Alternatives to Sky & Virgin...

What are the alternatives to Sly & Virmin these days after Nagra 3 knackered the Eurovox? We pay £45pm for bog standard Virgim, and got quoted £100 pm to add a decent package + Sky Sports HD. Robbing bastards!

Basically, I want to watch Sky Sports/PPV etc, and maybe some Discovery etc, as cheap as possible.

Isn't FreeSat still available for a one-off payment with the option to upgrade (unless I'm corrected)

Dreambox... the clones.... with a cheap sub... now go google it. You can't do it any better for any less money.

Approx £145 (or less) for a DM800HD clone, and £10/month subscription = approx 1200 channels. See Sunrays thread for more details.

Dreambox... the clones.... with a cheap sub... now go google it. You can't do it any better for any less money.

Approx £145 (or less) for a DM800HD clone, and £10/month subscription = approx 1200 channels. See Sunrays thread for more details.
Cheers, is that run through the Virmin wires as Eurovox was?

What are the alternatives to Sly & Virmin these days after Nagra 3 knackered the Eurovox? We pay £45pm for bog standard Virgim, and got quoted £100 pm to add a decent package + Sky Sports HD. Robbing bastards!

Basically, I want to watch Sky Sports/PPV etc, and maybe some Discovery etc, as cheap as possible.
I get everything on sky except the movies, incl sky+ and HD £52 pm?

Cannot find it, any chance of a link please? I can't even find the member.

Virmin Media I am with.
Well it's always going to be dearer if you're buying sky second hand. Virgin are well known for reeling customers in with a great one year deal, then the price hikes.

If you're not tied in to Virgin and you're cable enabled. Get Sky for TV stuff, Virgin for t'internet and phone?

Cardsharing is the way forward I'm told. Any experience here?
Two posts up, your reply to me...

drop me a PM with an email address.

Do this instead.

"religion is the opiate of the masses." But if Marx had seen TV he would have changed that bit in his book.

Attachments