Am I an unreasonable parent ?

What I have gleaned from this post is 99% of posters here are level headed and live in the real world , of course the forums resident irresponsible bellends fill in as appropriate have shown their true colours....just saying like.
I have been watching this thread with extreme interest, for what it is worth, in my opinion you have made the right decision.

There's no such thing as 'being dressed like a slut'. Your post comes across as implying you think like the 'Somalis' you mention.
Well I will disagree with you. Girls can dress up like strippers working a pole or modestly these days. There is a balance between dressing up like a lady of the night who works at the "Green Door", and making them dress like you live in Saudi Arabia.

What I've gleaned if that despite all the stories of junior leaders and such like on the other threads, quite a few people on ARRSE turn into hysterical buffoons at the thought of people old enough to join the British army might have a night away in london with their mates up to and including getting the police/school involved.
How many children have you got ?

How many children have you got ?
None, why do you ask? I dont have any stories of my time in junior leaders either.
Are you another who disagrees with child soldiers in the UK?

I never thought so many people on ARRSE who would be against under 18s joining the army

What's the gig and where's she staying (areas).

RAH and the Ritz is very different to some grime band and a kip under the arches at Embankment.
Not at all, around every corner in London there is a bad man (doubtless one of those darkie types) ready to rape every visiting 16 year old and turn them into drug mules.
I read it on the internet.

What I've gleaned if that despite all the stories of junior leaders and such like on the other threads, quite a few people on ARRSE turn into hysterical buffoons at the thought of people old enough to join the British army might have a night away in london with their mates up to and including getting the police/school involved.
Ye-e-ess.
Now I'm not sure about you, but I've noticed considerable differences between those old enough who have joined the Army and those who haven't.
A few months of basic will have people of, perhaps not too dissimilar background, at least having a greater collective awareness and cohesion than a similar bunch of random kids - that's fair to say isn't it?
They should also be more aware of their own persec and repercussions from the big organisation that has a duty of care towards them. The civvy kids don't have that.

If you could see yourself saying 'It's their own fault' about some kid getting into any kind of adverse situation it's from a position of not being responsible for them - or letting the big organisation take that responsibility. A good parent dosn't/shouldn't have that situation develop.

You're not a parent so what are you getting verbal about? Not responsible - walk away.

What I have gleaned from this post is 99% of posters here are level headed and live in the real world , of course the forums resident irresponsible bellends fill in as appropriate have shown their true colours....just saying like.
You mean all those with stories about junior leaders and those who previous to this thread agreed with under 18s joining the British army?

None, why do you ask? I dont have any stories of my time in junior leaders either.

I never thought so many people on ARRSE who would be against under 18s joining the army
I joined the forces under 18, Im one of the old one's that think we should bring back national service,
allow people to have have guns and be able to shoot MPs,
But that's for another thread:)

Yawn. Do you really believe the local lads haven't already tried to get in her knickers.
Clearly some of the belters on here have forgotten all the other stories of teenage derring do on the other threads, disagree with child soldiers in the UK and think that your average 16 bint hasn't already had every lad in her class try to throw one up her.
You hysterical bunch of tits.
I think is IS because we remember what we where like when we were teenagers that makes us risk adverse when it come to our kids. I worry because I did lots of stupid stuff growing up, some could have ended up with a fatality.
The world is a brutal place, even in our so called civilised society. By the time I left secondary school my school year had be exposed to hard drugs, under age sex, pregnancy at 14, 15, 16 years of age, insest, peados, sexual abuse, rape, domestic abuse, suicide and two pupils being murdered (one sixth former and a 15 year old girl), oh, and a parent being commited for schizophrenia.
I went to a normal London school in a goodish area. I thought it was all normal stuff and to an extent I still do.

The world is a cruel place, bad things happen to good people all the time. I want my kids and my friends kids to have a better time of it, and not get exposed to some of life's cruelty to soon.
If that makes me a dripping quim, then so be it.

Ye-e-ess.
Now I'm not sure about you, but I've noticed considerable differences between those old enough who have joined the Army and those who haven't.
A few months of basic will have people of, perhaps not too dissimilar background, at least having a greater collective awareness and cohesion than a similar bunch of random kids - that's fair to say isn't it?
They should also be more aware of their own persec and repercussions from the big organisation that has a duty of care towards them. The civvy kids don't have that.

If you could see yourself saying 'It's their own fault' about some kid getting into any kind of adverse situation it's from a position of not being responsible for them - or letting the big organisation take that responsibility. A good parent dosn't/shouldn't have that situation develop.

You're not a parent so what are you getting verbal about? Not responsible - walk away.

Ask Cheryl James parents (she only just turned 18 when she failed her APWT) is they thought their daughter was protected. Deepcut has for the the last 20+ years been a shagthon for hormonal teenagers, I dare say most other training establishments are the same.

