Alternatives to PQWOs

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by ibilola, Aug 14, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now that the Professionally Qualified WO programme has been scrapped, whta alternatives should the AMS investigate for employment /promotion of BMSs, Radiographers etc?

I can see three possible options:

1) Fast stream promotion from sergeant (initially qualified) to WO1

2) A commissioned option similar to that for RGNs with suitable experience

3) Employment of qualified personnel as commissioned officers (like physiotherapists)

2. you are obsessed with it arent you? for gods sake, earn the bloody rank and stop behaving like a spoilt child you hasnt got their way for once!!

3. It was becoming tedious wasn't it. Perhaps our hero just missed the boat? Never mind, you should stil carry on with your OU degree. You never know what good fortune it may bring you, later on in life.

As for being a Warrant Officer, perhaps if your ACRs reflected your commitment to self development, you may be fortunate on the promotions board.

I've always found that a good deal of application, maturity and leadership skills are beneficial though.

4. No. Too much like the ill concieved PQWO and would lead to too many WO1s

The LE commission route has been binned for QAs, only route is RCB which does not take into account experience etc

That has been through the mill previously and is apparantly "under" review. However, nothing will come of it. The status-quo will remain and all Tech trades will go down the pan.

ibilola, if you ain't happy bog off. I ain't happy about my lot but I am waiting to the 22 mark :twisted:

5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Earnt the right to be a WO, just like Foxy did- :wink:

6. too bloody right, and if you cant earn it, sleep your way up! whinging will get you nowhere, except being ridiculed :wink:

7. Sleep your way up! Now you bloody tell me :roll: All those years wasted shagging Juniors I should have turked a Major or 2!! :wink: