Altberg entitlement?

However, I did stand behind someone in Cotswolds that complained to the shop that their very expensive Goretex mountain jacket was not waterproof. The person behind the counter had to explain that if you fall out a boat into water, your goretex jacket wont keep you dry.
That was a private conversation between the shop assistant and myself.

RP.

I was at the Royal Armories museum a while back. Chatting to one of the “living exhibit” guys about the perennial issues of footwear and load carrying.

Generally, the load for Infantry in marching order hadn’t varied much for centuries because it’s a good idea to have as much stuff as you can comfortably (kind of) carry every day.

Footwear is different. Back in the 18th C (this guy was being a British soldier fighting in N America against the traitors) the footwear was constructed more like a moccasin.

The idea was that in temperate climates-they generally didn’t fight in winter- wet feet dry out reasonably well if the mud/water can drain off.

Seems to make sense.
Go back to the 16C and the average British infantryman was issued a standard wooden shoe with no allowance for size or Left / Right. Ouch. That said, as your example shoes the reality of campaign dress was often very different to what is depicted in oil paintings and bookplates.

Is it too soon to ask if this thread is going the way the OP expected?

From his recent silence I'd suggest his sole is no longer in it.
Maybe a Mod has booted him off the thread?

That'll be the culprit, I'm a sweaty cnut i'll admit that.

Would seal skin socks be a good shout when out in the field, dry socks on when in doss bag?
no, seal skins are mostly better for keeping water out. If your feet are sweating as much as this so that you feel that water is getting in, the only thing you can do is keep changing your socks or invest in something that is breathable, line sympatex or goretex.

Foot powder might help too.

Edited to add : you can buy thin socks that work like a base layer top, they will wick the moisture away from your skin and keep it in the socks, the same way that a heli hansen base layer works. I use those in the arctic and they do help.

Clothing Scale 6 (No 8 Dress), Boots Combat x 2 (Dismounted Close Combat troops 2 pr high liability boots, all other troops 1 pr high liability and 1 pr low liability)

it isn't difficult ^~

Personal admin in the field would be a good shout, try it you’ll be shocked at the results.
Especially if he follows your example of foot admin on Ops .:p

Coolmax socks are superb for moving moisture away from the foot. Also work really well for the prevention of blisters.

With almost 12 hours of standing in brogues on Saturday, they also proved invaluable for keeping my feet from falling apart!

I was issused 3 pairs of boots at basic back in 2016. One pair of alt bergs which I find are great in the wet. One pair of haix that the op posted. I got told they were my “summer haix” then a pair of “winter haix” which I’ve never used due to the fact my feet are like radiators no matter the outside temperature.

If you buy any equipment that isn't provided by the Army, and are injured in the course of using it, watch the Army's Insurance policies wash their hands of any liability.
The army will only wash their hands of it if they can prove you were injured due to wearing non issued kit. Otherwise the PRI wouldnt sell anything.

The army will only wash their hands of it if they can prove you were injured due to wearing non issued kit. Otherwise the PRI wouldnt sell anything.
Well the QM / QM(T)'s have spoken about it in detail - non-issued kit without proper IR fabrics / own body armour instead of issued / Boots not to regulation standard.

Big things to to base a PRI assuption on, hell one unit PRI in Kent was selling Grenade supplements to the lads, even thou is was on the banned CDT list.

Well the QM / QM(T)'s have spoken about it in detail - non-issued kit without proper IR fabrics / own body armour instead of issued / Boots not to regulation standard.

Big things to to base a PRI assuption on, hell one unit PRI in Kent was selling Grenade supplements to the lads, even thou is was on the banned CDT list.
I'd venture that the QM is talking out of his hoop. Quite a few years ago the 1GS regt CO banned all gucci kit, the PRI shop in Gutersloh went to the Brigadier, the Brigadier told the CO to stop being a knob (Possibly not those exact words).
If you get ran over by a tank, the MOD isn't absolved any compo responsibilities because your boxer shorts arent army issue.

Clothing Scale 6 (No 8 Dress), Boots Combat x 2 (Dismounted Close Combat troops 2 pr high liability boots, all other troops 1 pr high liability and 1 pr low liability)

it isn't difficult ^~
Check out the weirdo who needs a clothing scale. All us cool kids just send a DR back to Bicester.

As noted by several people, being in and out of bogs and streams will end up in wet feet, and it becomes a case of good sock/foot powder admin. I've also been in situations where it's raining so hard that the water running down your legs becomes a problem, filling the boots with water - and that was a pair with a soft leather top collar. The gap caused by the socks was enough, and that was without hopping in and out of streams, etc.. I was sloshing along (and bloody miserable).
The traditional solution was the cuffs off a pair of NBC gloves. Worked like a charm.