ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Am I being foolish to believe he really is a 'good boy'?

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by notallrosesarered, Jun 13, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been dating a royal marine for about 9months; while we speak almost everyday we only get to see each other every couple of months. At first this was due to deployments, he said things would get better once he was back in the UK, but now he's back and things haven't changed for the better. We are long distance in the UK, he's based in Plymouth and I'm in the Midlands. I've been faithful and committed to him, he's spent time with my children who are growing fond of him. I love him dearly, and I've hopes for a future together, but doubts are filling my mind.

He says he loves me and misses me and that he's a 'good boy' while away from me. However, since being back in the UK he goes silent every weekend, I receive less messages generally, less pictures, no more voice messages, no more videos, no more good mornings or goodnights, no more dirty talk, no more banter. He'll ignore my messages for hours even days at a time and yet still be active on fb making friends with girls in his area. He won't connect with me on fb to show he's a taken man.

He said all he's doing is training for fitness tests at the moment so what could possibly stop him coming to see me? I suggested travelling to see him one weekend and he freaked suggesting we go camping one weekend instead, but didn't mention when. I haven't seen him in six weeks and have no idea when I will again.

Am I overthinking this or being very foolish to think he really is being true to me? Are the nightmares of his leg over every slag in Plymouth closer to reality?

• Excellent Topic x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Show again braincell x 1
  2. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 34
    • Like Like x 10
  3. I'd say he's married.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. In your own time go on......

5. Do you really need confirmation from strangers online?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I would bet a shiny ten bob bit that he is married.

• Like Like x 4
  7. 7/2 he's married. Bugger beaten to it.

8. Helm

Helm LE Book Reviewer

It's a bootie so I'm going with
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Perhaps he is concentrating on his job and enjoying his life.

10. Really?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. It will be fine up until the point he starts wearing your knickers, I can guarantee that this will happen.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. Hmm.. Perhaps he's waiting for you to pay him a nice "surprise visit" by going down to Plymouth complete with your children on Friday afternoon and meet him at the gates :oops:
    or perhaps not:crying:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. It's true: a bloke down the pub's brother works with a geezer who's friend prints dictionaries or he might be a painter.

But it's true, honour bright.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Look love I told you that it was casual so get used to it.

• Funny Funny x 20
    • Like Like x 1