Am I being foolish to believe he really is a 'good boy'?

Been dating a royal marine for about 9months; while we speak almost everyday we only get to see each other every couple of months. At first this was due to deployments, he said things would get better once he was back in the UK, but now he's back and things haven't changed for the better. We are long distance in the UK, he's based in Plymouth and I'm in the Midlands. I've been faithful and committed to him, he's spent time with my children who are growing fond of him. I love him dearly, and I've hopes for a future together, but doubts are filling my mind.

He says he loves me and misses me and that he's a 'good boy' while away from me. However, since being back in the UK he goes silent every weekend, I receive less messages generally, less pictures, no more voice messages, no more videos, no more good mornings or goodnights, no more dirty talk, no more banter. He'll ignore my messages for hours even days at a time and yet still be active on fb making friends with girls in his area. He won't connect with me on fb to show he's a taken man.

He said all he's doing is training for fitness tests at the moment so what could possibly stop him coming to see me? I suggested travelling to see him one weekend and he freaked suggesting we go camping one weekend instead, but didn't mention when. I haven't seen him in six weeks and have no idea when I will again.

Am I overthinking this or being very foolish to think he really is being true to me? Are the nightmares of his leg over every slag in Plymouth closer to reality?

In your own time go on......

Do you really need confirmation from strangers online?

Been dating a royal marine for about 9months; while we speak almost everyday we only get to see each other every couple of months. At first this was due to deployments, he said things would get better once he was back in the UK, but now he's back and things haven't changed for the better. We are long distance in the UK, he's based in Plymouth and I'm in the Midlands. I've been faithful and committed to him, he's spent time with my children who are growing fond of him. I love him dearly, and I've hopes for a future together, but doubts are filling my mind.

He says he loves me and misses me and that he's a 'good boy' while away from me. However, since being back in the UK he goes silent every weekend, I receive less messages generally, less pictures, no more voice messages, no more videos, no more good mornings or goodnights, no more dirty talk, no more banter. He'll ignore my messages for hours even days at a time and yet still be active on fb making friends with girls in his area. He won't connect with me on fb to show he's a taken man.

He said all he's doing is training for fitness tests at the moment so what could possibly stop him coming to see me? I suggested travelling to see him one weekend and he freaked suggesting we go camping one weekend instead, but didn't mention when. I haven't seen him in six weeks and have no idea when I will again.

Am I overthinking this or being very foolish to think he really is being true to me? Are the nightmares of his leg over every slag in Plymouth closer to reality?
It will be fine up until the point he starts wearing your knickers, I can guarantee that this will happen.

Hmm.. Perhaps he's waiting for you to pay him a nice "surprise visit" by going down to Plymouth complete with your children on Friday afternoon and meet him at the gates :oops:
or perhaps not:crying:

The consensus seems to be that he is married but I feel it is too early to rule out the possibility that she is just too ugly to introduce to his mates.

I'd cut him off and move on. Warn him first though, just in case he's not realising what is happening.