Am I an unreasonable parent ?

Ok folks here is my question.

What 16 year old has that kind of money to get down and back, go to a concert and rent a hotel room?? I was lucky if I had money for gas and could take the gf to a movie and ice cream.

I grew up in SE London and used to go out to gigs and pubs at 16 (in the early 1990's) As long as you went out as a group, kept your wits about you and did not get shit faced it was ok.
BUT we would always run into tourist teens out on the piss with "victim" written all over them. No common scene, gullible as fuck and with predators circling them for easy pickings. All the time, without fail, shit happens.

Your daughter and her friends will stick out like a sore thumb, as said above there are gangs that like to rape young girls. Not worth the risk these days. Offer her a better night out/treat instead.

The idea of a bunch of parents doing CP on their kids walking through London without the kids spotting them is leaving me in tears of laughter.

******* brilliant.

OP hitting out with various VP whereas the rest no-serves have no idea what the **** he's talking about, and one parent in particular keeps going 'Kkkzzzchhhh' before each radio transmission.

Oh god.. the OP kitting them out with PRC349s. :clap:
Funny in a film. Like you I can imagine that scenario.

I can't comment on controlling the life of a daughter as I don't have one.
Our eldest son is now 40, we went through all of this worry, lads are far more likely to end up on the wrong end of a blade. Even now, when he announces that he is going out with his mates on the lash we worry, and he is a happily married man with children. I'm glad we invested in enrolling him in taekwondo/field hockey and he turned out able to defend himself and those around him.
However, it still worries us as he is the white knight sort and would intervene when it has nothing to do with him. He is a giant though so we have some confidence.
My point is, no matter how your children are prepared, there is always a bigger threat and as a good parent, you should always worry.
With today's technology, I would agree to letting her go on the proviso that you track her movements on the phone and insist she calls on arrival and in the morning.
I'll be on my deathbed worrying that my kids won't be able to deal with life, I suppose that is what being a parent is all about.

Although your daughter may think you're a crap parent now, it's what's known as tough love. When SWMBO and I came back from a night out I would walk the babysitter home, even although it was only a few hundred yards. (To satisfy all my fellow pervs on here, yes female, yes attractive, yes, in anticipation of "I would" shag anything from our dad's army walt, IF I was single and had half a chance, and NO there are no photo's!}

One night whilst walking her home, she asked me why I did so when it was only a short distance. I explained, although this was late at night/early am, the brown stuff can happen anytime anywhere. I confessed to having a conscience. If something had happened to her I would have her <insert vile brown stuff happening here> to live with for the rest of my life. I hastily covered this weakness by admitting to being a tight fisted Scot, who would have to find another sitter to replace her! That's how I felt about the babysitter. You're talking about one of your nearest and dearest.

Although your daughter may think you're a crap parent now, it's what's known as tough love. When SWMBO and I came back from a night out I would walk the babysitter home, even although it was only a few hundred yards. (To satisfy all my fellow pervs on here, yes female, yes attractive, yes, in anticipation of "I would" shag anything from our dad's army walt, IF I was single and had half a chance, and NO there are no photo's!}

One night whilst walking her home, she asked me why I did so when it was only a short distance. I explained, although this was late at night/early am, the brown stuff can happen anytime anywhere. I confessed to having a conscience. If something had happened to her I would have her <insert vile brown stuff happening here> to live with for the rest of my life. I hastily covered this weakness by admitting to being a tight fisted Scot, who would have to find another sitter to replace her! That's how I felt about the babysitter. You're talking about one of your nearest and dearest.
I was done at yes female, yes attractive.

There was no need to go on!

Demand that she phones you at the slightest fear, and you can come running from the nearest premier inn/travelodge
that you put yourself in without her knowledge,theres bound to be one within a few miles as opposed to 200,
A bit of a compromise and face saving at the same time.

The first thing a mugger demands is the victim's phone. And how many people can remember the phone numbers of their friends and relatives? So there's no chance of getting the reassuring phone call saying "I'm OK, he only took my phone."

The scrotes wander about in gangs so "safety in numbers" doesn't work any more.

Adopting a martial arts stance just means that you'll get attacked by several assailants instead of one.

There isn't a way of staying safe. Choosing whether or not to let her go just depends on whether or not you can weather the comments of "Why did her parents let a 16 year old go to London without adults? They should be arrested, it's the parents' fault" if something untoward should happen.

