Alternative uses for a closed Motorway.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Apr 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think whilst its not being used, we should place a few 1000 tons of polystyrene underneath it, and tow the fucker to the Mediterranean.

Aircraft carrier squared away, i admit their could be one or two other technical issues to sort out .

2. More than likely speed limits of 40 mph due to runway works

3. Doesn't matter where you put it, there'll be cars with dodgy GPS looking for Watford Gap, and The Harebreaks, Bath, Oxford circus and so on. It'll be the nightmare of the century trust me I'm a practitioner.

4. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Got to play on an almost deserted German autobahn going back to JHQ from Hannover airport. Kurds had deicied to form a convoy going both ways and pull into the rastplaz's on either side then running across the autobahn and forming a human chain across it. Stopped the traffic for about 20miles each way. I was in the 2nd row so when they broke the protest I got to gun the brand new golf estate flat out about 120mph for miles until we caught up with normal traffic a few jcns later. Made up for getting stuck in the jam for a few hours.