Altcar selection this weekend!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by FredDibnahsFlatCap, Nov 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Without trying to go over things that are already covered within the forum,i have had a good look and can't seem to find the answer for the following question. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have my selection this Sunday at Altcar and was wondering IF successful,what is the next step and how long after does it usually take for the next step. Im hoping to join 216 Battery RA(V). Thanks.
  2. pm sent........
  3. med should be done before selection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Sorry you are correct brain fart moment ..
  5. happy to help and educate,,,,,,,,,,,
  6. Medical has been done. Bit of a nice MILF aswell up at Fulwood Barracks who under took it.
  7. flash to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  8. bang,,,,,,,
  9. Altcar selection,a brief overview!

Arrive at about quarter to 8 and straight into a briefing room for a chat about the training team and the plan for the day. Then file off into 3 sections, 1 doing the icebreaker, 1 doing gym tasks(static lift,pull ups,height & weight measurements,2 back lift thingymebobs which tests errr......your back,and a jerry can run), 1 doing the B.A.R.B test. Rotating after each one. Once complete this takes you up to dinner, which to be fair is quite decent. Then it's back to the briefing room for another chat about your employers roll in you joining the T.A. Once this is done it's to the gym for command tasks x2. After this is done it's the 1.5 mile run after an 800m warm up(that's meters and not miles). If your fairly fit and have but in some prep you should have no problems(fail to prepare,prepare to fail). Once eveyones back it's back to the briefing room for a quick overview and a goodie bag of crisp and chocolate. Then it's on your way home. All in all not a bad day, and nothing to worry about.
  10. what unit are you joining?
  11. msr

msr LE

Dinner at Altcar 'decent'? Where are you from? Johnson Fold?
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I dont ever remember eating at Altcar, 2 years up at Weeton in the 80's and Altcar was our local range. I do however remember Muss throwing up range stew in the urinals to make more room for beer!
    Oddly enough I cant recall the scoff at Warcop either!
  13. Could be worse, could have been Grantham ...
  14. Whoops, wrong thread, - thought it was about horse racing.
  15. hare coursing at altcar [ not the ranges] the waterloo cup...
    the scoff at altcar is proper dog toffee