Just speaking as somebody who received a phone call from the Police to say "Your daughter's in hospital..."... Thankfully it was "just" alcohol poisoning but the circumstances were such that the hospital conducted a rape examination. And that was a day out in the local town centre with "friends".

I have an idea. It might be a bit late for implementation in this case, but is worth considering.
Employ a chaperone. And the girls don't even need to know he/she is there.
Once upon a time I could have personally recommended half a dozen. Protecting five teenyboppers wouldn't be a common job, but I bet it has been done before.
Don't know what the going rate is nowadays but should be well manageable split five ways.

A bit sneaky, I know but if the kids want to visit our glorious, multicultural capital city and parents get a wink of sleep at the same time, needs must.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Has anyone mentioned drugs yet? While your daughter might not be into them all it take is one of her friends to be a tool who drags the whole group down.
All we've had lately here is girls dying because a 'friend' got them to take pills.

Your child can be law abiding, careful and streetwise, but all it takes is a cunt of a mate to end up with a dead body.

I’m scratching my head over teens with financial resources to travel the length or width off the country, book an air bnb and rustle up tickets for some mega gig

To “spring it on you” is a bit suspect as well. I’d be asking who paid for all the other teens. How long has it actual been in planning etc

WHATS THE GIG

Is it an Albanian run air BnB, do you have a very particular set of skills. Skills You have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make you a nightmare for naughty people

When me and mates gigged it in London when we were market town 6th formers 16-18 we survived, but we were 6 foot blokes in leather jackets, home was two hours away tube/mainline and we never had shady air bnb overnighters
One mates dad used to drive us up, sit in pub round corner from various venues and drive us back. Rather than think he was a weirdo protective father we enjoyed the chauffeur service and he was “cool dad” we still got pissed did drugs and enjoyed

IMHO 200 miles is too far, overnighting is too far.

The girls fighting back against men groping them at gigs

Caveat, I have no kids, you are welcome to them sound like a fucking drama from day one

16 = not an adult = fuck no

Im in london daily. Its a shit hole
Your daughter is not street wise and as mentioned above will stick out like a bulldogs ball sack

You will be 200 miles away might as well be on the moon if it goes pete tong.

Yes she may resent you for a while for saying no. Yes she will strop and sulk. But she will get over it. Ues you will have to cut the apron strings at some point but when she is a bit more savvy and wordly wise.

As a parent with a daughter it would be a fuck no feom me.

People who live in london have posted fuck no above

Whole point of this is fuck no. Way too young and not worldly wise enough.

Ok folks here is my question.

What 16 year old has that kind of money to get down and back, go to a concert and rent a hotel room?? I was lucky if I had money for gas and could take the gf to a movie and ice cream.
This was something that played on my mind , the daughter said the lad organising it is loaded and is paying for everything ,suspicious, she`s now calmed down after being told she`s not going.

Mate
The inescapable fact is, that in less than 700 days, she will be able to do exactly what she wants, with or without your permission.

The final decision will be yours:
I would encourage you to see if you can get hold of one of those tactical pens ( cheap Chinese from eBay is enough)
Power monkey / battery bank to recharge her phone
£60 under one shoe insole & relevant phone numbers & addresses written down, under the other.
Organise a Whatsapp group including yourselves, the girls & other relevant parents.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0664/1897/products/11384-pic_1024x1024.jpg?v=1509142189

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All we've had lately here is girls dying because a 'friend' got them to take pills.

Your child can be law abiding, careful and streetwise, but all it takes is a **** of a mate to end up with a dead body.
I have had a few friends that have had bad pills on a night out. At 17/18 the group think was against getting help as we would have all got into trouble and thrown out of the club, and a few of us pushing for getting help from bouncers.

Add into the mix getting all loved up on pills and ending up in bed with someone you might not normally shag.

I really hope my kids stay away from drugs. A parents eternal worry.

This was something that played on my mind , the daughter said the lad organising it is loaded and is paying for everything ,suspicious, she`s now calmed down after being told she`s not going.
Get his name, find him on Facebook and reverse image search his profile photo on Google.
It will help ID if he is real or a fake account.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Again another scenario I encounter a lot. The lad who's 'loaded'.

Drugs and drink inevitably make an appearance somewhere along the line.

Well done on saying 'No'.

Maybe balance it out by taking her to London on an orientation tour? Point out all the muggers and rapists, etc. :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D The NAAFI Bar 35
Blogg The NAAFI Bar 387
JoeyDeacon The NAAFI Bar 47