Under 18s are supposed to be curfewed in normal units but its not really enforced. They make the same mistakes as everyone else, I'm sure the ARRSE mob will be signing a petition to stop child soldiers as soon as they can.

Kids will always be raped and occasionally murdered, fact of life unfortunately, thousands of others will manage just fine. Just like the tens of thousands who travel to London every weekend manage just fine, without people waffling on about the police/school.

I never thought so many people on ARRSE who would be against under 18s joining the army .....

Not at all, around every corner in London there is a bad man (doubtless one of those darkie types) ready to rape every visiting 16 year old and turn them into drug mules.
I read it on the internet.
You're the fucktard who bought up the "issue" of people "who disagrees with child soldiers in the UK". No-one else did. You're also the fucktard who doesn't have children. Those of us who HAVE had children - near Londonistan or anywhere else - would expect the Army to keep their kiddiewinks safe if they were child soldiers. There's a BIG difference between the Military being responsible for your 16 y/o's, and 16 y/o's being responsible for themselves in situations they do not understand without adult supervision. BIG difference.

Well I will disagree with you. Girls can dress up like strippers working a pole or modestly these days. There is a balance between dressing up like a lady of the night who works at the "Green Door", and making them dress like you live in Saudi Arabia.
I accept that many will disagree, however, i never judge a woman, or her availability, by her mode of dress and any mode of dress brings no entitlement to any sort of behaviour from others, including me.

Also, I've never thought that whores/strippers were worthy of any less respect than anybody else.

Strippers or whores don't have a government recommended or enforced mode of dress, except in the minds of some individuals.

Kids will always be raped and occasionally murdered, fact of life unfortunately, thousands of others will manage just fine. Just like the tens of thousands who travel to London every weekend manage just fine, without people waffling on about the police/school.
If you ever have kids of your own, you will look back on some of your posts here with a very different view.

I think is IS because we remember what we where like when we were teenagers that makes us risk adverse when it come to our kids. I worry because I did lots of stupid stuff growing up, some could have ended up with a fatality.
The world is a brutal place, even in our so called civilised society. By the time I left secondary school my school year had be exposed to hard drugs, under age sex, pregnancy at 14, 15, 16 years of age, insest, peados, sexual abuse, rape, domestic abuse, suicide and two pupils being murdered (one sixth former and a 15 year old girl), oh, and a parent being commited for schizophrenia.
I went to a normal London school in a goodish area. I thought it was all normal stuff and to an extent I still do.

The world is a cruel place, bad things happen to good people all the time. I want my kids and my friends kids to have a better time of it, and not get exposed to some of life's cruelty to soon.
If that makes me a dripping quim, then so be it.
I think its because people try to outdo themselves with Daily Mail type stories of the evil that awaits in london. There are shit places all over the country. There are half decent places in London where there isnt dark skinned individuals ready to corrupt the poor naive country people.

I accept that many will disagree, however, i never judge a woman, or her availability, by her mode of dress and any mode of dress brings no entitlement to any sort of behaviour from others, including me.

Also, I've never thought that whores/strippers were worthy of any less respect than anybody else.

Strippers or whores don't have a government recommended or enforced mode of dress, except in the minds of some individuals.
I see you never tried to take one home to visit the parents..........

If you ever have kids of your own, you will look back on some of your posts here with a very different view.
No I wont. Would I want the best for them? Very likely. Would I turn into a hysterical fanny frightened of every shadow (especially the black shadows) because someone who can join the army wants to stay out for a night? Very probably not.

No I wont. Would I want the best for them? Very likely. Would I turn into a hysterical fanny frightened of every shadow (especially the black shadows) because someone who can join the army wants to stay out for a night? Very probably not.
Quoting for the future, should it ever happen.

You're the fucktard who bought up the "issue" of people "who disagrees with child soldiers in the UK". No-one else did. You're also the fucktard who doesn't have children. Those of us who HAVE had children - near Londonistan or anywhere else - would expect the Army to keep their kiddiewinks safe if they were child soldiers. There's a BIG difference between the Military being responsible for your 16 y/o's, and 16 y/o's being responsible for themselves in situations they do not understand without adult supervision. BIG difference.
Yeah I brought it in, you fucking prat, because this site previously supported under 18s hanging around with other hormonal teenagers (and older) with access to alcohol and very little supervision. There is never a shortage of pregnant recruits in phase 2. Obviously alot of immaculate conceptions.

But thats okay eh because its alright to be hypocritical

You bunch of hysterical fannies.

Just no, I love London I grew up there but not a chance in hell would i advise someone to let thier 17 year-old country bumpkin daughter to rock down to London in thier own, As said above if the gig is South of the river or even the 02 arena a wrong turn down that way can lead you on to some rough as estates.
It may be different if the party who wished to go had been in the city quite frequently and new where to go/ not go.

Could you not co as a chaperone and just be in the back ground in case it goes wrong?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D The NAAFI Bar 35
Blogg The NAAFI Bar 387
JoeyDeacon The NAAFI Bar 47