AM Garden - Lord Tim - RIP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fozzy, Aug 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Only 63.

Resy in Peace Sir.

2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

RIP, Sir.

You were not the easiest Boss when you were DAFSD and ACAS, but your brain was fantastic and your output prodigious.

A great loss to the wider world of Defence and International affairs.

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Gutted. An outstanding man and a real loss.

4. Rest In Peace Sir.

By all accounts a very decent and honourable man who was indeed a friend to the Forces. My sincere condolences to his family and friends at this very painful time.

5. Air Marshal Lord Tim Garden KCB was an active member of this website ('tgarden') and took a close interest in opinions here and the issues affecting servicemen and women, and our country. His support was key to the "Service Voting" campaign and many others. He was a founder member of BAFF and provided top cover for our launch press conference back in December. I would like to write more in the next couple of days.

D.Y.

6. RIP, Sir.

fastmedic

7. RIP Sir.

Per Ardua ad Astra

8. I believe he was a site member.

9. He most certainly was - and was a regular poster.

Deepest sympathies to his family.

I met him last year and he struck me as being a good fellow. I asked him (like a schoolboy) what was it like to fly the Vulcan. "It was like a fighter!" came the enthusiastic response.

Shame he then had to cancel the project because of a lack of funds.

A sad day.

RIP

10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

His contributions to the "Westminster" sticky in the Current Affairs Forum was essential reading for many. He will be sadly missed having brought a sensible, educated and well-informed voice to debates on Defence, in Westminster, and also on ARRSE.

R.I.P.

11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I am truly saddened by this news.

Tim Garden was not just a member of this site, he was a contributor. His regular updates on defence matters in Parliament, and particularly the Lords, were always interesting, not least because of his own speeches.

As Hackle has mentioned, Tim Garden was a founder member of BAFF; his concern for members of the Armed Forces, across the ranks, was always to the fore.

His death is a huge loss to the many areas of life in which he was involved.

Per Ardua Ad Astra.

12. I saw this thread and thought "That's a poor joke".

I can't believe Lord Tim has gone. How typical of the man to quietly go about his work even under the shadow of certain death.

He was a staunch ally and friend to the Forces , BAFF and ARRSE and we are all the poorer for his passing.

I'd personally like to thank him for the help and advice he offered me in the past , and for the quiet way he contributed to Arrse behind the scenes.

My sincere condolences to Lady Susan, his daughters and his friends and colleagues in the Lords and the party

I'm not sure as yet what Arrse will be doing to pay their respects to this proper old school Gentleman.

Stunned.

PTP

13. Sad loss. RIP Sir.

14. Rest In Peace Lord Garden. This is terrible news, and my condolences to his family and friends.