Alvin Stardust Dead at 72

Saw him perform live once......He was ace.

Ok it was at a Butlins and it was a cheap family holiday, but all the same.

Couldn't get that tune Coo Coo, Coo Ca Choo out of my head for weeks.

That's a real shame.

RIP, mate, we'll never forget you Alan.

Pikeman

Old-Salt
Thats a great shame, but you got to wonder how long before we here the first claim that he fiddled some kid whilst crossing the road hits the papers, now that he can not defend himself!

XPara Mugg

War Hero
Thats a great shame, but you got to wonder how long before we here the first claim that he fiddled some kid whilst crossing the road hits the papers, now that he can not defend himself!

He used to come to my house when I was a kid (early 60s). No sign of 'fiddling' by Bernie.

At least, not with me..... my teenage sisters on the other hand.......... maybe8O.

The only time I saw him perform was as "The Child Snatcher" in a stage production of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" (The missus booked it for the kids, not my fault).
Not his finest hour. I actually felt a bit sorry for the poor sod but not for the lead role who was some grinning buffoon who used to be in Neighbours

Historic sexaul abuse claims against the estate in the Daily mail in 5,4,3,2,1..........................

He inspired my style and touched me in a special place. That's 'a' special place, and not 'the' special place. Thanks Alvin. I'm just off to cross the road in your leather-clad memory. Sniff (dusty etc.).

Sent from my GT-I9070P using ARRSE mobile app

I wonder how the rest of the Chipmunks are taking the news?

He's gen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-deathbed-wish-hid-fight-prostate-cancer.html

The wife has done a touching interview of the lads last days and hours in this mornings Mail.

Apparently he only had two/three days notice we was on Endex. He called the reporter and planned to do the interview himself.

He wanted to raise awareness and remind the rest of us old duffers that this thing can be kept in check if you get your prostrate health checked regularly.

He didn't make the appointment so his Missus did it instead.

Latest Threads