Am I an unreasonable parent ?

This was something that played on my mind , the daughter said the lad organising it is loaded and is paying for everything ,suspicious, she`s now calmed down after being told she`s not going.
Do you know the lad concerned? If not, that's a horse of a different colour. Even if he is just an innocent muppet out to impress, teenage boys, money and teenage girls are highly likely to be a drama magnet.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This thread got me all nostalgic thinking of some of the lucky interventions I've had.

Dark O'Clock, once passed a young girl dressed like a hooker. Bit of a sway about her, so my neebs and I decided to see where she was off to.

She kept stopping guys and speaking to them, we thought she was a child prossie for a minute.

Then off down the Clyde she went, same script, but this time two Asian males had clocked her and were walking behind her, before moving up to speak with her. One slips his arm around her waist.

We were in plainers so moved in at that point. She'd been out drinking with friends, got blitzed, split from them and was trying to beg money to get home.

Came from good home, family thought she was staying at friends. Gave the parents both subtle barrels after they were a bit miffed and put out we'd brought her home and ruined their night.

"Had she done anything wrong officer?"
"Apart from a bit of underage drinking, no."
"So why have you brought her back?"
"Welfare of a minor, but also, ending up a rape victim can have a real detriment to their life."

Morons.

While you folks may say 16 is the age of majority it really is not. She lives in his house and she does not pay her bills. Welcome to she is not an independent adult, capable of making rational decisions all the time. Capt D is correct in his assessment and he knows her better than we do.
I best go tell the army to stop recruiting child soldiers then.

I lived in South London near to the Elephant and castle for nearly 5 years. I was constantly aware of who was doing what, got followed by young black lads a few times. Had one try to rob me (I think he was a beginner) I laughed at him and told him to feck off.

London is no place for a young kid from the sticks. It WILL end in tears if they wander even one street into the wrong area.

"1989 Children Act This Act was a landmark law, redefining the relationship between parent and child. It changed the previous emphasis from one of duty and rights of the parent to one of responsibilities. The Act uses the concept of ‘parental responsibility’ to describe the rights, duties, powers, responsibilities and authority parents have for their child. In this Act, a child is a person under the age of 18. "

A bit wishy washy but its a Gov doc A parents’ guide to the law
And?

Some of the soppy bollocks you weepy eyed fannies are coming out with, is drama queen standard.

On the other threads there is all sorts of stories about people joining junior leaders, camping out as kids, etc made me the man I was today. Yet some bint wants to go to London with her mates (a bint who can legally have sex, join the army etc etc) and the thread descends in to Daily Mail horror story about the dangers of the boogiemen stalking children.

I wonder if they don’t have plans in place to stop that practice.
They don't, because not everyone in the UK gets hysterical over London. On any weekend on rail mainline routes into London you see loads of teenagers travelling without them all turning into drug dealing, knife wielding criminals.

And?

Some of the soppy bollocks you weepy eyed fannies are coming out with, is drama queen standard.

On the other threads there is all sorts of stories about people joining junior leaders, camping out as kids, etc made me the man I was today yet some bint wants to go to London with her mates (a bint who can legally have sex, join the army etc etc) and the thread descends in to Daily Mail horror story about the dangers of the boogiemen stalking children.
Yup and were you prepared to deal with the real world and problems associated with it? Rural folks might as well have a glowing neon sign above their heads in the big city.

There are 17 year old girls who have completed Pirbright and Deepcut Training and are now at their regular unit. I'm pretty sure when I went through training, there were 16 year olds as well. The world didn't end.

Although the naive slags were/are fucked daily.
Something to fill every parent with horror, disgust and shame - their little kid joining the RLC.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Something to fill every parent with horror, disgust and shame - their little kid joining the RLC.
Daughter: "Dad, I took six cocks last week. Three at the same time"
Dad: "All part of being a woman."
Daughter: "I also joined the RLC"
Dad: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

And?

On the other threads there is all sorts of stories about people joining junior leaders, camping out as kids, etc made me the man I was today. Yet some bint wants to go to London with her mates (a bint who can legally have sex, join the army etc etc) and the thread descends in to Daily Mail horror story about the dangers of the boogiemen stalking children.
You sound like you are concerned that your supply of naive kids visiting the big smoke may dry up if enough parents find out what you are up to.

Yup and were you prepared to deal with the real world and problems associated with it? Rural folks might as well have a glowing neon sign above their heads in the big city.
Aye they all point at aeroplanes and burn witches.
Literally millions of young people travel to London every year.

You sound like you are concerned that your supply of naive kids visiting the big smoke may dry up if enough parents find out what you are up to.
You sound like you don't trust your daughter to avoid being spit roasted by two well endowed black gentlemen.

It's great mate. You get to fuck all the 17 year old female virgins.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Aye they all point at aeroplanes and burn witches.
Literally millions of young people travel to London every year.
Perhaps when you have a family of your own to look after, you might change your views slightly
Being a father is one of the hardest jobs in the world
thats why so many fail !
I have four daughters who are all doing well despite a few difficulties !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D The NAAFI Bar 35
Blogg The NAAFI Bar 387
JoeyDeacon The NAAFI Bar 47