Am i about to be a walt.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by guzzler, May 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today i was offered the chance to join a napoleonic reenactment group. Is it a symptom of waltishness or just a vain attempt to regain my youth, i await the judgement of the right honourable members of the arrse.
  2. This walt sh1te is really wearing thin now...
  3. Mate if it's what you're interested in, go for it. I encountered some re-enactors at the weekend and of the ones I spoke to all of them were pretty sound. If you've got an interest in military history and that kinda stuff then it's top cos you get to play with all sorts of kit from those times. Go for it I say, it's not really walting because that's profiting off a military history or career that you don't have.
  4. They might want you to be French which is worse.
  5. Thats not walting,its dressing up and playing soldiers

Me playing Jocks at Collodon

Attached Files:

6. Bob Spour Walt??.... :D
  7. I think the historical context rules out allegations of walting.

Unless of course you are going to sit in the corner of the pub with a thousand yard stare, making thinly veiled references to your involvement at Waterloo.
  8. Are you going to attempt to profit from it by claiming to be the reincarnation of a fat little Corsican? No? Then could you please cause that still wouldn't be walting and would be funny as fcuk to watch. Go fer it man, black powder!

10. is that anywhere near culloden? :?
  11. Are you 215 years old?????
  12. No just feel it sometimes, the interest was raised when they let me fire a brown bess.
  13. 33rd of foot? :D
  14. No... The 22nd Foot and Mouth.
  15. i thought the rules ref walting and re enacting were basically the older the period the less walty it is is and there's a sharp upward curve on the waltometer once you start re-enacting anything less than 50 years old unless it's for a documentary...