound advice undertaker but you are right about the side effects :(

5. AS THE SLOGAN OF THE FIRKIN BREWERY SAYS "USQUE AD MORTUM BIBENDUM" DRINK TILL YOU DIE. THEN YOU HAVE NO HANGOVER AND DIE WITH A KNIGHTHOOD.. SIR OSIS OF THE LIVER...

6. My sister's a Doctor and tells this story of a young JHO's hangover cure which was to pop a line into his arm and rig himself up to a litre of saline overnight to overcome the effects, he threw the bag on top of teh wardrobe.

One night having set himself up he crashed out in bed safe in the knowledge that he'll wake up bright as a button.

However on this occasion as the bag emptied and became lighter it slipped off the wardrobe and fell on the floor beneath the bed. The ingoing line became a siphon and he leached circa half a litre of claret into the bag.

Our man wakes up with the worst hangover of his life with no body fluids and piss like road tar......

7. You want to try those rehydrating drinks you give to kiddies when they've been poorly. Apparently it replenishes the salts and minerals you've lost. Taste awful though!

8. Brufen before you start and a brufen with the pint of water when you get in, helps reduce the swelling of the brain caused by the dehydration. or dont drink!!

S-D

9. But as you can see.........it slows down your reaction time.

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Drink 3 pints of water to guarentee no hangover- you just swamp instead!

11. Ah, the good old days!

And waking up to the cold kebab you left in your jacket pocket!

12. I trust said Kebab was the compass variety that you used to navigate your way back to your pit! (It's not the length of the road that bothers me it's the fecking width!) :wink:

13. was normally a curry in my day, kebabs were not really around in Uk then :wink:

14. Curry is always the best solution. The hotter the better, with a big drink of ice cold water followed by a few hours on the sofa. Dessert is an ice lolly of the plain variety. After all this you will be sorted - I do this at least twice a week - just grateful the curry man delivers.

Oh and numerous trips to the loo also, don't know why I poo more when I'm hungover - anyone got ideas? (Maybe 4 times in one day)!!

Going to be awkward at Twickers for all this pooing :)

15. Water, water and more water.
    Before, after , and the next day.

Food before isn't a bad idea either.